Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Class Merging? More like, Class FREEDOM!

I promise last next expansion speculation thread no more after this please please I promise this one's different it talks about future wow expacs cmon guys cmon please...

Okay!

What happens when Blizzard runs out of class ideas and 4th specs and everything else new for classes? Or what happens when there's too much overlap between classes hmm? What happens then huh?

Class merging! Screw imbalances!!!

It's a new feature that adds tons of customization towards your character! Who doesn't like customization? Hitler, that's who! Don't be Hitler.

Anyway, the basics are you merge abilities with your current class with abilities of another class to create a whole new way to role (fuck yeah puns!). Of course, you wouldn't get all the abilities, it'd be like multiple drood's symbiosis' but in a feature form.
    The feature wouldn't be available at level one, but once you start getting up there to the higher levels, it would be open to you.

In addition to abilities, you could obtain other classes' weapon proficiencies! That could open up things like int plate, agi daggers, etc. All loot would be available!

Always there will be a cost or consequence to class merge. You may gain some proficiencies or abilities, but lose some of your own abilities and proficiencies! To support the feature, it would require some of your gold too. The hope is that you can merge to make your own play style without gaining or losing advantage in the long run. Perhaps you might gain some advantage in a specific situation, but for the most part, most of the abilities that you merge won't be core abilities or long CDs.

I'll give you guys an example!

Warlock <---> rogue = Demon Hunter!!!

Warlock loses some insta casts, but gains melee proficiency (dual wield). Warlock also gains evasion (to help with lack of as many instants), and some more mobility moves.

Rogue gains some ranged spell casts, but loses poisons =(. Your attacks are stronger and you're more resistant to spells, but you lose some stealth and mobility. Gain a Demo CD (idk how they'd use demonic power, so the CD sounds better)

The class merging could also not be as extensive, and provide just trivial buffs or visuals to just give you what you want. As soon as the play style is created, numbers can be tuned to balance things out.

Anyway, how would you like Class Merging? If you don't like my version of it, how would you make it? If you don't like the idea of more customization why are you Hitler? Thank you.

EDIT: It seems I need to make this more clear and more serious as to not derail or cause a flame war.

Serious explanation:

Class merging is a feature that allows you to gain certain abilities or armor/weapon proficiencies at the cost of your own in order to create a multitude of playstyles that can hopefully fit each and every player.

Want to be a Paladin that shouts? Merge Paladin and Warrior
    Want to be a Battle Mage? Merge Mage and Warrior
    Want to be a Mountain King? Merge Shaman and Warrior
    Want to be a Ranger? Merge Hunter and Rogue

Those are just my ideas. Click the reply button and post your ideas for class merges, or whether or not you'd use the feature. Really talk about anything related to class merging. Thanks again guys.
    Last edited by JasonWuzHear; 2013-07-29 at 11:45 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I read through this whole thing and it made no sense to me.

You're talking about being a Warlock-Rogue and that being a Demon Hunter?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Super Munchkin!

all i have to say is Godwins Law
    "The law is sometimes invoked prescriptively to mark the end of a discussion when a Nazi analogy is made, with the writer who made the analogy being considered to have lost the argument."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

shaman + mage = godmode, i got loads of escapes burst CC, lose healing, cause damn who's going to be standing up for longer than 5 seconds anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Squirreludecker View Post
    lol what a stupid law.

i can invent a new law, mmo-c your ass got infracted law. given a discussion going on for long enough, someone is going to troll/flame and someone's gonna get an infaction!

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

The feature allows you to gain other classes' abilities or proficiencies at the cost of your own. It enables you to combine play styles to "create" a class that you want.

AND EVERYONE KNOWS THAT DEMON HUNTERS ARE WARLOCK ROGUES JEEEZ

But seriously, Demon Hunters have evasion and metamorphosis, abilities from Rogues and Warlocks. That's why I said it would be a Demon Hunter.

15+ Year Old Account
    So there was this one game..... called rift... it had a few basic classes and you built what ever the hell you wanted within them.

Merge all classes into a single UBER-CLASS! It has all their abilities and a rotation 193 spells long! For some mysterious reason the rotation has the /dance emote in the center and leaving it out curts your T/H/DPS by almost 17%! You can wear all armor but you have to switch out armor during your rotation because you cant cast that while wearing that.

Come with mandatory derpy flying lion mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Alski View Post
    So there was this one game..... called rift... it had a few basic classes and you built what ever the hell you wanted within them.
    Yeah, that's practically where the idea came from. The point is to see how WoW might implement such a feature, and what might the merges be . Or even, whether or not merges could happen

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonWuzHear View Post
    I promise last next expansion speculation thread no more after this please please I promise this one's different it talks about future wow expacs cmon guys cmon please...

Okay!

What happens when Blizzard runs out of class ideas and 4th specs and everything else new for classes? Or what happens when there's too much overlap between classes hmm? What happens then huh?

It's a new feature that adds tons of customization towards your character! Who doesn't like customization? Hitler, that's who! Don't be Hitler.

Anyway, the basics are you merge abilities with your current class with abilities of another class to create a whole new way to role (fuck yeah puns!). Of course, you wouldn't get all the abilities, it'd be like multiple drood's symbiosis' but in a feature form.
    The feature wouldn't be available at level one, but once you start getting up there to the higher levels, it would be open to you.

In addition to abilities, you could obtain other classes' weapon proficiencies! That could open up things like int plate, agi daggers, etc. All loot would be available!

Always there will be a cost or consequence to class merge. You may gain some proficiencies or abilities, but lose some of your own abilities and proficiencies! To support the feature, it would require some of your gold too. The hope is that you can merge to make your own play style without gaining or losing advantage in the long run. Perhaps you might gain some advantage in a specific situation, but for the most part, most of the abilities that you merge won't be core abilities or long CDs.

I'll give you guys an example!

Warlock <---> rogue = Demon Hunter!!!

Warlock loses some insta casts, but gains melee proficiency (dual wield). Warlock also gains evasion (to help with lack of as many instants), and some more mobility moves.

Rogue gains some ranged spell casts, but loses poisons =(. Your attacks are stronger and you're more resistant to spells, but you lose some stealth and mobility. Gain a Demo CD (idk how they'd use demonic power, so the CD sounds better)

The class merging could also not be as extensive, and provide just trivial buffs or visuals to just give you what you want. As soon as the play style is created, numbers can be tuned to balance things out.

Anyway, how would you like Class Merging? If you don't like my version of it, how would you make it? If you don't like the idea of more customization why are you Hitler? Thank you.

EDIT: It seems I need to make this more clear and more serious as to not derail or cause a flame war.

Serious explanation:

Class merging is a feature that allows you to gain certain abilities or armor/weapon proficiencies at the cost of your own in order to create a multitude of playstyles that can hopefully fit each and every player.

Want to be a Paladin that shouts? Merge Paladin and Warrior
    Want to be a Battle Mage? Merge Mage and Warrior
    Want to be a Mountain King? Merge Shaman and Warrior
    Want to be a Ranger? Merge Hunter and Rogue

Those are just my ideas. Click the reply button and post your ideas for class merges, or whether or not you'd use the feature. Really talk about anything related to class merging. Thanks again guys.
    if you have ever played or heard of Angels Online, from IGG.com , you basically described the games class system! Casters being able to weild axes but loosing CD reduction, Faster casting speeds etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue gains some ranged spell casts, but loses poisons =(. Your attacks are stronger and you're more resistant to spells, but you lose some stealth and mobility.
    Then no point in playing a Rogue at all then... enough flavor been sucked out already. I'd rather see it go back to where there were not all these others having some kind of stealth, healing, or whatever else they didn't have before, they've mixed it up already.

yeah. just another cater to me and make a demon hunter class thread.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even going to bother to read the rest after i got to that.
    Aye mate

Ele Shaman plus a mage would be so freaking OP there would be no other reason to make another class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirreludecker View Post
    "The law is sometimes invoked prescriptively to mark the end of a discussion when a Nazi analogy is made, with the writer who made the analogy being considered to have lost the argument."
    You ever play the Batman Wiki game?
    "If you see greedo or solo let them know the war is over..i used jabba for bait to catch the Kracken. Sorry greedo."

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed."- Ghostcrawler on warriors

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would be balance hell. The idea is cool, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

I want to tank as a warlock.... maybe... SPELLBREAKERRR!!!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.

Really? Made sense to me, seems in plain english, grammar isn't bad, sentences...check. Yup, makes sense, the wording is in the order you'd expect...what's the problem again?

OT: Sort of like rift's talents? But yah, would be cooler for wow
    "oh fuck, the frost mage took int plate!"
    "omg it's a guardian lock, and he's an engineer! game over man, GAME OVER!"
    "what?! that warrior has a pet?" "Yah man, he cross talented a BM hunter..."

It could add some really cool stuff. Balancing issues be damned, it's a FUN idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    Then no point in playing a Rogue at all then... enough flavor been sucked out already. I'd rather see it go back to where there were not all these others having some kind of stealth, healing, or whatever else they didn't have before, they've mixed it up already.
    Oh really? Well you keep at that, and while you're at it, squeeze this toothpaste back into the tube for me would you?
    Give us a jingle when you're done or give up
    Sorry, there is no going back, only forward....and sideways, lots of sideways.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Not even going to bother to read the rest after i got to that.
    But you bothered to post? lulz yah okay guy. Thin veil of bullshit is thin, you read it.
    And just b/c you can't think beyond the boundries does not mean it isn't a valid discussion. I kind of like the idea, not if it went live tomorrow, but to talk about it can't hurt, at least it's more interesting then "Not even going to bother to read the rest after I got to that." which adds exactly ZERO to the thread....boosting your post count ftw?
    I bet you complain wow is boring.

OT: TIME PALADINS HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I worked for blizz, we'd be doing this at work on a weekend for giggles. AND YOU"D NEVER KNOW!
    Last edited by Bigbamboozal; 2013-07-30 at 05:36 AM.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.