starting fresh...cant decide

coming back to the game after a long while. And instead of wasting money on a transfer i want to start the game from lvl 1 brand new character. I mainly want to focus on battlegrounds as my endgame. Any insight as to what the strong melee classes are at the moment for battlegrounds? I mean im not trying to play the super op class but i dont wanna play the trash class either :x

Well people of each class will probably tell you differently but really there is no trash class at the moment. They're all viable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Well people of each class will probably tell you differently but really there is no trash class at the moment. They're all viable.
    I dunno rogues are pretty garbage atm...

Deleted
    Rogues are terribly overpowered(And fun)in BG's at level 85, if you want to stay and twink for a while that is.
    But as for 90, I would say DK for solo play and Warrior if you have a pocket healer friend.

For bg's, everything will do..

I decided on an undead Warrior or DK..itd be frost Dk and warrior..idk what kinda warrior would be good :x

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zaknafein34 View Post
    I decided on an undead Warrior or DK..itd be frost Dk and warrior..idk what kinda warrior would be good :x
    Arms would be the spec to go

Deleted
    Play whatever you find fun, and consider a healer/tank spec for PvE. Druid is the safest choice, as yo have it all, in case you want to change your play style.

Quote Originally Posted by zaknafein34 View Post
    coming back to the game after a long while. And instead of wasting money on a transfer i want to start the game from lvl 1 brand new character. I mainly want to focus on battlegrounds as my endgame. Any insight as to what the strong melee classes are at the moment for battlegrounds? I mean im not trying to play the super op class but i dont wanna play the trash class either :x
    If you'll want to focus on BGs then in means you'll be doing RBGs to get top pvp gear and contrary for few opinions this thread nearly no melee classes are getting invites to RBGs. If you're content with playing 2v2 for cap and then fighting ppls in random BGs then any melee will do, if you're planing to participate in RBGs your best bets are DK with it's disposition tools and rogue with it's flag carrier killing capabilities.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Rogues are terribly overpowered(And fun)in BG's at level 85, if you want to stay and twink for a while that is.
    But as for 90, I would say DK for solo play and Warrior if you have a pocket healer friend.
    Rogues has been incredibly dumbed down to something that ain't funny at all.

I miss the ability to use other than daggers. Back in TBC where that was viable I wanted to have daggers to be viable.

Funny how I changed that statement today.

Have played Rogue for 8 years now, but can't be arsed with how boring and shitty it is today.

Logged into my 74 alt Shaman a week ago and haven't looked back ever since.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    Rogues has been incredibly dumbed down to something that ain't funny at all.

I miss the ability to use other than daggers. Back in TBC where that was viable I wanted to have daggers to be viable.

Funny how I changed that statement today.

Have played Rogue for 8 years now, but can't be arsed with how boring and shitty it is today.

Logged into my 74 alt Shaman a week ago and haven't looked back ever since.
    I hear ya. Did the exact same thing on my hunter for the same reason a few weeks ago.
    Some classes just lose their charm when dumbed down too much, hunter and rogue being the biggest victims imo.

Level all 11 classes to 90 and then pick.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm the complete opposite. Assassination/combat found some guides and have been tearin it up in BG's/raids. Fun times on the rogue, fun times.
    Stationed at McGuire, AFB.
    PC Specs: i5-3570K, GTX 690, Gigabyte UD5H, Corsair Vengeance 8GB, Corsair AX750, H100i, Phantom 630 case, Asus VH236H

Um, i think they lock 'pick my class thread' not sure why, as I don't see any harm in it, but they do. So i'll chime in before it happens. Undead warrior sounds like a lot of fun. I'd go with that. DK's are also good and either is fine for BG's. For rated BG's DK will be better and warrior will have hard time finding spots.

But they're different playstyles. Warriors have good mobility, little uptime and do good burst when they connect. DK's are more about bringing people to you. I honestly have fun on both, but i'm a bit bored of my DK and really enjoying warrior. Heroic leap, charge, mobility is SO much fun.

Depends on the playstyle you want: I have played every 90 class in all three of their specs to date. In pvp all of my toons have at one point been 1500-1700, the toons I enjoy playing 1800-2100 since 5.2 and 5.3. All of them eligible for LFR and have cleared for a few weeks casually and are at least 485-499 ilvl. The ones I prefer I'll actually raid on are 12/12 normal give or take 1-2 heroic kills.

This is what I gather:

**PvP**
    Healing:
    Shaman: Very good for DoT Cleave and BG's. Their specialty is AoE healing constant and high damage. Their mastery is more impactful healing players with lower HP
    Priest: Holy is actually pretty buff for 3's especially with beast cleave (feral/ bm) otherwise Disc is one of the top healing specs atm
    Paly: Are very good for lining up CC with a dps class in areana's. Pretty good healer, and can survive good healer damage
    Druid: In my opinion one of the most under played healer atm. No one knows how to really stick with their style and if a R druid should ever die, it's because of user error, or the druid being baited or too over zealous with kiting
    Monk: The one with my least experience in playing, it's pretty good though offers decent aoe burst and single target burst healing with kitability. Very predictable and easily countered though.

Tank:
    DK: If you are smart, then is easily the best FC for RBGs. I went to 2200 in around 4 days flag carrying on my DK.
    Paly: Very good damage and anti/magic survivability. With static block stats, counters melee pretty good compared to DK (which has to actively attack the tgt rather than ignore them)
    Druid: Close second to DK in RBGs. Amazing mobility and on demand survival, really good damage, and if played like a resto druid can pretty much 1v1 anything in game other than a blood dk.
    Monk: depends on the player 100%. When to use brew to clear DoT, what CD to use in priority to what is hitting you, etc
    Warrior. Really good mobility (leap, charge tgt then intervene furthest friendly player..can close gap really quick) Some of the best used Def CDs in game

DPS: (melee)
    DK: Unholy if played right (not many people can) can be very anti-anything. Most have a cookie cutter knowledge of them and dont consider RPPM/ RC
    Monk: Can 1v1 most anything if played right. Best survival as any melee, low burst- but good amp up time, anti caster, and decent CC
    Rogue: Really under powered at the moment. Their playstyle is really complimentive to other classes, if you get rolled by rogues he and his partner are decent.
    Shaman: Amazing burst, and next patch will get stronger. Can use procs and most passive DPS effects are turned to healing (wolves, etc)
    Paly: Terrible in pvp at the moment. "focus ret until bubble, MD, kill ret, gg" They can do HIGH damage, and are problematic if paired with a good stun team.
    Druid: Probably the most overscaled melee dps atm in PvP. Their bleeds counter all if not most healing absorb effects, let alone their combo point burst.
    Warrior: Really only played by loyal warrior fans at the moment. healer + warr can be good in 2s and Bgs if you have a pocket healer. Not really impressive, but arms will get buffed next patch

DPS: (ranged)
    Hunter: Easily should get to 2k in full current pvp gear, if you cant you are doing it wrong.
    Priest: Very good when played with a dot cleave + resto shaman. I got mine to 2100 with a new affliction lock and decent resto shaman.
    Shaman: As ele you will always be the go to kill target, so your rotation is based of pressure. You burst, survive, and wait til you can burst again and line it up with a kill.
    Mage: Incanters ward got hit pretty good, but they can still do high overall damage, rather than global you. If you stay on your CC and control your target, you should do well.
    Druid: Balance is very good in RBGs atm, especially when paired with other AoE control FX. Really non existent in arenas, unless doing 5's.

DeathKnight is my main (blood PvE, Unholy/ Blood PvP) once I got 2500 RBG I quit messing with frost and went unholy to mess with RC+ RPPM playstyle.
    My healer main is my Disc priest and feel they are very good control wise... Dominating mind, run dude LoS or off an edge, laugh at others still trying to break bubble
    My ranged is really hit or miss, I gave up mage when I didnt think the fun factor was there, hunter is fun with BM or MM, warlock is really fun right now.

The only spec I havent gotten balls deep into is my resto druid. I played it til full tyrr in 5.2 then quit as it got boring, and harder to find a good dps partner.

Hope some of my insight helps. I can do a PvE comparability as well, im bored as shit waiting for servers atm :|

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    Level all 11 classes to 90 and then pick.
    Even better, download PTR and create insta-90 chars with full pvp gear, try them out and see what fits you best.

Personally, I'd go either Feral or Retri. Both are all round classes (specs), can do basically anything between very good and excellent*. A big plus for druids is that they're the only ranged/melee/tank/healer in the game.

*if you're into casual play

We don't really allow 'which class should i role' threads, and as prestilence has already given you a pretty indepth answer I'm going to lock this thread for now.