well...the EPL looks interesting at the top, I might watch more of it. the Bundesliga will be stomped by Bayern again, Ligue 1 looks a bit more exciting, have no idea about Serie A, and La Liga will even be duller than usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh you horrible, pessimistic person .
    Ohio State Buckeye

If you are a supporter of anyone other than Real Madrid or Barcelona, you can't but help be pessimistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    It must be very disconcerting for the other teams for sure, too much of a duopoly going on right now. Still Barca and Real provide a lot of entertainment for us all.

Hart
    Shawcross, Mertzesacker, Jagielka, Bassong
    Bale, Snodgrass, Parker, Duff
    Jelavic, Van Persie

Boruc, Ki, O'Brien, Crouch

Yep so a few former Old Firmers in there, but a couple of them are solid dependable types but gotta admit, when you've got RVP in there you gotta do some dumpster diving to fill the squad.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Has Mertesacker got his "if the ball comes anywhere near me, the other team get a penalty 5 times out of 10" mentality out of his system that he had a couple of WCs ago?

You always have the same budget of 100M, right?

I hope you didn't go looking for Snodgrass and Bassong in the "dumpster"

I also wish I could take 4-5 players from the same team, I wanted Ruddy - Bassong - Snodgrass - Pilkington - RvWolf
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-07-29 at 08:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Hart
    Shawcross, Mertzesacker, Jagielka, Bassong
    Bale, Snodgrass, Parker, Duff
    Jelavic, Van Persie

Boruc, Ki, O'Brien, Crouch

Yep so a few former Old Firmers in there, but a couple of them are solid dependable types but gotta admit, when you've got RVP in there you gotta do some dumpster diving to fill the squad.
    Should balance out your squad a bit mate.

Having RvP and Bale (who is likely to not be at Spurs for much longer) and filling it up with shite won't earn you many Fantasy points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post

Having RvP and Bale (who is likely to not be at Spurs for much longer) and filling it up with shite won't earn you many Fantasy points.
    This is always my problem, I am trying a little bit different this time round. I also always avoid city players because I never want them to do well, stumped for clichy this year though, hoping he gets more games. I also always have too many everton players, they always border on the cheap/good points ratio.

Deleted
    Never understood the pundits who hated on Crouch, he's a fantastic player IMO, plus a really genuine guy.

Not sure where he's going this year though, didn't catch if his lend is over or if he's being bought, anyone know?

I think QPR are lining him up.

Bale is staying, too much speaking for it... not more then rumours speaking against it. But we are still fucked without a good striker.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Butler's team is pretty good tbh.

Norwich bias is understandable.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    so yeah, I'm still around hoping arsenal wins it all (heh...)

but anyways http://predictthescore.net/

the mini league for mmo-champion will be running next season aswell, if you were in last season and wanna keep going just keep predicting and your in it already, for anyone wanting to join back in, 18263957 <--- is the code to join the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    Butler's team is pretty good tbh.

Norwich bias is understandable.
    I wish people would name there teams/manager after their avatar..hard to tell who is who.

Ah grasshoppaaaa you forget that until the first match kicks off you can switch players - so Bale isn't an issue and if he sticks with Spurs it's got potential to be massive. None of the "fillers" were players that will let you down, they're players who are capable of banking points on a consistent basis, my thinking is I'm not looking for 9 players with 80ppg & 2 with 100, I'm looking for a couple of big guns then the rest earning a solid 50ppg. It'll end in glorious failure I know but given my limited knowledge of the English top flight (as I simply don't watch it) it's wise to have some players I know in there.

There's also the fact when you look at the squad, I tried to avoid players likely to be facing title contenders in the first few weeks unless they're talented enough to be equally as effective - for example I couldn't give two shits that RVP faces Chelsea in week 2, it's RVP for christ sakes. Wouldn't be terribly smart to pick a back 4 playing Man Utd now would it!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

I don't think my team has a collective "doom draw" on any one week, at least until the New Year (just looked and didn't check any further than the January transfer window).

Deleted
    Williams and Johnny Walters are actually a good shout.

Went for Dempsey & Jagielka myself.

1. What will be the top four finishing in the EPL:
    2. Champs League winner:
    3. PFA Player of the year:
    4. Writers player of the year:
    5. Top Premiership Scorer:
    6. Best transfer:
    7. Biggest transfer flop:
    8. Who will be relegated from the EPL:

1) Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Man United in that order
    2) Munich or City
    3) Juan Mata
    4) Eden Hazard
    5) Giroud or Van Persie
    6) Suarez out of England would be fantastic. Hate the guy.
    7) Rooney to Chelsea if he comes
    8) Hull, Palace, Sunderland

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23504807 Is there a bigger dickhead in football than this guy? He should never have been able to play football again after the first few convictions.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Bale saga is getting out of hand.
    Ohio State Buckeye