Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Ganking is fine...that is why we all have other characters to swap too if a person just wont leave your lowbie alone.

Only people I feel sorry for are first time players with first toon.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, more so now then before CRZ was introduced.
    On Mal'Ganis US it's mostly Hellfire, Hyjal and Deepholme where they gank at. If it wasn't for CRZ I doubt we would have even 1/100th the amount of ganking we have now, since horde outnumber ally by a HUGE margin here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best experience with this was while I was fishing in Karasang Wilds for Nat Pagle rep on my warrior.

2 horde warriors jumps off their flying mounts and start unloading cooldowns at the same time. Knowing I was going to die (beeing in PvE gear and fury spec, I decided to let them chase me abit while popping shield wall and see how long i could last with second wind.

After abou 40 seconds of running around, (stunning / fear / slowing) it became clear to me that I actually had a chance to kill them, so I popped everything and nuked one of them before he could do much, about 10 seconds after the 2nd warrior died, and I went back to my fishing - I never saw them again.

Also I only gank people that I know wont put up a fight. I do this mostly when I fly by doing acheaololagy and thus I am extremely bored when I'm doing it.

In Vanilla I would stay in Gadgetzan for days, waiting for low levels to move out in the desert, I would follow them for a long time, waving at them, even helping them with quests (killing their mobs for them) enough for them to trust me and run all the way into the desert. Then I would kill them and laugh. Back then the graveyard was all the way back at gadgetzan and it would take forever to run back to your corpse.
    Last edited by Leothas; 2013-07-30 at 11:09 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Maybe I'm going to deep there actually, it's just to troll and feel better when having a shitty day.
    Better that than kicking the dog.
    Sounds pathetic tbh. No offense, but letting others suffer because your own life is miserable is pretty pathetic.

Oh well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Sounds pathetic tbh. No offense, but letting others suffer because your own life is miserable is pretty pathetic.

Oh well

I'd say bully on. I'd rather it be on a video game than irl.

Deleted

Oh well
    Life can get pretty shit sometimes.

Hey it's not for everyone, and it's hardly a regular thing. But I'm not gonna lie, I've done it before.
    Same thing as trolling official forums. Trolling is cathartic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nottashot View Post
    I'd say bully on. I'd rather it be on a video game than irl.
    I guess. But its not rare that a persons mentality and the way this person acts also reflects the same way
    in real life.

Sure... some kids act tough online when they are really just sad and lonely in real life. Almost like a cry for help perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane
    Life can get pretty shit sometimes.

Hey it's not for everyone, and it's hardly a regular thing. But I'm not gonna lie, I've done it before.
    Same thing as trolling official forums. Trolling is cathartic.
    I cant really see trolling and griefing as the exact same thing. Some small similarities perhaps but deffo not the same thing...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even care if someone kills a low level character that I'm leveling. I'm not going to waste my time going on a witch hunt just to get "revenge" on someone who most likely is bored and just felt like swooping down to kill me. It's just degrading to me to get so bend out of shape out of some 90 killing you that you have to go ahead and chase them on your main. There is absolutely no gain from it at all.

There's no death penalty in this game. It's not like other games I've played where getting killed can destroy your entire experience with that character. There's no reason to get mad. Just hit the respawn button and keep playing. Who cares what other people do in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    if i see an alliance that is low on life and fighting a mob, sure i land and ease his/her pain a bit.

same happens to me as well. flying mounts ruined ganking btw.
    Flying mounts offer other options for ganking.
    It was not ruined, only shifted in how it happens.

World PvP can happen still on the more populated realms, it just takes enough people to actually give a damn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I don't even care if someone kills a low level character that I'm leveling. I'm not going to waste my time.
    Except that if that person is killing you the second you revive over and over and over then you are in fact wasting time because you are not progressing.

Sounds fun!

Deleted
    Few times gotten ganked on my alts. Always some wimp who sweeps down on flying mount on MOP zone and just flies away as soon as I get my main, waiting for me to log back to my alt. Real pvp heroes eh... Gotta love how some bored jerk can prevent your leveling as there's no way to retaliate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    its sad that cankers cant handle real pvp where theres a chalange what worries me is when they merge all the servers and they mess up by merging pvp and pve together is that it will kill the game as every1 that either started in a pve realm or moved from a pvp realm coz of the gamking will mostlkly quit coz of the ganking.
    When the Virtual Realm Merge system gets online, I am pretty sure Blizzard aren't too dumb. I take time to believe that Blizzard knows just to merge the types we have now. All RP-pvp together, all RP together, all PvP together and all PvE together. Thereby problems can't occur like that, I just hope that the VRM is going to kill the CRZ.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently, I don't notice it much in level 1-60 cata content, I think my monk got killed twice (so far at level 42). Not sure about TBC, but Honor Hold is littered with Skeletons. When I was leveling a shaman to 80 for profession reasons (from 70), I noticed plenty of ganking in the upper 70 zones, not so much before that though. A friend of mine observed that Horde pretty much blanket the skies of Mount Hyjal, but after that, not too much. As far as Pandaria content is concerned, that depends on the server. I've leveled three characters to 90 and a few around 86-87, and I've been attacked only three times in total while leveling them all, but my server is pretty dead. If I see any action, it's when I'm doing dailies, but even that is rare, probably due to dailies being quite the grind in MoP.

Given that you haven't played in 7 years on a PvP server, there is pretty much no ganking whatsoever compared to the game back then. The one big difference? Back in Vanilla, if you got attacked by a level 60, as long as you were 40+ you had a chance, and in TBC, if you were 60+ you had a chance. Basically, what I'm saying is that ganking rarely happens anymore, but when you do get ganked in today's game, you feel powerless, while in Vanilla/TBC, you got into plenty of scraps, but you felt you could have won them.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the end I guess I'm not able to grasp on to players that roll on a PvP server that don't want to PvP. Ganking might not be fun for the person being picked on but it's sorta a given that it's going to happen. By no means am I saying it's fair or fun but the person on the low end but I'm pretty sure it's fun for the person on the top end. I guess that's normally just how it works, both in game (gear/lucky drops etc) and out of game irl?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartungar View Post
    Why do you dislike ganking so much? It is part of world pvp. It brings a bit of thrill.
    Keep sitting in your capital city, waiting for LFG.
    I don't really hate it, I more feel pity for them. I mean, most gankers wait for you to be occupied with something or AFK. Yes, it may be part of "world PvP". Though, I don't really see how much part it has. I mean, you're mostly meeting people insanely higher level/geared than you - killing you with 1 hit. Many times in zones where guards should have attacked him (That is why I'm happy for 5.4 with the enhanced guards in more zones). I don't see ganking as World PvP, as there's no skills nor actual combat to it. It's just slaughter, you can compare it with people shooting innocent and call it war.

That is why I don't go PvP servers, but at times we just can't get rid of the insects. Give me real World PvP then.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess. But its not rare that a persons mentality and the way this person acts also reflects the same way
    in real life.

Sure... some kids act tough online when they are really just sad and lonely in real life. Almost like a cry for help perhaps?
    Not everyone who "bullies" other people in real life is a bad person or lonely in real life. That's a common misconception. People will always judge others based on their height, weight, style, posture, voice tone, skin color and make a decision whether that person is inferior to them based on what they saw on the outside of that person.

It's part of how the human tribal instinct works. People tend to associate with others that are similar to them in social status and will bully those they feel that are beneath them while aspire "praise" or look up to those they believe that are above them. A 6'1 200 pound male with a deep voice is much likely to bully or not take seriously a 5'7 150 pound male with a high pitched voice. It's the way the world works.

It happens online too, the only difference being that lesser individuals get to pretend that they're higher on the social ladder than they really are. That's where the whole "anybody who bully others online are sad in miserable in real life" comes from. Its a generalization that to me is a little overused.

Deleted
    The Dark Portal is a pure gankfest, even more so since CRZ was implemented. Hellfire Peninsula is a nightmare to level up in alone. Usually when you see someone from the other faction while you're leveling you have the tendency to go gank them. The downside to it is that they call half their guild which could lead to some interesting cross-realm guild wars.

It does stop the closer you get to 90 though.

Quote Originally Posted by nottashot View Post
    In the end I guess I'm not able to grasp on to players that roll on a PvP server that don't want to PvP. Ganking might not be fun for the person being picked on but it's sorta a given that it's going to happen. By no means am I saying it's fair or fun but the person on the low end but I'm pretty sure it's fun for the person on the top end. I guess that's normally just how it works, both in game (gear/lucky drops etc) and out of game irl?
    well, back then, the idea appealed to me, but then I had a revelation..... After getting ganked so much, I decided I hated it. And that is why I haven't played that character in 7 years.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talkshowhost View Post
    For some strange reason the ganking stops as soon as you hit 90
    I see an ally doing North barrens dailies and i gank them til they leave or call for help.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except that if that person is killing you the second you revive over and over and over then you are in fact wasting time because you are not progressing.

Sounds fun!
    I've never been killed repeatedly because I'm not stupid. There are so many ways to avoid a camper and most people who kill me don't even bother with me again because they've either found someone else to prey upon or just got tired of playing and moved onto something else.