Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Ah the item squish debate; where we all bicker about the differences between linear stat progression and exponential stat progression and bang our heads on the table talking about how a 95(?) character squished to linear progressed stats solos content created in an exponential raised stats age. Will Illidian and Arthas be squished with us and if not how does that effect the game; will multitudes of solo-ists flee from this world of smaller digits?
    Who knows? Personally, I would need more information before forming an opinion either way but one thing I'm certain of; little Johnny isn't going to log into 6.0 and have his 90 sitting at 25k health doing 6k DPS. That's a surefire sub loss for WoW if I've ever seen one.
    So you mean the people that should never have gotten into the game will leave?

Well, good.

Deleted
    I just don't see a point in wasting resources in doing a squish when it'll be the exact same if it's scaled down, do 2% to boss either way.
    So what if the stats are inflated human nature is attracted to larger numbers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulkhan View Post
    So you mean the people that should never have gotten into the game will leave?

Well, good.
    Who appointed you the police of who should play the game and who shouldn't? Noone? Okay, I'll just toss your opinion of them out the window then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Also the monsters of level 1?
    Like the wolfs will have like 10 HP instead and everyone at level 1 will damage 1 and crit 2? =P
    Wrong. The concept idea GC presented during (day after) last Blizzcon was that lower gear would be barely afected. The squish only starts with around itlvl 55, BC/wrath gear boost goes away. I believe they predicted that the first gear itlvl for MoP (before squish got scraped) was around itlvl 150.

I really don't know if i like it or not, its a fact that numbers are starting to become huge and something needs to be donne.

But it isn't this that will bring me back to the game. If they manage to not screw old instance soloing then i think i will be neutral.
    Last edited by Tuor; 2013-07-30 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Actually that link is from the front page. If you press "the translation" it brings you in that thread.
    lol, I realize that now - I just got confused cause the bullet point says "(will?)"

OT: I don't think it will necessarily be a bad thing for an item squish - though I don't mind big numbers - I'm more of a fan of MEGA DAMAGE

10+ Year Old Account
    Where are ALL of the braindead morons who were calling me (and all of the others who were supporting it) stupid when I said this was going to happen?

oh that's right, not really on that high of a horse now hm? suck on that.

What happened to ''blizzard will never do it because it's dumb because we won't feel as powerful durp durp (even though the same people claim that high numbers aren't a problem because ''it's just numbers'', but somehow they have a problem with the numbers being low again).

That's what you get for being a fucking moron who can't see beyond your own nose.
    Slow down there, it's not in the game. This fight isn't over yet.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2013-07-30 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Who appointed you the police of who should play the game and who shouldn't? Noone? Okay, I'll just toss your opinion of them out the window then.
    Oh sensitive queen please, don't get your jimmies all rustled like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jediguy View Post
    It's about time. I'm not sure exactly how they'll do it, but it could be as simple as cutting all numeric values by 90%. It'll still take as many whacks to kill things, but the numbers will be easier to manage.
    This, likely with slower scaling involved from 1-90 so the lower levels (say, 1-60 where item level climbing is still fairly manageable in Azeroth) don't feel too vastly underpowered. The big thing for the item level squish to address is the ilvl jumps in BC, Wrath endgame, Cata, and MoP (BC, Cata, and MoP of which were designed with total gear resets in mind, while Wrath was balanced to let raiders use their gear for a while until upgrades popped up; world-first guilds were clearing Naxx in Sunwell gear, for those playing along at home).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Should be interesting to see the backlash indeed. It appears like there are strong supporters for both models. But I trust Blizzard to come up with a unique solution so in the end everyone can hate them

Hah. Well, I don't see how hard it is to grasp that decreasing player power is damaging to WoW because it's ten times the change the RealID change or Have Group, Will Travel change is/could have been.

All across the board squish v.s. decreasing player power squish:

All across the board:

Barely takes any time.
    fixes the so-called problem that required the squish in the first place.
    Only numbers change.

Player power decrease:

Takes a lot of time that could be spent on new and more exciting features
    Gives some nostalgic players a semblance of old content seeming pseudo-relevant again by making the characters weaker than before
    Could potentially kill off the soloing community, farming transmogrification gear.
    Could make the leveling grind a lot worse than it is. People already hate leveling as it is and take any chance to speed it up.

Deleted
    Oh sensitive queen please, don't get your jimmies all rustled like that.
    Hmm, I'm not crowing on about victory in an issue about something not yet implemented on the game on the basis of a translated interview and then using that to form judgements on a percentage of the playerbase. Seems it's less me with rustled jimmies and you with no actual clue what you are havering on about that is the issue. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt; what exactly is the "item squish", how and when is it going to be implemented and how will it effect the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    With the next expansion, with a squish, chances are that while it MAY be slightly more difficult to solo previous tiers (Vanilla-MoP content) at lvl 90, at 95, one should have no problem with soloing up to Cata content. MoP top content MAY be more difficult to solo compared to soloing Cata content at level 90.

However, with that being said, one must remember the lesson of the Scorpashi Venomlash. This was a NPC that, after the Cata revamp of all the zones, had an extra digit in the amount of HP, making it have anywhere from 10k-13k health rather then 1k-1.3k health (Which was the norm for a level 33 quest mob). It was hotfixed later, but it took well over a number of months, ~6. Remember that this was a simple overlooked quest mob that had a measly collect x item quest associated with it.

If blizzard only squishes content at max level (Forgetting, say, MoP raids, or a single boss aka Horridon in throne), it would become impossible to even DO the content- It would be akin to lvl 80s attempting to down Horridon, if they squished ilvls but didnt squish the boss.

So the main thing to be worried about is them forgetting/overlooking squishing certain mobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Where are ALL of the braindead morons who were calling me (and all of the others who were supporting it) stupid when I said this was going to happen?

oh that's right, not really on that high of a horse now hm? suck on that.

What happened to ''blizzard will never do it because it's dumb because we won't feel as powerful durp durp (even though the same people claim that high numbers aren't a problem because ''it's just numbers'', but somehow they have a problem with the numbers being low again).

That's what you get for being a fucking moron who can't see beyond your own nose.
    you should really grow up. besides, other people having the opinion that they won't and you having the opinion that they would doesn't mean anything except they're both opinions and you happened to be right, unless they change it. which judging by the numbers it was pretty likely at this point anyway now that we've reached 1k stats on items. sorry you took what other people said to you so personally, though. you sure showed them!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensword View Post
    I do not know why the obsession with item squish, it is still only a percentage game. Does it really matter if a boss has 1,000,000 health and you hit it for 100,000 or a boss has 1,000 health and you hit it for 100, you are still hitting it for 10% whatever health model you are playing on.
    I just think it's insane if we damage for millions, looks a little strange.
    I like it more if everything is a little near eachother. the monsters of TBC till MoP are way to far apart from eachother =/
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I was in support for the item squish for MoP, and I haven't changed my stance. I think I shouldn't be able to kill 40 man bosses in 1 gcd. My hope is they make older content harder to solo, while keeping newer content the same, meaning soloing 40 Ragna and HC LK should come a lot closer in difficulty than it is now.

Definitely looking forward to this now, as I did when it was initially brought up. Big, big numbers don't excite me. They just clutter my screen when spells are going off here and there, and I was looking over the item level differences between Wrath and Mists, and just sat there like "wut", lol.

Anyway, on the topic of affecting our ability to solo, I imagine it's more of a personal thing for people? Personally, I don't mind. It's not that hard to find a friend(s) or make a friend(s) interested in attempting specific content. But I think they're fixing the numbers all across the board, player and NPC. And yes, I used the word fixed, because as of now to me it's broken.

Deleted
    I've got a feeling they'll scale things down in a half-assed way. They'll mess it up somehow..

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    How will this work with old content btw?
    Will they Squish that too, or will we have to group up again for those, i don't mind either options.
    If you think they won't squish old content then you're lying.

If they really want to do it, theyve hopefully been working on how to do it since 2011.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Like other posters have said, there will be backlash to a player logging in seeing his player -X hp and -Y dmg just over night. Will things do the same percent damage to you? Yes they have pretty much already said that but players don't like being nerfed visually.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

I suppose this is good news for people that can't process large numbers but I couldn't care much less if they squished numbers or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I dont particularly care about whether or not the squish happens. But ide say the fights over before it began.

Blizzard proved with the cashgrab shop that they dont give the tiniest shit about players opinions.
    I concede that point. It's just a matter of time now, they're determined to shove the squish down our throats whether we like it or not. My question is, why not before mop, they could have saved me a lot of money and time. I feel like wow died today.