Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    What if they'd spent the effort they put into the helms on updating/refining your next tier set instead? I think that's the central part of the issue at least for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathOfRa View Post
    Why do people think that they made them on the spot? They're more than likely past projects that got abandoned, like the recolor of the Death Knight's quest greatsword that never made it into Ulduar.
    People seem to have the idea that there are 3 people who work at Blizzard so if they are working on 1 thing they can't be working on another thing. There could be a group of developers and artists that work purely on cosmetic and silly items, their work having no impact on the teams working on tier items or raid creation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrigan View Post
    There you go
    Do you whine and complain when you cant watch new movies on demand for free on your digital television, because clearly you deserve them.
    After all, you're already paying the monthly fee for the digital TV.

No?

Then shut the fuck up and stop acting like an entitled cunt
    Paying a sub fee gives you NO claim to ANYTHING else but server access and customer support.
    Last edited by mmoc878ebd00c0; 2013-07-30 at 03:00 PM.

Deleted
    How can you even compare cosmetic glyphs and transmogable helms?

How are subscribers getting cheated when everyone's a subscriber? Do they not add lots of new armour every patch? Are the ones on the Store really that amazing that nothing else comes close?

Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    What you want is a movie, not a game...
    if I could make my own characters and have them act the way I want in a cool movie for 15 bucks a month, I doubt I'd be playing games lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

What glyhphs are we talking about here ?

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    probably ghost raptors, rain of frogs, serpent ward, weapon master, shrink your water elemental, enlarge your water elemental, unbound water elemental, headhunter, et cetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    I think it's the ones from a post a few days ago. You have to scroll down to Spell Changes, Professions
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...TR-Build-17227

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont feel cheated but glad you do feel cheated

Poor Blanchy, why does he keep getting kicked? WHY?????

WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE DEAD HORSES?!?!?

That said, vote with your wallet. It's the feedback Blizzard will respond to best.

Deleted
    Ì am a subscriber and i got 2 helmets. I regred the discision of buying them caus it's alot of money but at that point i was like meh nice helmet can look great on my char. But in the end i regred every disiscion xD but what ever

I am not pissed off that they sold it on the store, everything that is in the store is losing value FAST!! All the mounts in the store are AWESOME! But caus they are store mounts nobody or nearly nobody rides on them. Caus what is the point of having an awesome celestial steed when everybody has it ? Yes i did like the celestial steed , if it dropped from Algalon it would be one of those most seeked mounts ever! If the helmets dropped from LK , Ragnaros and Kil Jeaden , the helmets would be increased in value , increases gameplay , increased group play. But what ever blizzard wanted money and they got it.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Poor Blanchy, why does he keep getting kicked? WHY?????

WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE DEAD HORSES?!?!?

That said, vote with your wallet. It's the feedback Blizzard will respond to best.
    old blanchy was a female.

Quote Originally Posted by Superchief View Post
    Looks like Blizzard is adding a bunch of useless minor cosmetic glyphs next patch. Real fair to the subscribers compared to helms on the Blizzard store right? How do you guys feel about this? It's definitely the worse of the two, I'd rather have the helms obtainable in-game and these dumb glyphs on the store. Which took longer to make? The glyphs or the helms?

Obviously our subscription is paying for the next raid and virtual realms, but that's beside the point here. The point is we subscribers are getting the lesser of two cosmetic projects. You know and I know Blizzard will bring this point up to defend themselves for example: Bli$$ard - "well to be fair we gave the players cosmetic glyphs as a way to make up for the helms on the blizzard store, so there will be no more debating this." You know they'll say some crap like that when it gets brought up on the official forums next patch. Do the glyphs reeeeeeealy make up for the helms to you?
    I don't give a shit about either. It's like getting mad at someone for having sugar in their coffee. THEIR coffee.
    The official forums is a big joke anyway - it's for people who doesn't know better and for those who want to troll them.
    Last edited by Chaosturn; 2013-07-30 at 03:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yes, of course they are aware. I am not exactly sure what "content" is charged for? Is a helm "content" And how is that different from a pet or mount that is on sale for ages? How is me spending 70 Euros on a CE for extra goodies (including digital pets that you don't get to have if you only spend 40 Euros) different?
    Depends on where you draw the line. I am completely fine with small physical and digital goodies as bonus for the release of games/expansion packs (reasonably priced of course). I am not fine with out of context, overly priced DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    How would they interpret it then if 1 million people buy the helmet and 100 actually quit over it? I mean..the helmets are in the store. Blizzard is right now collecting data on this.

If Blizzard does indeed add things like glyphs and more cosmetic items...would these threads stop and people who threaten to quit about it acknowledge that obviously the discussion on forums vs action of players have spoken for the shop?
    So you're saying profitable=good? Are we talking about your opinion as a consumer or as the company? I bet you a nickle they would make a hell lot more money if they switch their focus from making patch content to producing more shop stuff.

Are the helms outright superior in appearance to anything else, unanimously voted by the playerbase ?
    No, then nobody is being "cheated cosmetically".
    People have different opinions as to what they do or do not like in helms.
    Nobody was cheated with pets or mounts, nobody is with those either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venyria View Post
    I wouldn't mind the cosmetic items being in the shop at all if they were at least obtainable IN-GAME somehow, even if it took some ungodly amount of time.

Cash shop exclusivity leaves me with a sadness.
    Problem with this is the balance between "I worked damn hard to get this in game, and you got it for cash and no effort" and "I paid how much for this when it would have taken 10 mins in game?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    was wondering what the cosmetic slot in the auction house was for. i guess this is it. sounds interesting.
    Isn't it for stuff like the DMF transmog pieces?

They're not cheating anyone. They offer plenty of cosmetic variety. Minor glyphs have always been more for fun/cosmetic purposes.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    If offering shitty helms like the ones on the store is a way to keep this game profitable longer, then I'm all for it. I don't have the money to buy extra stuff, but enough people do that Blizzard can make more money. The more money Blizzard makes, the longer the game lasts. Cause with subs falling, I'm real worried that we won't get the last two expansions to wrap up the story. Now that they finally know how to tell a decent story in-game, I'd hate to see it die before the ending.

TL;DR: everything is working as intended