Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    There is a dirty toe on there heel, ewwwwwwwwwww
    But narr, I went male troll when I first came over to horde, I hated it, went fem last week, and I really think it's the best model if you want your gear not to clip and not look bad.
    Sig by Safhira

Divine Insight
    Divine Insight has a low 5% proc rate, but whenever multi-dotting Pain is a possibility it can provide very beneficial results by increasing our Shadow Orb regeneration and thus Devouring Plague uptime. However, because multi-dot fights also often involve many low health adds in execute range - often time Twist of Fate may prove a stronger option in the same niche. It is important to recognize when a fight is better suited toward Divine Insight or Twist of Fate.
    You're leaving out the fact this talent provides a significant amount of dps gain once you're chasing the higher haste breakpoints, even on single target fights, particularly once acquiring the LMG.

Putting it side by side with Twist of Fate on even a Horridon or Tortos style fight, where there's constant adds, when used correctly, will parse ahead of ToF, with the amount of added 3 orb DPs and MF:I's (again providing LMG is acquired)
    Last edited by Jeevs; 2013-07-24 at 01:59 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I never understand why people don't like trolls because of their feet. Female Trolls are awesome, I miss being one.
    It's not so much the feet exactly, though I would like to wear some slippers... it's more the bizarre waddle they do - that makes them unplayable to me. Originally when I started WoW I thought I was going to be a troll shadowpriest, and then when I actually started making toons I pretty quickly ended up at Fem Nelf melee class - because they have the prettiest animations. It's important to have good running animations when you spend all your time watching your toon run!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    It's not so much the feet exactly, though I would like to wear some slippers... it's more the bizarre waddle they do - that makes them unplayable to me. Originally when I started WoW I thought I was going to be a troll shadowpriest, and then when I actually started making toons I pretty quickly ended up at Fem Nelf melee class - because they have the prettiest animations. It's important to have good running animations when you spend all your time watching your toon run!
    I used to scoff at this notion but now I spend 99% of the time I spend on my female Blood Elf Warlock spin-jumping with T6 demon wings. It's literally the most addictive thing ever. And I'm a dude.

though my main SPriest is fem troll4lyfe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    If you are using Divine Insight it is a single target DPS gain to run Shadow Word: Pain on useless targets just for the occasional MB procs - because Devouring Plague is worth it
    So like on Meg, you wouldn't waste time casting VP on the other head, just SW: Pain?

Also, what are some good addons to better track lei shen's trinket?
    Last edited by ramennoodleking; 2013-07-27 at 11:07 PM.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    So like on Meg, you wouldn't waste time casting VP on the other head, just SW: Pain?

Exactly, VT on extra Meg heads (if you aren't using FDCL, which procs off VT but not Pain) is just meter padding, but Pain is a single target DPS gain - just because of the extra Orb generation via MB procs

I think almost all of us use Weak Auras for tracking Lei Shen procs, I highly recommend it

I use WA. Just made the icon slightly bigger than the ones that track my dots and procs.
    Here's the string for it.
    You can check how it looks on my UI here, may help you out a bit.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Deleted
    Hello!

I'm ilvl 494; should I reforge haste > mastery > crit or prioritze crit over mastery? I'm at 13.59% haste (or 5776 if I understand my own armory link correctly), 32.41% mastery and 16% crit.

I'm not sure if my DPS is very good either; during a boss in a heroic dungeon (as to include a few buffs, rather than training dummy), I can maybe burst up to around 100k and then fall back at about 50-70k consistent damage.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Touchy View Post
    if I understand my own armory link correctly
    You may wanna provide that link. Then we'll be able to help

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    You may wanna provide that link. Then we'll be able to help
    Sorry, here it is:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldwilly/simple

Ye, just as I thought. First and foremost, your gear is terribly itemized. Hardly any of your items have haste. What you should do is change your gemming to pure haste, to reach the 8085 haste cap, going the length of even dropping socket bonuses in order to do so. Actually hardly any of the socket bonuses on your gear are worth aiming for, as they're all spirit/hit/mastery, which you obviously do not lack, as you're sitting at 16% hit.
    Once you've done that, your stat prio should be haste>crit>mastery, and you should start working on your rotation. Give it a day or two (or seven) of semi-intense practice, and if everything's done properly, your DPS should really go up by a lot.

Deleted
    Ye, just as I thought. First and foremost, your gear is terribly itemized. Hardly any of your items have haste. What you should do is change your gemming to pure haste, to reach the 8085 haste cap, going the length of even dropping socket bonuses in order to do so. Actually hardly any of the socket bonuses on your gear are worth aiming for, as they're all spirit/hit/mastery, which you obviously do not lack, as you're sitting at 16% hit.
    Once you've done that, your stat prio should be haste>crit>mastery, and you should start working on your rotation. Give it a day or two (or seven) of semi-intense practice, and if everything's done properly, your DPS should really go up by a lot.

Thank you for your help!

I've reached the haste cap; should I reforge so I'm as close to the haste cap as possible, or should I just continue to pile up haste?

Thank you for your help!

I've reached the haste cap; should I reforge so I'm as close to the haste cap as possible, or should I just continue to pile up haste?
    Can't say with certainty, really. If it was still 5.1, where FDCL was the "go to" talent, you'd be stacking crit after reaching the cap, but now that SW:I is more and more of a viable choice, you may just wanna stick with haste. The difference in value between haste and crit after reaching 8085 is very minor whatsoever, and shouldn't make big of an impact on your DPS.

Deleted
    Can't say with certainty, really. If it was still 5.1, where FDCL was the "go to" talent, you'd be stacking crit after reaching the cap, but now that SW:I is more and more of a viable choice, you may just wanna stick with haste. The difference in value between haste and crit after reaching 8085 is very minor whatsoever, and shouldn't make big of an impact on your DPS.

Thank you!

I have another question though, regarding my opener. I'm using the following macro:

/castsequence reset=10 halo, vampiric touch, mind blast, power infusion, shadow word: pain, vampiric touch, shadowfiend, mind flay
    I thought that using vampiric touch might be a good way to start since one of my trinkets procs off of periodic damage; but that might not be the case? How does the optimal opener look for a shadow priest, or specifically, for me?

Thanks again for your help.

How does the optimal opener look for a shadow priest, or specifically, for me?
    Don't use any macros.
    My opener is Pre-pot/Engi Gloves/PI (if specced), pre-cast MB when there's 1s remaining on the pull, Halo, SW: P, VT, (by this point trinkets procced) SFiend (if UVLS procced recast dots), Mind Flay. Opening with Halo is tricky if you're not used to it, and doesn't make much of a difference anyways, as there's hardly any bosses in ToT, except HC Durumu, where efficient use of Halo will have an impact on your DPS.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2013-07-28 at 04:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never used weak auras before :/ I tried just copy and pasting the whole amount of jibberish from the link you gave me onto Weakauras > New > Import and and nothing happened

Never mind...it miraculously worked after trying it a fourth time. lol

In your UI next to the UEVL weakauras icon you have some small icons with cooldown timers...would love that string too
    Last edited by ramennoodleking; 2013-07-28 at 09:32 PM.

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Never used weak auras before :/ I tried just copy and pasting the whole amount of jibberish from the link you gave me onto Weakauras > New > Import and and nothing happened

Never mind...it miraculously worked after trying it a fourth time. lol

In your UI next to the UEVL weakauras icon you have some small icons with cooldown timers...would love that string too

1 is dot trackers for both SP and Warlock / MB CD / SW: D CD, sorted descending by remaining duration => Here;
    2 is trinket procs (contains most MoP trinkets) / Int Pot / BL / LMG, sorted descending by remaining duration => Here;
    3 is AffDots Priest => Curse DL link.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2013-07-28 at 11:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, works like a charm

Question though: Is UEVL not as good as Chan Ye and Hydra? Those two are on the BiS list, but it seems many are using UEVL.

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Question though: Is UEVL not as good as Chan Ye and Hydra? Those two are on the BiS list, but it seems many are using UEVL.
    UVLS is BiS over Cha'Ye's by a mile.

15+ Year Old Account

*hides*

Dunno what that was doing there. Yes, Cha'ye's is pretty much terrible for us. UEVL is BIS.