View Poll Results: What level to start at?

Voters
161. This poll is closed

29 18.01%

22 13.66%

24 14.91%

54 33.54%

23 14.29%

9 5.59%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I think it should start 25 levels lower than the current level cap, just like DKs did in Wrath. So, I would've voted for 70 if it were a choice. Went for 75 since it wasn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Check again. Typos happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    Not in my world they don'r.

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    I think it should start 25 levels lower than the current level cap, just like DKs did in Wrath. So, I would've voted for 70 if it were a choice. Went for 75 since it wasn't.
    The problem with 70 is that you end up dumping the toon halfway through Northrend once outside of the starting zone. In retrospect, I should've included 80 since that wouldn't have been an issue.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Agreed. Like I said, I understood why they had to do it for Death Knights to be a class. The problem is that DK players believed that they should be inherently more powerful than other classes because they were playing a "hero class". Once DKs were balanced, their population numbers started to tank.
    I think Blizzard found the right idea. Make a hero class "overpowered" early on, but balanced by the time you reach level cap. I haven't played a new DK in years, but the last time I did, even after they were balanced in end game, they definitely felt much more powerful at 60 then other classes. It gave it a nice "hero class" kick but in a way that was pretty inconsequential overall.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I honestly feel that the hero class concept was one of the worst ideas Blizzard ever came up with. I understand why they did it, but man was it terrible.
    How?

/10 char
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    The problem with 70 is that you end up dumping the toon halfway through Northrend once outside of the starting zone. In retrospect, I should've included 80 since that wouldn't have been an issue.
    Good call. I just read a previous poster's reasoning for starting at 75, then plopping right into Cata zones, which does seem better.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Check again. Typos happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    Not in my world they don'r.

if it is demon hunter, probably 55 like the deathknight, starting area should be defirent depending on race. Nightelfs should start in a phased fellwood, humans in blasted lands, bloodelf Quel'danas (could be great imo, but probably a bad idea, since.. well, dunno for most of the other races.)

but demon hunters should probably play through outland although i would like an higher start level aswell to not have to go though all the pain of outland/northrend/cata content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I think Demon Hunters should start at 55, just like Death Knights. They can start on a large floating island off the cost of Outland. Level to 58 and then get sent to Hellfire. in-fact that Warlock island that was datamind months ago could be used for such a thing. Blizzard revives Illidan, he goes to the island to recover and then starts training a new age of Demon Hunters. They could use old Lore and say this island is Deathwing's Lair on Draenor. The one form the second war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    I could also come up with 1 expansion early.

DK = 58 going into Outlands
    Next Hero class = 85 going into Pandaria

So I would say level 83..
    I fixed that for you .
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2013-07-30 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    DK started out blatantly overpowered, and Blizz admitted it was intentional.
    I can't find where they admitted that, only the opposite:

"We didn't make DKs intentionally OP. While we want people to purchase Wrath of the Lich King, there are lot of logical flaws with making one class purposely overpowered (such as angering all the players who play the other nine classes)."

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniri View Post
    I can't find where they admitted that, only the opposite:

"We didn't make DKs intentionally OP. While we want people to purchase Wrath of the Lich King, there are lot of logical flaws with making one class purposely overpowered (such as angering all the players who play the other nine classes)."
    They said when talking about the Monk not being a hero class that they left the DK a bit on the strong side because they felt it added interest and more of a heroic feel to the class.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I would've gone for either 70 or 80 myself, half way through a continent is just messy. 80 seems a bit high but...I don't want to level another thing through Northrend. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Prancing Minstrel View Post
    I would've gone for either 70 or 80 myself, half way through a continent is just messy. 80 seems a bit high but...I don't want to level another thing through Northrend. Ever.
    Well, I was basing it on a 5-level intro zone. So if you start at 70, you leave the zone at 75 and go to ... um, Grizzly Hills? Sholazar Basin?
    With 80, though, you are done at 85 and go straight to Pandaria, which is why I should've included 80 in the poll, and may redo the poll with better explanation tomorrow.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Title: "If New Hero Class in Nexpac"

Poll: level 1

/facewall

Its called HERO class because it didnt start at level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Its called HERO class because it didnt start at level 1
    I hear Blizzard can do whatever they want with their game.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hear Blizzard can do whatever they want with their game.
    Blizz even said the reason Monk isn't a hero class is because it starts at level 1.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

If they do it again I hope it's 75 and leaves it's starting zone at 78. I hate Northrend so much.

Not any of those levels make any sense.

DK's came with Northrend which was 68-80.

The one before that was Outland which was 58-70.

DK's started at 55 and leveled 3 lvls to 58 and then entered Outland.

Assuming there will be a Hero Class in the next Exp and assuming the next Exp is 90-95, then it should be something like this...

Hero Class comes with an Exp that is 90-95.

The one before that is Pandaria which is 85-90.

The Hero Class should then start at 82. Anything more than one continent is way too much and anything less is making it hard to learn your class.

Starting at 65? That's fucking absurd IMO.