Poll: Do you like underwater levels.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    3D spacial reasoning is super hard and stuff
    The fact is that some of us do have a hard time with 3D environments.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamez View Post
    The only reason why some people don't like fighting etc in underwater levels/environments is because they are clickers that will fail miserably.

Its time to use those monthly millions blizzard! get something done for crying out loud. 15$ times 5 mill every 2 months and we're still getting patches annoyingly slow.
    Not a clicker, hated Vashj'ir. Quit being stupid, sweeping generalizations are bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I might be the rare one but i loved vash.
    Aye mate

because of OoT water temple?

Lol, well that's a balanced response. 165 yes 166 no. I don't like not being able to use aimed AoE because there's no ground.

Deleted
    Absolutely loved it and I think the freshness it brings is great. However lvling as a frost mage in that area was a pain in the @$$ since casting pet nova was... well rather difficult

Deleted
    im impressed by how 50-50 the pole on the waterzones are.
    when i voted myself, it was 1 vote in favor. later it was 1 vote agianst and now i check it a 3rd time its perfectly even.

Yes I like 3D underwater levels such as Vash'jir, but no, I dislike how Blizzard implemented it.

If they could do it again but... better, I'd actually love to give it another try.

PS: 2D underwater levels/3D with bad swimming controls can go fuck themselves (I'M LOOKIN' AT YOU, DIRE, DIRE DOCKS!)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Vash was simply the victim of too much of a transition from the more typical combat and leveling situation that most players had been conditioned to for 2 expansion and vanilla before it. People just couldnt readily adapt to it. As well they didnt expand on the underwater zone raid wise as was once considered so it was another blow to the zone(as assumed there would've been more activity in the zone possible due to it for a time). A shame though overall. There could have been so much more done and players could've been steered into adapting better.

Only nice thing from its unpopular situation was that it made farming certain mobs(like the seahorse mount) that much easier with much less competition.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Not a clicker, hated Vashj'ir. Quit being stupid, sweeping generalizations are bad.
    He never said only clickers disliked it, but picture yourself being a clicker and having to level through an entire water zone. He can love the zone as much as he liked, if he is a clicker he will have more or faster issues then a keybinder. That's not an opinion, that is a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Yes I like 3D underwater levels such as Vash'jir, but no, I dislike how Blizzard implemented it.

If they could do it again but... better, I'd actually love to give it another try.

PS: 2D underwater levels/3D with bad swimming controls can go fuck themselves (I'M LOOKIN' AT YOU, DIRE, DIRE DOCKS!)
    This one is a good example of someone who doesn't know what he doesn't like about it. The controls are the same as on land, just as the camera is the same, just as it's the same as controlling a flying mount.

If the true issue would be controls then we would have had complaints about flying mounts. People are just stupid and don't know what they like/dislike.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2013-07-31 at 12:58 AM.

I loved Vash too, really a beautiful zone and I didn't have too many problems targeting, killing, or moving around. I mean sometimes it can be tricky figuring out how close you have to be to something, but they did a really great job of making something I used to hate in WoW(doing anything underwater) into something fun.

I liked Vashj'ir except when balance druids would attack me by spamming moonfire and then shifting into aquatic form to escape at 400% speed.

As a Melee, the zone really wasn't enjoyable at all, and I'd rather not see the idea revisited. Parts of it were neat and it was okay as a one time thing, but I'd rather not see more of that type of thing. Slowly swimming toward enemies that you have to be directly on top of to attack....yeah, no thanks.

Deleted
    I thought it was fantastic! The story line was great, the scenery even better, and the 3D feel was totally unique! That being said, I don't think there is any need for another one. But if they can come up with something else as original as that zone then I will joyfully play through it

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    A 2d screen is a terrible way to covey a 3d environment. That naga that looks in arms reach in front of me is actually well out of agro range and behind me. I have to spin my camera wildly to find the guy harpooning me. Plus the mini map has crude, at best, indicators of up/down.

It's just a very frustrating experience.

The zone, itself, was gorgeous.
    Uh yeah pretty much what this guy said. Playing a melee dps in any 3D fight is a giant kick in the testicles, gauging distance is considerably more difficult, and the awkward floating up and down movement is slow and frustrating compared to standard grounded fights. All said and done I wouldn't mind limited underwater environments as long as major content like raids were not designed around them.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really like Vashjir. I just think once was enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuna View Post
    Uh yeah pretty much what this guy said. Playing a melee dps in any 3D fight is a giant kick in the testicles, gauging distance is considerably more difficult, and the awkward floating up and down movement is slow and frustrating compared to standard grounded fights. All said and done I wouldn't mind limited underwater environments as long as major content like raids were not designed around them.
    Reroll, you guys suck at melee if this gave you any issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didnt have a problem with vashj'ir but the game is not designed to be played in 3d environment. Questing isnt hard itself and you dont have to move a lot during combat thats why vashj'ir worked (lot of people still hated it). But end game (raid/pvp) in 3d environment simply wouldnt work.

Id be ok with a underwater questing zone/hub if done well but no max level stuff.

Honestly, people hate underwater levels for 3 main reasons that I'm aware of (almost universal reasons imo):
    1. restricted movement, you're almost always slower in the water. something like 50% of normal speed roughly.
    2. Time limit. Face it, none of us like time limits when they can be avoided whether it's breath or fatigue or any other sort of timer
    3. Restricted abilities. As with restricted movement, almost all underwater environments keep you from properly using your favored weapons/skill.

In the case of Vashj'ir, no breath timer, increased swim speed and the ability to run on the seafloor eliminates those first two items in the list (the effect gained on the third quest in the first region). The only real downsides are the fact that mobs are moving all around you and the uselessness of ground targeted moves.

I just wish that vashj'ir's bonus effects were usable outside the region. Like the mount grants an unending breath or something and some item that granted sea legs anywhere (honestly it wouldn't matter if it was a permanent effect or not with how the open world is treated but that's just my opinion)

edit: as for combat in a 3d environment. 2 quests that I'm aware of really called into question 'fighting' in 3d in a real sense. The frost wyrm quest in the DK starting zone where you can dodge the incoming balista, and maybe the ogrila bombing daily.... maybe malygos after he shattered the floor would also count but it was always everyone in my raids stacking on the 3-4 people that actually knew what was going on in that fight instead of actually explaining what was going on. (yes that guild failed it's way through wrath and spent almost a year in ICC)
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2013-07-31 at 01:29 AM.

I loved Vash. It looked great and had a cool story (even for someone like me who tends not to notice that sort of thing).

I do avoid the underwater sections of Dread Wastes when possible, for being dull and annoying -- but I'll hear nothing against Vashj'ir.