Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the idea of a stat squish..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    One might almost find it worrying that there are people in the world, and this game, that are losing sleep over the fact that their numbers 'are too high'. Unfortunately, it seems the vocal minority is winning favour with Ghostcrawler on this matter again. I can't wait to hit for 10k at best again! How satisfying...
    But the exact same can be said about the people that are against the item squish.
    Both the people that want the item squish, and the ones that are against it, could be considered the vocal minority.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

15+ Year Old Account
    "We're not nerfing it because it was fun, we're nerfing it because it was breaking the game."

The thing that is breaking this game is piss poor development that is allowing this to happen.

rofl its funy to see that some ppl think the item squish is goin to buff old boses :P stupidity know no bounds whot do you think they ar goin to give as gear from tbc or whot ?? ehh

10+ Year Old Account
    Humorous. Jay Wilson comments that the Diablo 1 Lead Designer ought to fuck off, for giving fair criticism and now that he's shown to be not too skilled, Blizzard has come back to the masters for real game design help. Maybe the Vivendi drop DID help the company!

As for breaking the game, I doubt it. Game plays just fine IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruize View Post
    I think I'd like to start seeing some more cosmetic options/quest lines for each class similar to the green fire quest for warlocks. With the introduction of dark shamen, and the existing factions of druids, there are already some interesting options. With the addition of some quests and encounters, we could see some existing lore utilized in new ways. Druid of the Fang, Claw, Talon, etc. It could just cosmetically alter their shapeshift forms which is something druids had been wanting for a very long time.
    Of course that would instantly and furiously activate the people foaming about all the development and design time spent on a "fraction of the players" just so their cats look different, instead of (fixing bugs|adding new content|doing that thing)

I hope they do the Item Squish I want to start feeling powerful again... right now I just feel stupid over powered... not powerful yes there's a difference... Currently you have tanks running around with nearly 900k health and warlocks close behind... back in BC and Vanilla tanks was barely reaching 10k while most dps was sitting happily at 5-6k but now it's just to stupid...

15+ Year Old Account
    When playing shadow yday I actually thought how ridiculous the pull has become with all your trinkets proccing etc, good change but I fear not enough, would rather have it reset to 60sec instead of 90.

Quote Originally Posted by dotSeed View Post
    Why are so many people unable to grasp what the ilvl squish is meant to do? These people seem to think the system is just going to reset them back to level 60 DPS then throw them at current day level 90+ mobs. Why is common sense so lacking?
    As I see it, Blizzard is the one lacking common sense.

Because quite frankly, I don't think anyone thinks Blizzard knows what the hell they are talking about, or if they even have a cohesive plan (if they ever actually did). I don't see a real way forward with all these GC comments, all I see is pie-in-the-sky hugs and kisses.

Deleted
    Big numbers, small numbers. Who cares if strawberries are popping out of the boss. Getting the kill is what matters and the skill required to do so. Who cares about numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    The developers still make the statement that it isnt their goal to fully support soloing.
    Bullshit. Provide source.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    One might almost find it worrying that there are people in the world, and this game, that are losing sleep over the fact that their numbers 'are too high'. Unfortunately, it seems the vocal minority is winning favour with Ghostcrawler on this matter again. I can't wait to hit for 10k at best again! How satisfying...
    Exactly this. The whiny vocal minority wanted heroics to be hard and we had catacalysm mess. Now we have the whiny vocal minority wanting a squish. If they have the balls to go through with this there is going to be an insane backlash from the majority of players, the ones who don't go to the forums, when they log in that day and see how insanely nerfed they are it's going to be hilarious watching servers become ghost towns. I'm actually looking forward to the carnage.

Deleted
    I'm not a GC hater and quite like reading his posts most of the time, but one of his more annoying habits is his self-adjudgment of what other people find fun. I personally wouldn't enjoy rolling around like a pig in human filth but I wouldn't say to someone that does that he isn't having fun. I just wish GC would stick to justifying changes with things like "it was better for the game" or "it was affecting X mechanic negatively" instead of telling people who are having fun doing something that they aren't having fun. You don't have to tell us someone one-shotting the current tier HC boss would be disastrous for the game, but I know for a fact I would have fun being the one doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    I just wish GC would stick to justifying changes with things like "it was better for the game" or "it was affecting X mechanic negatively" instead of telling people who are having fun doing something that they aren't having fun.
    Something like this?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    I do want to say, this is distinctly a nerf to fun. It WAS A LOT of fun to open up full force pot, cloak, enchant, 2xtrinkets, meta, stormlash, + elemental + lava burst. I was hitting 75,000 spellpower
    I feel like the "nerf to fun" argument gets overstated quite a bit. We're not nerfing it because it was fun, we're nerfing it because it was breaking the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazefiend View Post
    I actually hate how stupid people are being about the item squish. We need this shit to happen already because numbers are getting dumb.
    I kinda like seeing myself doing 1 million dps on council pulls.

10+ Year Old Account
    "We discovered that over the weekend a progression raid group accessed the Siege of Orgrimmar raid and spent hours on a Heroic boss in the middle of the night, after copying fresh characters with generic names, presumably with the hope of going unnoticed. Those actions go against the intent of the PTR, the spirit of fair play, and were clearly intended to go against our wishes for specific boss testing periods. PTR testing is a privilege, and we reserve the right to revoke PTR access from those who have shown an intent to abuse it."

Anyone have any guess who it might of been or how they did it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Big numbers, small numbers. Who cares if strawberries are popping out of the boss. Getting the kill is what matters and the skill required to do so. Who cares about numbers.
    warcraft is just one big set of complex calculations involving numbers. You saying that is tantamount to saying who gives a shit about DNA in biology or physics in flying aircraft.

having 5 digits worth of stats on gear is ludicrous. things may be fine now but by the next expansion we'll really be hitting ridiculous numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post

Exactly this. The whiny vocal minority wanted heroics to be hard and we had catacalysm mess. Now we have the whiny vocal minority wanting a squish. If they have the balls to go through with this there is going to be an insane backlash from the majority of players, the ones who don't go to the forums, when they log in that day and see how insanely nerfed they are it's going to be hilarious watching servers become ghost towns. I'm actually looking forward to the carnage.
    Actually its the vocal minority thats opposing this. Blizz, bereft of people who want it, have wished to do an item squish because of what they're seeing when designing dps and stats. the feedback from calculations and the appearance of gear.

This isnt a nerf. The Ratio's are the goddamn same. instead of saying we're gonna travel 328,084 feet, we're gonna say we're traveling 100km. instead of 97630 yen, we're saying we have 1000 dollars. Its worth the damn same.

It's gonna be cumbersome as hell comparing blue items with stats that have 5 frikkin digits each. the numbers we throw out will just be meaningless 7 digit long bunches.

It's not a problem in MoP, but if the next expac follows the same jump like the previous expacs, it will reach a point where the numbers are burying us or unintuitive at a glance.

you hit a mob for 1million damage and take out 10% of its health. after the squish you hit a mob for 6000 and take away 10% of its health.

Massive numbers inflation is never a good thing to develop and base judgements on for any sort of system.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2013-07-31 at 02:19 PM.

I understand the idea of an item/stat squish but personally I don't see the need for it. If I crit for 500,000 or 50,000 why would most people find one more confusing than the other? Higher numbers are not more difficult to understand imo. What I do believe though is that seeing my numbers go DOWN because suddenly we have all been squished will feel very meh to a lot of people (myself included). Yes we would still have the same power in relation to mobs/bosses as we have now, and in most cases it probably will not make low level content harder to solo (some exceptions could be as you get to previous expac to current maybe), but it would still FEEL like we are less powerful. That to me would feel very disappointing. If it happens, then after a few months we probably wont feel that way anymore but I still don't want to have my characters go through a phase in their "lives" where they went though a strange world event whereby everyone/thing turned into a weakling.

actually cassidin its gone way past that. its not 500,000. its going to be more like 125850357 over and over in various combinations. saying 125m is a stop gap measure, a band aid.

please people, just THINK about saying you're gonna travel 328,084 feet rather than say 100 km. in general conversation and decisions making, 328,084 feet is much more meaningless to an individual compared to just saying 100km.

it wont feel like we're less powerful at all, how we feel is dependent on our performance and when we HIT a creature, it is still going to get horrifically hurt and crumple in the dust and we will be happy about it. Not because of the numbers flying above its head. but because we hit it and a chunk of its health flew off and it made the pain audio blizz set up for it.

its the difference between driving a noisy as shit motor bike thats making you literally deaf so you dont hear the truck flattening into paste and putting a muffler on that damn thing. same bike, same power between your legs, no sensory overload/numbness.

all this was covered in this article

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...29-of-Pandaria
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2013-07-31 at 02:31 PM.

But can you nerf every player without in anyway effecting soloing low level content? Keep everything the same but the numbers? "If player enters old instance, then buff all their stats."

This is a nutty solution. So we'll be doing 1M DPS next expansion but only when in old raids? Out in the world we'll do less than we are doing now. How fake does this game need to get? 4 difficulties is enough, now stat scaling depending on where you are? They are basically admitting it's too much work to correctly do an item squish, so they'll just throw buffs on players when they are doing old content. Do it correctly or don't do it at all. My vote is not at all, it is too much work and displeases way to many people. Condense the numbers with a UI setting but keep them the same. There's no need for "MEGADAMAGE". Simply format numbers as 100k, 74k, 100M, 10B, etc..

If I wanted stat scaling, i'd be playing GW2.
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2013-07-31 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lb View Post
    Oh boy the Blizzard Art ist great ... i wish i could draw like that ...
    If you don't understand how 3D is done then don't comment on it. The sketches are to be made into 3D and have to be done in flat perspective from all angles then they are used in a 3D program as references from each of the 3 axis'.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2013-07-31 at 02:48 PM.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal