Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Considering brewmaster was a joke character and they based an expansion on it, no I don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    iirc, he started off as a very insignificant character who was used for a rogue pickpocket quest. Since you can't pickpocket friendly npc's, he was tagged as neutral, so priests could mind control him and all kinds of shenanigans could ensue. Any way you really screwed with him would end up with him being dead. So he essentially was just a toy for players. And as such, he became a joke. He eventually got buffed, but people still see him as a joke. He's never had any serious involvement with lore, he's nothing but a water-cooler conversation piece. "hey remember that time we kited/mc'd/got killed by gamon?" Blizzard knows this, but they're morons, so they throw him into SoO and even have Nazgrim mention his "training" in one of his death speeches like people will take it seriously.
    Calling them morons isn't very constructive. Quite frankly you sound very bitter. Take it easy.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Uh... pandas are a joke race and they made a whole expansion about them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edx View Post
    WoW lore is a joke so don't mind.
    Word to that. You've EVER taken any story this series has produced seriously, then the joke is on you.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

This just in, WoW players hate anything fun yet bash Blizzard for the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Gamon is only a joke character because people idiotically went on and on about him until he became a stupid meme. He's just an average Tauren citizen of Orgrimmar who basically got into a lot of fights in a bar, and then shaped up and was trained by Nazgrim.
    Exactly. His character has never been a joke, only the memes.

By that logic, Thrall is a joke character. So's Saurfang. So's Crowley.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    because rambo ...
    Passing resemblance. The whole 'getting the team back together' concept has nothing to do with the Rambo movies, neither does driving a tank through an enemy army.

I have no problem with joke characters being important. All the raiders are joke characters, and we're pretty important. The pandaren were a joke, and now they're the focus of an entire expansion. WoW wouldn't exist if joke characters weren't important. If anything, I wish they embraced it more, rather than crap like this stupid pseudo-philosophical rubbish we have to suffer through with every interaction with a pandaren. Having an entire expansion focused om freaking clowns would be less obnoxious than listening to these stupid creates preaching hypocritical garbage everywhere I go, and I have to sit through it too in scenarios designed to force it down my throat wether I want it or not.

Oh man, the horde and alliance are fighting again. Better go over there and tell them to stop the violence, because if they don't I'll get violent! What stupid children they are. I will punch the ground really hard, and that will make them forget minor trivialities like their long history of multiple mutual attempted genocides. Am I not enlightened?

How can this be enjoyed in any other way than ironically?

What disturbs me is that I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be. It's not over the top enough for that.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

people actually care about this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Calling them morons isn't very constructive. Quite frankly you sound very bitter. Take it easy.
    no u. *end constructive post*
    Look! Words!

Joke character's having important lore events... this sounds really familiar.

OH, right, the entirety of the Mists of Pandaria expansion.

WoW lore mostly consists of pop culture references and memes so I'm not surprised or disappointed. Its to be expected now, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrowshire View Post
    Title asks it all.

Personally, I think it's silly. Sure, moving Hogger to the Stockades was just fine - but having someone like Gamon help down a boss and have true importance in the Siege of Orgrimmar? That's a bit too much for my tastes.
    In a long time ago rogues had a class quest to pick pocket gamon, that was the only purpose of him when blizzard added him to the game for the first time but after a while gamon became a meme beacuase he was killable too and got beaten up by players a lot of times and he turned into a joke character and blizzard tought it was funny to give him a higher role in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Spekzor View Post
    In a long time ago rogues had a class quest to pick pocket gamon, that was the only purpose of him when blizzard added him to the game for the first time but after a while gamon became a meme beacuase he was killable too and got beaten up by players a lot of times and he turned into a joke character and blizzard tought it was funny to give him a higher role in the game.
    He didn't ask for Gamons origins.

Deleted
    Gamon and Hogger are less of a joke than gnomes and male draenei.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    I see your Westfall and I raise you Redridge.
    I see both of your zones with mediocre features to work with for lore and raise you Uldum; the story of how Blizzard wasted Titans, Tol'vir, and the Wind Elementals and Al'akir.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrowshire View Post
    Title asks it all.

Personally, I think it's silly. Sure, moving Hogger to the Stockades was just fine - but having someone like Gamon help down a boss and have true importance in the Siege of Orgrimmar? That's a bit too much for my tastes.
    Fine if done right.

Gamons problem is that he (and the General) means less than nothing to Alliance characters.

EJL

Well, Alliance complained A LOT about all WoW writers being Horde, so they made MoP with Alliance writing team. That's what you got when your side in on charge. Now get back to your shady corner and let the great Metzen do what he does best again, next expansion.

Gamon isn't a joke character though. When he was first introduced he was just for a rogue quest, with no real humor intended, its not blizzards fault that the community decided to catapult him into famedom. If you don't want "joke" characters go tell the WoW community to stop being it self. That way blizzard wont see the NPCs we flock to and try to make them a more involved part of the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I don't mind the odd joke of reference, like if millhouse manastorm pops up and says something silly.. but having half an entire zone dedicated to bad character parodies, like indiana jones and rambo.. thats going to far.
    This pretty much. It also leaves an empty feeling for a zone. Parts of a zone that could have used original lore instead get bogged down by overly obvious joke references.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

i like fun. and to me, this is fun.