Poll: On what grounds would you support Item Level Squish?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    I don't understand why people are afraid of big numbers and think a processor computing them is going to put a strain on their computer at this day and ages level of technology. But hey, I guess we all have our own vices, whether or not they are based on idiotic or trivial matters is up to history.
    simple in Wrath /Tbc my pc was 80% slower then the one i have now and I had from 20 - 50 Fps in the 25 man raid .Now my PC is a monster compered to the one i had that timw wow dont look anything bether and i have 20 fps max on good .Can you explain ? and pleas dont say addons do that coz they dont for 5 yrs i use the same addons or similar bah to be honest i was useing more addons like comix and other funy stuf that time and it was workin bether

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Mathematically, the squish would make level 90 stuff EASIER to solo at level 95. Based on the graph they gave as an example, lets compare relative power between lvl 85 and lvl 80:

Before the squish, lvl 85 caps out at ilvl410 and lvl 80 caps out at ilvl 275. Lvl 85 is 1.5x as powerful as the hardest lvl 80 stuff.
    After the squish, lvl 85 caps out at ilvl175 and lvl 80 caps out at ilvl 100. Lvl 85 is now 1.75x as powerful as the hardest lvl 80 stuff.

Even without the "solo old raids" buff, you are more powerful vs the previous expansion with the squish than without.
    From what I understood, ilvl is not a constant value. Each point of ilvl is more valuable the larger it gets. So going from 400 to 450 is actually a bigger increase in power than going from 100 to 150, even though the first is only a 12.5% increase in ilvl and the second is a 50% increase. Something about stat prices not being linear.

Then again, I don't have any insider knowledge and have go go by what I glean from years of Blue Posts. If you are right any my understanding is wrong/outdated (they changed the stat formulas several times since I first subscribed) then I will be a reasonably happy camper, since I will need to wait a year or two to start farming mounts/pets/transmog gear from the world mobs again post squish, but at least it would be possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    simple in Wrath /Tbc my pc was 80% slower then the one i have now and I had from 20 - 50 Fps in the 25 man raid .Now my PC is a monster compered to the one i had that timw wow dont look anything bether and i have 20 fps max on good .Can you explain ? and pleas dont say addons do that coz they dont for 5 yrs i use the same addons or similar bah to be honest i was useing more addons like comix and other funy stuf that time and it was workin bether
    Most likely the steady graphics updates WoW has gotten over the years. The style is the same but the rendering is vastly superior. I'm pretty sure the computer I first installed wow on would keel over and die trying to render Halfhill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am totally for this. It will make every single point of rating, agility, whatever count. No more useless or wasted stats... it would be [ironically] a great way to re-introduce some complexity into WoW.

doesnt matter to me. people will adjust and be fine with it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diabl0 View Post
    I don't really understand why people feel like they should be able to solo every boss. The Dragons of Nightmare were pretty much impossible to solo, even at level 80, and I don't remember seeing anyone upset or complaining about it. And they were not the only ones. Not to mention the classes that have a hard time soloing raid bosses. So, why is it so bad that some bosses are harder or just not possible to solo?

I should say that I did spend a lot of time farming old raids(MC, BWL, AQ, Karazhan, BT, TK, MH, etc) in Wrath and Cataclysm. I did them solo, dualboxing, with a friend/friends, with guildies, and with people I didn't even know. I also did level 60 raids in TBC. They required a bigger group but were pretty easy to pug.
    I don't really understand why peope feel like they should take away things from other people. The reason nobody complained was because it simply wasn't possible yet, now we've been able to do so for a couple of years after slaying stronger and stronger bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    I am totally for this. It will make every single point of rating, agility, whatever count. No more useless or wasted stats... it would be [ironically] a great way to re-introduce some complexity into WoW.
    How does that work? some stats are still better than others, 10 crit is still way better for my warrior than 10 haste is, just as much as 1000 crit > 1000 haste, some stats will still be useless and points in those stats will still be wasted, nothing much changes except that numbers time-warp back to vanilla/BC level.

I don't understand why people are afraid of big numbers and think a processor computing them is going to put a strain on their computer at this day and ages level of technology. But hey, I guess we all have our own vices, whether or not they are based on idiotic or trivial matters is up to history.
    I'm pretty sure the folks at Blizzard understand how computers work better than some random joe here.

Blizzard is not the only company having computer experts on their payroll..... so some random joes over here might have a good idea about it also without the need to create positive minds towards it.

I am against the squish, period.

Go ask your mom what the result of adding 376482368432 to 2893759327546 and you'll understand. And no, she can't use a calculator... Then call her an idiot.

Big numbers are retarded, when you can simply have small numbers

Im all for it, as long as I can solo my old stuff the way I do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Go ask your mom what the result of adding 376482368432 to 2893759327546 and you'll understand. And no, she can't use a calculator... Then call her an idiot.

376.5 billion.. I don't have problems adding 153233 and 87900, which are what we see in game now instead of those made up numbers.

-edit- which btw is 241133 or ~241k, but I guess we're all smart enough for that. The same was as we would call a crit of 2014 a 2k crit and not "woah, dude, I just crit for 2014"
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2013-08-01 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    I don't really understand why peope feel like they should take away things from other people. The reason nobody complained was because it simply wasn't possible yet, now we've been able to do so for a couple of years after slaying stronger and stronger bosses.
    But you see, you're only worried about you, about now. You're not worried about the future of the game or anything else. Blizzard has more to worry about than each and every person who will be affected by changes.

We've had so many unintended consequences caused by changes which were meant to improve the game, yet they continue to think short term because players keep complaining because of how they will be affected. I think giving players a buff in old raids to compensate for the squish will be a mistake because it will change how players see old content and their difficulty. How long will it take until players demand that they should be solo any old raid with any class they want? And what will Blizzard's excuse be?

About the squish itself, even Ghostcrawler said it would have to happen at some point.
    Last edited by El_Diabl0; 2013-08-01 at 01:06 PM.

But you see, you're only worried about you, about now. You're not worried about the future of the game or anything else. Blizzard has more to worry about than each and every person who will be affected by changes.
    And you care about the system resources?

There is already a thread about item squish mmo frowns upon having two threads for the same content b.t.dubbs

And you care about the system resources?
    I sure know that my wish to have the plagued proto drake in WotLK and being so close to getting it wasn't enough for me to ask for Blizzard not to remove the mount. So, at least I know that I wouldn't put myself and what I think and want before hard choices.

I sure know that my wish to have the plagued proto drake in WotLK and being so close to getting it wasn't enough for me to ask for Blizzard not to remove the mount. So, at least I know that I wouldn't put myself and what I think and want before hard choices.
    Shame though that Blizzard said that they didn't want to change anything except the numbers, but also admitted that it doesn't work and therefor already plan to buff people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post

That would be more of an UI issue than an actual strong reason either way for a proposed reduction of stats. Personally, I don't have a dog in this fight; I have most of the stuff I want from older content and the few remaining pieces I do need I have friends and family who will gladly help me get them, but if you're going to tell me me the major reason for an item squish is "Coz big numbers are harder to add" then I'm going to suggest that a UI workaround would be just as effective and cause less issues while being easier to implement.

Shame though that Blizzard said that they didn't want to change anything except the numbers, but also admitted that it doesn't work and therefor already plan to buff people.
    I know. And if they go ahead with this "buff" they're going to regret it.

I know. And if they go ahead with this "buff" they're going to regret it.
    I don't know if they'd regret it, but it does show the squish didn't work as intended.

I don't know if they'd regret it, but it does show the squish didn't work as intended.
    No, it only shows they they're afraid of upsetting their paying customers.