Wanted, some REAL numbers.

So, we all know the Sky Golem is coming and there is great anticipation for it. We know the price of Trillium/Living Steel will increase. What I am simply asking, with all of your expert knowledge what do we think the price will bump too? Now we can't specualte due to different realm enomies as to a exact price, but we should be able to estimate in %. Keeping in mind the xream AH's in 5.4,

20%-30% jump?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    So, we all know the Sky Golem is coming and there is great anticipation for it. We know the price of Trillium/Living Steel will increase. What I am simply asking, with all of your expert knowledge what do we think the price will bump too? Now we can't specualte due to different realm enomies as to a exact price, but we should be able to estimate in %. Keeping in mind the xream AH's in 5.4,

20%-30% jump?
    No way to tell, really. All depends on how many people on your realm are making a Sky GOlem, how many people want one, and how much those individual people are willing to buy the mount for. Hell it only takes one idiot on your realm to put his Sky Golem up for 30k and have 1 or 2 others follow him like lemmings and your chances to sell one at a decent price are gone. Not to mention it depends on how many people have been stacking Living Steel and ore, how many people will jump into the market when they notice Living Steel/Ore are selling for much more then usual.

And all of this will be different from realm to realm. Even if some one came into this thread and tells you the hard numbers they expect, how on earth would you be able to trust their knowledge will hold up for your particular realm?

Deleted
    I bet there is a fair degree of uniformity with the price if you rule out the silly buggers who try and sell it for zillions.

There is a bottom price which will be 30 living steels + 30 coodowns
    How many people are vain enough to want to have the item first. It will be less than people think because people have alts these days and can make it themselves.
    Expect an awful lot of mounts to hit the ah on day 30. It will be less than people think imo, it always is.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    the price on my almost-dead server will fall into oblivion because of xrealm AH and the price of sky-golem also

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post

20%-30% jump?
    Honestly judgeing by my old realm, the first ones like first 100 ones on market will be 100k+ this is data more or less that is non-constistant I m warning you right now from a low-pop RP realm called Darkmoon Faire.. the rest will probly be around 40-60k roughly i'd be amazed if it goes below 35k honestly..and if so I will anahalite that moron and try to make guild buy up his stupid stuff and put it back out on the market and probly gona try to burn him out of the market ;P.

Deleted
    Another thing that will help is they will become good vehicles to move money between servers.

You guys have some good reply's but im asking what % will Trillium Bars and Living Steel go up, NOT hoe much the Mount will sell for.

10+ Year Old Account
    if they stay with aprox. 100g for a stack of ghost iron. All from the start, you need 2800 ghost iron (Sources and transmute from Ghost Iron to trillium to living steel) Currently on my server, it'll be about 12.500 to 15.000 in just materials. And then we have to look at 2 CD's needed. Transmutation and Engineering. What does people give? 100 to 400 gold when the cooldowns matters?

ON TOPIC: There's no chance to tell on the increase of material price. It all depends on the server and the market. Already on the 30/31 day mark of patch 5.4, I will bring 2 Sky Golems on the auction, keep one and trade one for a good amount of materials (which counts up to be the same needed + something for effort).

I would say, a high increase at first, 20-25%, then drop more and more. (Ghost Iron on my server jumps from 70 to 130 gold pr. stack already without people working for mats for it).

Luckily, I have a storage of 12.000 Ghost Iron bars.. because I hoard ^^
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-08-01 at 12:57 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    the price on my almost-dead server will fall into oblivion because of xrealm AH and the price of sky-golem also
    This is a very important thing to note. The price will, approximately, become an average of all the servers you'll find yourself grouped with on patch day. If you're stockpiling you could find yourself being grouped with realms offering the ores for far less than you're used to and won't be able to turn any profit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Healingsara View Post
    This is a very important thing to note. The price will, approximately, become an average of all the servers you'll find yourself grouped with on patch day. If you're stockpiling you could find yourself being grouped with realms offering the ores for far less than you're used to and won't be able to turn any profit.
    It is likely that prices will fall becayse there are more sellers, but there will also be more buyers. A bit of research on TUJ will give you an idea. What tends to happen is that the bigger the target market, then the cheaper items are as it leads to a more efficient economy. I think people are getting far too excited about the profit potential for this mount. It is ok but you can only produce one per month per engineer.