Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Bonus Rolls Were a Bad Idea...

First off, I think that people take the game too far when they thing an optional thing is "mandatory" for progression. Blizzard has always stated that the coins, mogu runes, etc are all optional to give you an extra chance at loot. Loot works exactly like it did in every other expansion, it drops, and you can roll on it, use DKP, loot council etc.

If people feel that it is now "mandatory" and part of core game play to have coins each week (which its absolutely not, and is completely optional game play), the should just take out the coin system.

Removing bonus rolls from normal and heroic raids would do two things:

1) Would greatly reduce the QQ about dailies being mandatory

2) Would bring the indented purpose of the bonus rolls closer in line with how the developers wanted them to work

Keep it for LFR so those people can feel good to try to get more loot. The real raiders in normal and hardmode wont have to bother with the system. It just feels too clunky, and a lame way of providing more "content" by way of dailies, and other "get you out in the world" type activities.

10+ Year Old Account
    heroic raiders won't mind to do a little hour of extra work.
    They are good in the game, they know what they are doing.

They don't even care.

You care. Only you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    First off, I think that people take the game too far when they thing an optional thing is "mandatory" for progression. Blizzard has always stated that the coins, mogu runes, etc are all optional to give you an extra chance at loot. Loot works exactly like it did in every other expansion, it drops, and you can roll on it, use DKP, loot council etc.

If people feel that it is now "mandatory" and part of core game play to have coins each week (which its absolutely not, and is completely optional game play), the should just take out the coin system.

Removing bonus rolls from normal and heroic raids would do two things:

1) Would greatly reduce the QQ about dailies being mandatory

2) Would bring the indented purpose of the bonus rolls closer in line with how the developers wanted them to work

Keep it for LFR so those people can feel good to try to get more loot. The real raiders in normal and hardmode wont have to bother with the system. It just feels too clunky, and a lame way of providing more "content" by way of dailies, and other "get you out in the world" type activities.
    I like this idea. Of course I never did dailies, ever, until MoP came with the coins though so I'm definitely biased to doing dailies, especially with loot on the line. :P

What the hell are you talking about, you get coins for almost anything, and getting 50 of them is matter of what, single hour?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't like em, don't use them. Just don't whine when everyone else says you're being lazy and not going after every chance you have to more loot.

Not to mention you can farm up 50 coins in about 30mins in the barrens now and pvp dailies take what, literally 15mins with a geared group to do + golden lotus dailies and you have your 50 charms for coins.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    heroic raiders won't mind to do a little hour of extra work.
    They are good in the game, they know what they are doing.

They don't even care.

You care. Only you.
    Being skilled? Know what I'm doing? How does that equate to I don't care, or mean I don't mind doing something I don't find "fun" (you know, Blizzard is all about introducing "fun" things in the game) but since Blizzard made it increase a chance for loot... the same loot bosses drop... it's mandatory, and I have to do something I don't find "fun" in order to keep that chance.

Deleted
    Replace bonus roll with gems/enchants and your entire post is still the same. Remove those too please, cba buying stuff to enhance my gear.

Why are you always posting opinions and getting banned?

On Topic...

If you are relying on coins for (H) raiding, then I feel you shouldn't be in that guild. (N) is a different story and is USUALLY a more relaxed environment, where coins could play a part. (N) be considered a friendly environment, and if you are srz bizzness in (N) while coins bother you. Then I feel sorry for you.

In before, Jaylock got out rolled by a coin and was pissed off, thus making this post.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Being skilled? Know what I'm doing? How does that equate to I don't care, or mean I don't mind doing something I don't find "fun" (you know, Blizzard is all about introducing "fun" things in the game) but since Blizzard made it increase a chance for loot... the same loot bosses drop... it's mandatory, and I have to do something I don't find "fun" in order to keep that chance.
    So I guess you find "afking in shrine" the only interesting thing in wow, because you get coins by doing anything but that.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Replace bonus roll with gems/enchants and your entire post is still the same. Remove those too please, cba buying stuff to enhance my gear.
    Buying something form the AH (especially if you're a goblin like me) is NOTHING like wasting 30 minutes to an hour doing something you don't enjoy. Even if you despised the AH, you'd have to say there shouldn't be an AH and that you also never, ever bought something off the AH.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Why are you always posting opinions and getting banned?

On Topic...

If you are relying on coins for (H) raiding, then I feel you shouldn't be in that guild. (N) is a different story and is USUALLY a more relaxed environment, where coins could play a part. (N) be considered a friendly environment, and if you are srz bizzness in (N) while coins bother you. Then I feel sorry for you.

In before, Jaylock got out rolled by a coin and was pissed off, thus making this post.
    How is relying on coins for Heroics relating to you shouldn't be in that guild exactly?

If all your raiders in heroic progression guilds use their coins and get their BiS item, then that means the other person who also used a coin did not get their BiS item now has a chance to get it from the bosses loot according to how the guild goes about handing out the items. It lets the lootmasters split loot out even more fairly in heroic raids when people use coins as if they get something, then the boss loot can go to another raid and gear up everyone evenly or for a fight, etc.

It's just stupid not to use every advantage you have to get loot even for Heroic progression guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    So I guess you find "afking in shrine" the only interesting thing in wow, because you get coins by doing anything but that.
    Actually, I'm only AFK 10-20 minutes at most before and after a raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    3) would make getting gear a massive PITA again requiring people to keep running content over and over again to get the one upgrade that one person in the raid still "needs".

No thanks. If you dont like it, dont use it. It is not mandatory.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    How is relying on coins for Heroics relating to you shouldn't be in that guild exactly?

If all your raiders in heroic progression guilds use their coins and get their BiS item, then that means the other person who also used a coin did not get their BiS item now has a chance to get it from the bosses loot according to how the guild goes about handing out the items. It lets the lootmasters split loot out even more fairly in heroic raids when people use coins as if they get something, then the boss loot can go to another raid and gear up everyone evenly or for a fight, etc.

It's just stupid not to use every advantage you have to get loot even for Heroic progression guilds.
    Whoa, your guild waits to see if anyone got bonus loot before giving out the loot that dropped?

Deleted
    Buying something form the AH (especially if you're a goblin like me) is NOTHING like wasting 30 minutes to an hour doing something you don't enjoy. Even if you despised the AH, you'd have to say there shouldn't be an AH and that you also never, ever bought something off the AH.
    Gold from raid bosses doesn't really cut it to buy everything you need, so you need to have gold income besides that, which I cba doing.

Deleted
    I like bonus rolls.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa, your guild waits to see if anyone got bonus loot before giving out the loot that dropped?
    No, it's just common practice that whoever gets a bonus roll on the item they needed speaks up and lets everyone know. That way they don't have to put a bid in on the item that did drop. It's all common practice tbh and it should be everywhere I'd assume at least for higher end guilds. And if someone gets an item they had got from a bonus roll they gladly trade it to another person.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Gold from raid bosses doesn't really cut it to buy everything you need, so you need to have gold income besides that, which I cba doing.
    Depending on when you started playing (as in, 2 weeks ago or something) if you have a gold problem, you have an expense problem. There is zero reason you shouldn't have gold...

The only part about the coins I don't like is that they are too random. I've managed to get around 1/2 my gear with coins, and won 3 items (none that I could use) in a row this week, while our tanks are just not having any luck at all with them.

Not everyone plays for the pure benifit of the raid, if for whatever reason you aren't normally going to get loot in a run, you can use the coins to at least get a chance at something.

As far as having to work for the coins... Blizz has already made them much, much easier to get. Lesser coins are so similar to valor in the way you get them, I wouldn't be surprised if they get combined next xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    No, it's just common practice that whoever gets a bonus roll on the item they needed speaks up and lets everyone know. That way they don't have to put a bid in on the item that did drop. It's all common practice tbh and it should be everywhere I'd assume at least for higher end guilds.
    Yea, it's not.