Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Depending on when you started playing (as in, 2 weeks ago or something) if you have a gold problem, you have an expense problem. There is zero reason you shouldn't have gold...
    There is zero reason why you shouldnt have over 1000 lesser coins to spare.

I currently have 1576 coins without actively trying to farm them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Don't like em, don't use them. Just don't whine when everyone else says you're being lazy and not going after every chance you have to more loot.

Not to mention you can farm up 50 coins in about 30mins in the barrens now and pvp dailies take what, literally 15mins with a geared group to do + golden lotus dailies and you have your 50 charms for coins.
    A person can lie and tell their guild they do the coin quest every week and just fake like "oh darn just more gold on my bonus roll again"

The bonus roll system is stupid, and should have never been put in the game in the first place.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, it's not.
    TBH, just my opinion, but this is why I like loot council for loot over every thing else. IMO, it makes it more fair and lets you gear up the people who show up on time, actually contribute to the raid, don't fuck up all the time, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    TBH, just my opinion, but this is why I like loot council for loot over every thing else. IMO, it makes it more fair and lets you gear up the people who show up on time, actually contribute to the raid, don't fuck up all the time, etc.
    I still like using the "dont be a jerk" loot system. Roll on what you need, just dont be a jerk about it. It's worked well so far.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

lesser charms can be gotten in so many ways now, as long as you kill something thats 90, youll eventually get your 50 charms... it just gives players a reason to play the game outside of raids

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    A person can lie and tell their guild they do the coin quest every week and just fake like "oh darn just more gold on my bonus roll again"

The bonus roll system is stupid, and should have never been put in the game in the first place.
    Why should your guild care? That people would feel a need to lie about it is odd, but even odder is that the would be asked the question they are lying about.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrypowdah View Post
    I like bonus rolls.
    This. A good balance between personal and group loot.

My current guild uses a program that tracks when you use the roll, not when you get the coin. Yes it can probably be cheated and making another program to do so is probably more effort than the guild collectively getting the coins in the first place.

It's nowhere as bad now as it was at launch. It's fine now as the way it is I would say. And so far it seems like they're sort of getting away from valor gear being behind daily reputations, I don't really count the shado pan offensive in since you get that rep just from doing the raid. I haven't really took that much of a look at next patch and valor gear though so maybe they still are.

Bonus rolls don't seem that bad. Problem is they are tied to daily quests (and pet battles which is even more nothing to do with raiding)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Why should your guild care? That people would feel a need to lie about it is odd, but even odder is that the would be asked the question they are lying about.
    My answer was in response that people think it is mandatory to have coins. They are not. They shouldn't have ever been implemented as a "feature" because it gives players the artificial feeling that they are in fact mandatory. It was only until recently that they put coins on mobs and generals, that people can now use the excuse "oh you can get coins from anywhere, it only takes 30 minutes to farm them up."

Bonus rolls was good on paper, but bad in the real game. Sometimes blizzard does good with features, and other times massive fail. This is one of those massive fail times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    This. A good balance between personal and group loot.

My current guild uses a program that tracks when you use the roll, not when you get the coin. Yes it can probably be cheated and making another program to do so is probably more effort than the guild collectively getting the coins in the first place.
    Let me get this straight....

Your guild.. made its members get a program.. that tracks weather or not they used a coin roll? I'm sorry but that is completely unnecessary and quite frankly dictatorshipish towards your members. I would leave your guild in a heart beat if the GM ever tried to make something like that mandatory.

My guild has 3 groups that just finishd up heroic ToT minus Ra Den. To my knowledge less than 10 of our 60 core raiders farm for and use the bonus rolls. Do they help? Yes. Are they required? No. If you want a chance at additional loot chances then spending a few minutes to get the charms are worth it.

I would leave your guild in a heart beat if the GM ever tried to make something like that mandatory.
    And nothing of value would be lost.

I have 800+ lesser charms and I don't do dailies.
    I laugh every time I see people complaining about the in-game store selling them.

I love my Mogu Runes.. I did Oondasta last night, no gear, used a coin and I got a neck piece! We did Nalak after, again no gear but guess what? I used my Mogu Rune and got a pair of gloves!

They're so freaking easy to farm too.. I have something like 1200 lesser charms right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    They shouldn't have ever been implemented as a "feature" because it gives players the artificial feeling that they are in fact mandatory.
    By that logic, there should be nothing in the game at all since anything they add becomes "mandatory". If players can't control their OCD to simply ignore aspects of the game they dont want, I dont see why the rest of us should suffer. Hell, raids are not mandatory. Lots of people manage to play without bothering with them at all. The intent was to get raiders to leave town's once in a while if they want access to more loot rolls. Based on the amount of complaints I would say that it worked. I guess they could change it so that you get X number of bonus rolls a week regardless of if you do anything but raid, but frankly I prefer the current system. If anything the lesser charms are too common now. I get tired of looting them.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Do Golden Lotus dailies twice a week, or do the first part 5 times a week. (Literally 10 minutes) and you have your 50 charms a week.

Replace with daily hub to taste.

It is not hard to farm charms, anyone who complains about it, and afks in stormwind for half an hour waiting for a queue pop has no real right to complain.

It's not that dailies are mandatory, it's that people are getting lazy when playing a game. It's just silly.

In my opinion they were a brilliant idea, just cause the minority, as usual, complains about them doesn't mean the rest of the player base needs to be spited.

A little rant, but those whiners who complained about dailies have meant that for 5.3 and 5.4 Blizzard decided not to implement any daily quests. I liked my daily quests.

I would have given anything during TBC to have an extra chance to get the Healing Mace from Illidan, we killed him at least 30 and never saw it drop. We did have 3 or 4 Warglaives. One of the really annoying things about raiding during both Vanilla and TBC, if you where unlucky with drops you where SOL, the Healing Mace from Illidan, T4 Priest Leg token, Priest T2 Gloves are items that just would not drop for my raid group.

Bonus rolls are needed if they're going to keep up with every boss has a massive loot table in 10m.

At this point coins are so stupid easy to get, you can do dailies, just kill mobs, kill rare mobs for 100% chance at them, you can do pet battles for them etc. And you only need 50 use to be 90 if this way of getting coins had been in place day one things would have been much better but they they know that now.
    Last edited by Wow; 2013-08-01 at 05:06 PM.

Being skilled? Know what I'm doing? How does that equate to I don't care, or mean I don't mind doing something I don't find "fun" (you know, Blizzard is all about introducing "fun" things in the game) but since Blizzard made it increase a chance for loot... the same loot bosses drop... it's mandatory, and I have to do something I don't find "fun" in order to keep that chance.
    You must have really hated vanilla and TBC. There were a lot more things that weren't fun that raiders were forced to do back then.
    Last edited by SamR; 2013-08-01 at 05:11 PM.

They don't feel mandatory to me at all, heck I don't even farm them, The things I enjoy in game, just so happen to give me them as a bonus, having over 4k of them, I'll never get through them all.

If your the type of person that has no self control or in a guild that are demanding farming these bonus rolls, then I dunno what to say, maybe find a new guild, or have some self control and do stuff thats fun rather than stuff you don't find fun, it's an extra for putting time into something, you don't need it.