Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Whats wrong with an in-game Blizzard Store??

Really.

Whats wrong with having an in-game virtual store? It is a more convenient option for players to buy vanity items and other cool things from blizzards collection of virtual goods. Why are players personally offended by the Blizzard store in the first place, you dont have to buy the items if you dont want to, so I dont see what the big deal is.

Its about time they added an OPTIONAL + experience item to the store.

Think of all the awesome things they could add to the in-game store:

-Experience elixer
    -New unique, never before seen / conceptualized mounts
    -Unique and awesome exclusive transmog sets with custom animations / effects when spells are cast
    -Coins for bonus rolls (so you dont have to go out to farm them)
    -Flight training (so you dont have to use gold to buy it in game)
    -Herbs, Ores, Leather, Cloth (basically any raw materials so players who choose wont have to go out to farm it)
    -Exclusive transmog raids (bosses drop nothing but transmog gear, new unique raids developed solely for blizzard store customers to have content to just get transmog gear)

As you can tell, nothing on that list increases character power. It would be awesome to just click a button, and have your credit card linked to your account and buy some cool stuff while in game without having to leave it.
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2013-08-01 at 06:59 PM.

oh damn...cash shop and jaylock, this is a good 6-7 pages before a lock.

OT: nothing wrong really just don't make the best looking stuff be in store, make it from something challenging ingame.

I would happily pay for increased storage or even better, shared storage across alts on a server. More character slots would be nice too. I do think they ought to have a loyalty program though if they're going to do a cash shop like most other games do.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its about time they added an OPTIONAL + experience item to the store.
    That's what's wrong with it. Sure it's optional right now, but what's stopping them from selling Tier 18 on it for those who "don't have time to gear up and still want to raid with their friends?"
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    That's what's wrong with it. Sure it's optional right now, but what's stopping them from selling Tier 18 on it for those who "don't have time to gear up and still want to raid with their friends?"
    They can do that right now through the Blizzard Store and have been able to for nearly 4 years now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    They can do that right now through the Blizzard Store and have been able to for nearly 4 years now.
    Oh you can? I didn't know that. Can you please show me where you can buy Tier raiding gear on the Blizzard store?

10+ Year Old Account
    He didn't really take time to think about what he said before he posted it. I'm sure he knew that, but it was just another artificial blind criticism of the in-game blizzard store. No support for why he thinks its a bad idea as always.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fromhellofdoom View Post
    Oh you can? I didn't know that. Can you please show me where you can buy Tier raiding gear on the Blizzard store?
    He never said that they do sell tier raiding gear, he only said they have the ability to sell that type of gear if they choose to, but they do not, and havent done so for over 4 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fromhellofdoom View Post
    Read that again, before making such statement.

OT: It's wrong because not everyone will be able to buy something, and what does look good costs IRL money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Raid bosses dropping transmogrify gear...?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, they have been able to. But it hasn't been until this patch that microtransactions actually became part of the game itself.

The justification for adding it? "We want you to be able to play with your friends."

Subs keep dropping, revenue goes down, use the same justification to make the game Pay to Win.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Because some of us think it would be pretty awesome to get some of these things WITHOUT paying for them, like, oh I don't know, an in-game drop?

my biggest concern is that their good designs for new gear (and perhaps weapons) are ending up in the store as transmog items.

New tier16 shows this already. for most classes it looks absolutely crap
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

Deleted
    Because I'd like to think that real life income does not matter in a computer game. God damn...

IF they are so severely hurting for cash that they want to destroy the spirit of the game with those suggestions of yours, they should introduce a system like GW2's, where you can buy gems for real money, and then sell them on the AH for gold so you can at least obtain those items, boosts and other things without buying them with real money IN A SUBSCRIPTION BASED MMO, I might add...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Read that again, before making such statement.

OT: It's wrong because not everyone will be able to buy something, and what does look good costs IRL money.
    Which is why everything on the cash shop are optional things that dont increase character power. Plus, thats the world we live in, if you have the money to buy unnecessary things, then more power to you. Its not bad just because not everyone will be able to buy something.

The only stuff that should be allowed to be sold for cash is items that don't increase power or extra content in the form of raids, quests, dungeons. Even items that are intended to be part of an in game mechanic(mogu coins comes to mind) shouldn't be in there. This should include flasks, ores, training of any kind. Maybe custom animations as long as they are in line with current animations or maybe different color flames for mages or shadow priests turning red instead of purple. Warlock fire was planned and asked for since the beginning and was gated behind a pretty hard quest line.

With that said Blizzard is doing the cash shop right. All items found inside the shop would never exist if it wasn't for the shop. They simply wouldn't exist in game. People who keep bringing up a point about how it uses up resources stop kidding yourselves. There's teams of people working on different aspects and usually it has one team waiting while the previous team finishes up their end. This is where they can put them to work for other aspects.

Deleted
    They could put Gold and Gear into the Shop too it would be amazing.

Bonus Time for challenge Modes would be awesome too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPenguin View Post
    Because some of us think it would be pretty awesome to get some of these things WITHOUT paying for them, like, oh I don't know, an in-game drop?
    You already do get plenty of mounts and things from in game drops and achievements. The cash shop just provides more. Problem?

You were fine until you said Flight Training, Raw Mats, and Raids. That really cuts it. Especially raw mats and raids.

Deleted
    totally happy about the ingame shop so i don't have to alt tab when i want to buy something from blizzstore!
    now i can only wait for the transmog corrupted ashbringer then my character will be complete.

Deleted
    Its not bad just because not everyone will be able to buy something.
    That's exactly why it is bad. This is not real life. This is a computer game. Who I am and what I earn in real life should have no meaning in game.