Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Two-healable beginner HCs

Greetings, I would like to ask wich 10m ToT fights are viable to attempt with two healers: priest (usually discipline but with holy offspec) and restoration shaman.

According to my research, these are possible with our setup:
    -Jin'rokh
    -Ji-Kun
    -Horridon
    -Twin Consorts
    -Primordius
    -Tortos

We have quite good tanks (monk and death knight), but perhaps somehow worse dps (half is good, half is replacement I got and only beginning to raid), but say 6 people are already kinda outgeared for normal (average itemlevel would be around 527).
    I want to give my raid some goal that we can realistically reach.
    I am inclined to start with Horridon because of the discipline double-dip, but not sure yet.

Thank you.
    Last edited by mmoc5eb69ce1b0; 2013-08-01 at 10:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We only did 4 hms til now, but healed everything with 2 people (disc + monk) - we too have monk + dk tanks.
    We did:
    JinRokh
    Horridon
    Ji-Kun (Burn)
    and
    Qon - who in my opinion is only hard in p1

So far 2 healed with rsham and rdruid
    jinrokh
    horridon
    tortos
    ji-kun
    iron qon

Only had to 3 heal primordius so far. Basically everything is 2 healable if you're good enough (Meg might be pushing it though)

Deleted
    Well that is the problem, being good enough if I were good enough, I could singe heal.
    But I'm not.
    What I am trying to achieve is a reachable goal to boost morale and to motivate people into putting more effort to the gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would not 2 heal Primordius, and Iron Qon might also be pushing it, as p1 can be pretty demanding. Tortos, Horridon, Twin Consorts, Jin'rokh are all good to be 2 healed. Ji-Kun once again, during progress, is easier with three simply because the fight really doesn't get much harder with less DPS, and the main platform healer has to heal through some pretty heavy tank damage, as well as Quills, but it's definitely doable with 2.

Deleted
    Since you're just starting heroics, I'd recommend Jin'rokh to begin, out of the others you mention I would strike off Primordius till later as he becomes much easier with gear and is more commonly 3 healed. I'd also leave Twins till later, we found it easier to 3 heal it and have a healer doing the celestials, the healing is quite low but then comes in more demanding bursts (though tactically it is quite simple and quite a few do 2 heal it, this is just my experience, so feel free to have a go at it).

IMO depending on the rest of your comp, I'd then consider Tortos probably, also Horridon and Ji-Kun:
    - Tortos is significantly easier (for everyone but the kiter!) if you can kite the bats - you have a monk tank and you say your tanks are good so I'd be inclined to go Tortos. Kiting bats also significantly decreases the DPS requirement of the boss, and you say your DPS are your weakest aspect. (Note I'd recommend your priest going holy for Tortos).
    - Consider Horridon if you've got enough disease/curse dispellers, and good interrupters, as most 2-heal him. E.g. do you have lots of mages, shamans, paladins (of any spec). Do not worry about poison dispellers as you can prevent the application of poison by interrupting.
    - Consider Ji-Kun if you have hybrid DPS that's capable of healing nests when needed (e.g. ele shaman with conductivity). We 2 healed keeping both healers on the platform at all times with that method.

Deleted
    The only 2 we still 3 heal after month + of farming 13/13 is Meg and Primo. These are also 2 healable, but we just don't find it necesarry to change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikurii View Post
    Since you're just starting heroics, I'd recommend Jin'rokh to begin, out of the others you mention I would strike off Primordius till later as he becomes much easier with gear and is more commonly 3 healed. I'd also leave Twins till later, we found it easier to 3 heal it and have a healer doing the celestials, the healing is quite low but then comes in more demanding bursts (though tactically it is quite simple and quite a few do 2 heal it, this is just my experience, so feel free to have a go at it).

IMO depending on the rest of your comp, I'd then consider Tortos probably, also Horridon and Ji-Kun:
    - Tortos is significantly easier (for everyone but the kiter!) if you can kite the bats - you have a monk tank and you say your tanks are good so I'd be inclined to go Tortos. Kiting bats also significantly decreases the DPS requirement of the boss, and you say your DPS are your weakest aspect. (Note I'd recommend your priest going holy for Tortos).
    - Consider Horridon if you've got enough disease/curse dispellers, and good interrupters, as most 2-heal him. E.g. do you have lots of mages, shamans, paladins (of any spec). Do not worry about poison dispellers as you can prevent the application of poison by interrupting.
    - Consider Ji-Kun if you have hybrid DPS that's capable of healing nests when needed (e.g. ele shaman with conductivity). We 2 healed keeping both healers on the platform at all times with that method.
    Hm, we have only 1 shaman (the healer), and weak offspec healers (only one shadow priest with sub-par gear). So not sure about Horridon - on the other hand, discipline healing bonus could outweight it a bit.
    I would scratch Ji-Kun then. Tortos seems like solid choice, though the monk won't like it

Our healing setup is a disc priest and resto shaman(myself), the fights we've two healed:

Jinrohk - The resto shaman will have a Healing Tide for every other storm and Ascendance + Spiritwalker's Grace for the others so you should have no problems with the damage in that phase if people can avoid orbs. I'd recommend doing this one first.

Horridon - Disc priests rock this fight with Atonement and Spirit Shell for the dire call, resto shaman healing will overall be very low on this fight while healing with a disc priest, the last two doors can get a bit gritty so have your shaman use his CDs liberally. I'd recommend this or Iron Qon third.

Tortos - Healing requirement for this fight is quite low, people just have to manage their shields properly. Can be a lot harder than it should be if people mess up mechanics, weather you succeed or fail at this fight is all up to how people deal with the mechanics. I'd recommend doing this 3rd or 4th, just don't waste a lot of time on it if people are goofing up the mechanics.

Ji'kun - This fight is far easier with two healers since you don't have to deal with as many nests, have one heal stay on the platform the entire time and one fly to the nests with the guardians. With a monk and DK tank you might not even need a healer to go to the platforms. Quills will coincide with people being at the nests but defensive CD's and hybrid healing or healthstones should be sufficient to keep them alive. If people learn to dodge Caw, which is very easy to do, the risk of people dying decreases greatly. I'd recommend doing this one second.

Durumu - Heavy tank damage and the Light Spectrum phases can get nasty but the resto shaman's cooldowns should be up for every light spectrum phase and Spirit Link Totem + Totem Projection can be a real life saver if people are sloppy with the life drain. It's not a hard fight to two heal but it requires quite a bit of dps and proper execution. Grounding Totem prevents the application of Dark Parasite, if you have two shaman put one in each group and you can prevent it from happening at all. If you don't it's not a hard mechanic to deal with, don't be afraid to dispel it sooner rather than later if it reduces the risk of the person dying, its damage does ramp up a lot toward the end of its duration. I wouldn't recommend this fight until you're at least 5/13.

Iron Qon - This fight really comes down to the Windstorms, using two healers usually means you'll only get one Windstorm which makes this fight a lot easier. The healing requirement in phase 1 can be pretty high depending on the strat you use, we use a very healing intensive strat and had no trouble making it through this phase, the shaman should be using all of his cooldowns in phase 1 since they shouldn't be needed in phase 2 or 3. Phase two doesn't require a ton of healing, make sure everyone is topped off going into Windstorm, depending on your dps Healing Tide should be back up at somepoint late in phase 2 or early phase 3 and the shaman should use it for the cheap heals. Phase 3 is a joke and will allow you to regen some mana. The start of phase 4 can be a bit shaky, on our early kills I would use Healing Tide during the first Face Smash since the dogs likely won't be dead and people will still have Arcing Lightning. Once the dogs are dead and people are stacked healing phase 4 isn't hard at all, manage raid cooldowns properly and it'll be a breeze. I'd recommend doing this boss 3rd or 4th.

Twin Consorts - Mostly a gear check, it's a very tight dps check so two healing is probably your best bet for a kill. The damage on this fight is quite high and will require good timing of the celestials, you'll just have to figure which order and when works best for you. Don't be afraid to heal like crazy through phase 1, the serpent celestial will get you a lot of mana back. In phase 1 on this fight avoid directly healing the tank with Beast of Nightmares since it hurts quite a bit in an already very damage spiky phase. We have one tank on Lu'lin the entire time while the other taunts Suen and runs her around the room exposing the adds, doing so reduces a lot of raid damage but makes healing the tank tricky. I use Healing Tide during the first Beast of Nightmares since it'll heal the tank and not put stacks of the dot on me, for the second Beast I use Ascendance and heal a target near the tank so I can get healing on him without getting stacks. Using Ox during a Beast would work also since the tank could probably survive without any healing at all. The shaman needs to be careful with Chain Heal and Healing Rain, if the tank is standing in a preexisting Healing Rain when the Beast spawns he'll get a stack of a the dot. The beginning of phase 2 can be a bit rough, there is a bug where a second comet won't always spawn before the first Nuclear Inferno which means you'll have to deal with a) Nuclear Inferno where Suen has high stacks of Blazing Radiance or b) Nuclear Inferno without a comet, both are bad news for healers. To avoid that happening if all players (excluding the painter) are within 15 yards of Suen before the first Nuclear Inferno the second comet will always spawn allowing you to remove her stacks with the first comet before Nuclear Inferno happens. Tidal Force in phase 3 needs to be managed properly Tiger for the 1st, Ox for the 2nd, and any and all personal and raid cooldowns for the third one since Suen should die shortly after it happens and you won't need them in the last phase. Depending on your dps/healers a second serpent should only be used if you aren't gonna hit enrage. I'd recommend doing this after you're at least 4/13, if you struggle with Tortos give this fight a try.

Council of Elders would be worth a try two healing after you kill Twins, if you can mitigate Frostbite it'll save the healers a lot of mana and managing Twisted Fate properly will also save the healers a lot of mana which you're gonna need during Kazra'jin's empowerments. Getting Sul down before Kaz's 2nd or 3rd Discharge can help tremendously since people will be able to stack. Discharge requires a lot of hps since you have to put in a fixed amount of damage before he reaches full energy, manage raid cooldowns well and make sure dps don't tunnel vision and kill the raid during Discharge and you can two heal this.
    Last edited by Barrun; 2013-08-01 at 03:47 PM.

Start recruiting good healers - really. You wont go anywhere in heroics without proper healers who know their class well. Its like going up against a brick wall if you are just starting heroic progression without good healers!
    Mew!

Heroic Megeara is 2 healable with a resto shaman/holy priest.

Resto shamans can a pop a CD for every Rampage. And Holy has some nice throughput whilst stacked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
    Heroic Megeara is 2 healable with a resto shaman/holy priest.

Resto shamans can a pop a CD for every Rampage. And Holy has some nice throughput whilst stacked.
    It can be with practice but you'd kinda not want to push unnecessary strain on your healers on a first try, especially as it's not a dps race fight. But after a couple of kills you're free to push it down to 2.

I ...don't like 2 healing Primordius either...maybe it's a trouble with our setup/ability but it doesn't ever turn out clean for us.

Everything else though...egheghghgh... You can find ways. Hell on Ji-Kun there's ways to 1 heal it amusingly enough.
    Last edited by Aqua; 2013-08-01 at 05:32 PM.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Deleted
    You can easely 2man heal from jinrok to ra-den on heroic, just need a decent raid with people that don't stand in fire

My guild has some good heals so take this with a grain of salt.

Jinrokh: 2 heal
    Horridon: 2 heal
    Council: 2 heal (even during progression)
    Tortos: We used to 2 heal, now we 1 heal with a monk.
    Magaera: 3 heal. 2 healed it once but our tank hated it. Led to this video: http://youtu.be/5y3plJm7pa8
    Jikun: 2 healed it, but now we zerg it and use 1 heals.
    durumu: 2 heals
    Primordius: 3 healed, but now we 2 heal.
    Dark Animus: 2 heal
    Iron Quon: 2 heal
    Twin Consorts: 3 healed before, but now we 2 heal.
    Lei shen: 2 heal
    Raden: 2 heal

There is really no point to 2 heal them if you can 3 heal them, none of those have enrage timers and only a few felt easier when you had an extra dps.

The only one I wouldn't 2 heal is Megaera. Simply because rng can screw you and you could have one healer kiting an ice beam when rampage is starting.

Now we 2 heal everything but Megaera in our 10 man alt run, but both healers have 545 iLvl.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    Well that is the problem, being good enough if I were good enough, I could singe heal.
    But I'm not.
    What I am trying to achieve is a reachable goal to boost morale and to motivate people into putting more effort to the gameplay.
    definitely start with jin'rohk. there's actually very little damage to heal through except for people getting hit during the storm, and HTT covers that nicely.

If you are just getting into HC this tier or even for the first time, I'd recommend 3 healers for most encounters; it's a nice fail-safe. If you run a disc and MW they can just do damage if the healing isn't too demanding.

That being said, my group has pushed 7/13HM (Jin, Hor, Council, Tort, Jikun, Iron Q, and Twins) and almost kill Megs (1% wipes because dumb DPS stand in shit) with only a Mistweaver and Resto druid. Mind you we now do Ji'kun with 3 healers (boomkin goes heals) just because it's stupid at some points.

I'd say:
    Jin'rokh
    Horridon
    Tortos
    Ji'kun
    Iron Qon
    Twin Consorts

These are the easy ones. I include Iron Qon, because the two big healing checks, phase 1 and 4, can be made faster with an extra DPS, and can be made 100% easier with correct CD usage. (I've solo healed the encounter as a MW, only using external CDs at P4).

But as you go along and get gear I see no reason why you can't two heal anything. Meta gems, and cloaks, along with enough upgraded heroic or TF gear, can really make the fights so much easier.

Sorry for the brag fest, but that's my $0.02 =D

15+ Year Old Account
    well you can 2 heal all the fights.

but to answer your question on the easy/beginner bosses.
    jinrohk
    jikun
    horridon
    iron qon
    twin con
    tortos

can all be healed without many problems i suppose
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can two heal all, but the easiest ones to do are Jin'rokh, Horridon, Ji-kun, and Tortos.

Durumu is something you will be two healing but I wouldn't call it a 'beginning boss'.

Iron Qon is also a beginning boss but two healing the first phase can be sketchy if you aren't familiar with the fight. If your DPS isn't good Consorts will probably require three heals, but then again if your DPS isn't good you might not be able to afford to three heal it lol.

I one heal Jinrokh, jikun and durumu as resto shaman.

Rest we 2heal (disc & Rshaman)