Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Aren't you fed up with RNG on loot ?

For the past 5-6 weeks I've been trying to gear up this character. Doing heroic scenarios every day, even though I get valor capped fairly quickly, lfrs, normal alt runs, even cm dailies ... but the RNG is just spitting in my face ... I'm still holding 483/471 weapons I've had since March or something ...

Aren't you fed up with RNG on loot and unlucky streaks ?
    I mean they could implement some sort of w/e conselation system where you gather up some "unlucky coins" and you can buy the item you can't get from lfr.

Let's say you get 1 unlucky coin per loot bag and you'll need 10-20-30 or w/e you think it's suitable, to buy a 502 item that drops from LFR .
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tinos/advanced
    pff ...
    /rant off
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Deleted
    Haven't you heard? RNG is biggest fun in this game. At least Blizzard said that... Best RNG is if we only have 1 monk and we always get monk tokens. He only got tokens for every spec now...

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to RNG. It has been around in RPG's for 25 years. Nice for you to finally notice!
    Aye mate

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    everyone hates RNG.....if you dont you are indeed a weirdo. But RNG is just part of an MMO, its what keeps us playing

say, you didnt get that item? why dont you try next week, or the next, or the one after than.......see how it works
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    No, rng is one of the few things that prevents clearing content to fast. If the RNG factor gets removed or reduced you would see a rapid increase of guilds clearing shit.

Deleted
    WARNING: Incoming "back in my day" post

So, yeah... Back in vanilla bosses tended to drop a couple of bits of loot, including individual bits of specific-class gear, between 40 people.

Nowadays you get the same drop rate per boss for 25 people, plus coin rolls, plus LFR, plus valor items to fill those unlucky slots... And heroic scenarios, and flex next tier.

... And the "battlefield barrens" loot, and timeless isle loot.

So, no. RNG is as much a part of this game as the "horde vs alliance" theme - it's just THERE and always will be. There are other options to avoid RNG but the whole excitement and final "YES" moment that keeps us coming back is down to that slot machine of a boss kill and whether or not this week will be your week.

Deleted
    No, RNG is one of the reasons I like playing MMO's still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well when you've been playing loot based RPGs for as long as I have, you get used to it. Besides it'd be no fun to have your full BiS gear in one week. I'm not a very gear crazed guy, but it's still nice being able to look forward to progressing my character and becoming more powerful.

10+ Year Old Account
    RNG is the engine that keeps the game going.

Deleted
    You can pray to RNG Gods like fire mages do

3 bonus coins used on Animus everyweek since it launched and never seen a chest token drop. While it is annoying (my last tier piece needed for set bonus) it's just the way things go. Keeps us coming back, else if we got everything too fast, you'd just end up sitting about bored lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    No, rng is one of the few things that prevents clearing content to fast. If the RNG factor gets removed or reduced you would see a rapid increase of guilds clearing shit.
    No, what it does is makes the lucky players able to clear easier than their less skilled competition. If all gear had roughly equal weights, it'd be valid. As it is, if a guild gets a lot of weapons, trinkets and tier early, they have a tremendous advantage. Great game design.

And if you had all of your gear by week 3 or 4 why would you continue playing? We already have valor for those unlucky enough to obtain gear in raids.

I don't mind RNG but sometimes its ridiculous. I think there could be compromise between complete RNG like WoW has currently and no RNG at all. Something like.. if you don't have a Rogue you'll never see an +Agi dagger drop. I also think that some items are itemized way too low; take shields for example. That's where VP or equivalent should come into play: Tank shields for instance shouldn't be drops but should be buyable with VP since there are only two classes that use them and therefore the drop rate is far too low when they are such huge upgrades for the classes that use them. VP should be for supplementary things that only few specific classes use. I mean we don't need a bunch of pieces with crappy itemization on the VP list, we need items that few classes need/want and that have extremely low drop rates as a result. Shields, offhands, things like that.
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2013-08-03 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    No, what it does is makes the lucky players able to clear easier than their less skilled competition. If all gear had roughly equal weights, it'd be valid. As it is, if a guild gets a lot of weapons, trinkets and tier early, they have a tremendous advantage. Great game design.
    The game isn't designed with that competition in mind in the slightest. It's merely a side effect spawned from the community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinte View Post
    You can pray to RNG Gods like fire mages do
    Amen.

There's like a pantheon of them.. the crit god, the loot god, the rppm god..

To say what a lot will be saying:
    RNG be RNG.
    They already have the unlucky coins. For each time you don't get anything on a roll, the chance that you get someething on the next is bigger.

No fun in safe gear. And you can just do convert justice->honor->honorgear, or use the immense conequestcap of 22200 as your alt probably has, to get full 496 ilvl in the unlucky slots.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    There's a modicum of RNG to deal with. Ya getting geared up immediately leads to boredom, failing to get gear you need while the time winds down for meaningful upgrades to remain relevant is not remotely compelling. It's not fun running something for 25 weeks and never getting the item you need, it's far worse than getting it in the first week and running that fight over and over again for other people's needs in your raid team, or achievements.
    Oh I totally agree, I mean honestly I'd prefer that tier was back on vendors, that way at least if RNG is buggering you, you can purchase it eventually, I wouldn't mind if a tier piece cost a full cap of valor either, but what can you do? Unless Blizzard feel the same then we're stuck with it;/

Go play Diablo. That is an RNG to complain about.

In the end of the day you get to thank those who said they represented the majority and complained about getting all their loot from the vendor too fast and having nothing else to do and saying they wanted raiding gear. What does Blizzard do, increased reputation grinds and use RNG gear systems to slow down gearing.

In general the RNG doesnt bother me as long as there is a fall back which is what VP gear is supposed to be and gear catch ups. I was usually jumping into the next tier with only half of my gear replaced and still sitting at the top of the meters so it didnt bother me much.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-08-03 at 02:22 AM.