Post emerald dream expansion why yes and why no + some wow 2 points.

hello,

i will right what i think abut why yes and why no to expansion of emerald dream.

why yes:
    1. illidan version 2: azshara as illidan Xavius as Kael'thas and houndmaster as lady vashj. (X.1)
    2. Elune may be at emerald dream..
    3. n'zoth who created the evil deathwing his place is in emerald dream..
    4. mabye sargeras will summon and them come to azeroth and the battle will there.
    5. big land that can to make to all places. for expnsaion.

why no:

1. where is bolvar if there bolvar will come to patch it hard to me to think he will come to emerald dream alon.
    2. if queen azshara will last boss and push sargeras to another expasnion. where will olds gods will come.
    3. emerald dream will probably a single patch or two as 5.3 "perpring to battle"
    4. how we will know that there is something going on in the emerald dream place? we just "wee bored.. lest go se what sup "?
    5. there is lore but no enought what bring us to cata sioation.

some WOW 2 points:

1.where Bolvar the lich king? may be wotlk 2 at wow 2?
    2. can andiun be a king ? (mop as test for andiun for proof he can be a king)
    3. thrall's son (may warchief in wow 2 )
    4. battle vs our own god? ("titans")
    5. me'dan will apper at wow 2? (replace warthion or even medvih.)
    6. horde and alliance together vs other faction? in another planet?

i dont think that should to do a whole expansion about emerald dream prehaps a big patch but not expansion.

so slow down and thing its really good? emerald dream for expansion? i afear that cata combine with mop or prehaps it will better if i say burning crusade combine with cataclym..

thank,
    yuvalal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yuvalal View Post
    hello,

i will right what i think abut why yes and why no to expansion of emerald dream.

why yes:
    1. illidan version 2: azshara as illidan Xavius as Kael'thas and houndmaster as lady vashj. (X.1) Okay then
    2. Elune may be at emerald dream..She's on one of the moons
    3. n'zoth who created the evil deathwing his place is in emerald dream.. He's under the sea
    4. mabye sargeras will summon and them come to azeroth and the battle will there. Emerald Dream is a back up copy of Azeroth, I doubt sargeras would be able to reach it
    5. big land that can to make to all places. for expnsaion.I don't understand

why no:

1. where is bolvar if there bolvar will come to patch it hard to me to think he will come to emerald dream alon. Now I think you're trolling
    2. if queen azshara will last boss and push sargeras to another expasnion. where will olds gods will come. Okay
    3. emerald dream will probably a single patch or two as 5.3 "perpring to battle" Emerald Dream wouldn't have enough content for an expansion, I agree
    4. how we will know that there is something going on in the emerald dream place? we just "wee bored.. lest go se what sup "? Don't think Old gods "exist" in the Dream
    5. there is lore but no enought what bring us to cata sioation. Okay

some WOW 2 points:

1.where Bolvar the lich king? may be wotlk 2 at wow 2?
    2. can andiun be a king ? (mop as test for andiun for proof he can be a king)
    3. thrall's son (may warchief in wow 2 )
    4. battle vs our own god? ("titans")
    5. me'dan will apper at wow 2? (replace warthion or even medvih.)
    6. horde and alliance together vs other faction? in another planet?
    I doubt there will be a Wow 2 set in the future. Possibly a time skip in wow, not a whole new game

i dont think that should to do a whole expansion about emerald dream prehaps a big patch but not expansion.I don't understand why you made this thread then

so slow down and thing its really good? emerald dream for expansion? i afear that cata combine with mop or prehaps it will better if i say burning crusade combine with cataclym..
    Emerald Dream was resolved in the books, also it's a place on druids can reach in a "dream state" so we can't really go there for one. So I don't think it'll ever be implemented unless as a druid class quest/zone
    Bold points are my opinions on your points.

skiping time probably will happand becuse the fixing of SW andiun probably will king and thrall's son will warchief but i dont sure..

Deleted
    Pretty much the game will be a druid night elf green dragon fest.

10+ Year Old Account
    The day you get the expected expansion of the Emerald Dream, you also get a precious new Hero Class: The Dragonsworn

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree with most of the new points you wrote down.
    If they are going do the points you said on a WoW2 ( which of course wont happen for next 10+ years )
    then it's a complete WoW Copy. Wouldn't even buy that =/

Got WoW right here, don't need anything else.

Move forward, not backwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Emerald Dream was done in a book between WLK and Cataclysm. It will not come as an expansion.

some WOW 2 points:
    Never gonna happen. Sequels of MMORPGs have historically been shit, and Blizzard is not stupid enough to try their luck with one.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Couldn't make sense out of your opening post.

Hmm so the emerald dream would basically be players falling asleep to reach some weird dream world? Yet would kinda suck any loot/items we get from there we couldn't use once we woke up. That's not how dreams work. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I disagree with most of the new points you wrote down.
    If they are going do the points you said on a WoW2 ( which of course wont happen for next 10+ years )
    then it's a complete WoW Copy. Wouldn't even buy that =/

Got WoW right here, don't need anything else.

Move forward, not backwards.
    My only argument to this is, direction changes to major to implement in the current incarnation of WoW.

A complete new engine, instead of fiddling and tweaking the very old one (which they do well with for the most part). They could transfer as many art resources as necessary, especially for lower end PC support; but make major adjustments to bring up the overall quality of everything in the game for people with medium to high end machines. Could be based of the Titan engine (if that is a new engine, which it might not be).

Changing the way factions work. People will not accept peace between horde and alliance in the current incarnation. The real war is with the threats to azeroth and the life on it; not the petty squabbling between morons fighting for resources they could share and create a planetary legacy (like Earth). This wouldn't mean no pvp; just could use a system like other games and mark yourself an 'outlaw' (Tera does this off the top of my head), still have BGs and Arena as tests of mettle and having experience in battle (just like our armies have war games with themselves in very realistic exercises to stay ready for combat). They could implement a server vs server pvp element to bring back a similar server community as in the past for larger battles like a classic AV.

It would be a good way to move forward a generation, to tell new stories; such as a middle aged Anduin and a young 20s Thrall's kid. It would allow for the 'peace' to make more sense because of the time passed and the people involved; as well as allowing a down period in the threats to azeroth without making the players have nothing to do ... and skipping ahead 20 years wouldn't make sense, lore/RP wise at all. All our toons would be starting to become senile depending on how long you've played

It would be a way for them to focus on redevelopment on how they create content, the purpose of content ... a clean slate makes the whole world open to change, not limited by expectations and existing limitations. They could approach WoW '2' as a way to change the genre (and themselves), just the way they did when they released vanilla and it changed the paradigm we had with UO/EO/EQ/etc.

The barrier for new players right now is increasingly taxing. Pretty soon a new player will be set to task with leveling to 100; which a new player will see as their 'everest'; this, on top of disconnected timelines, stories, zones, worlds, and bloated abilities that become disorientating and overwhelming. Add to that the archaic idea of 'buy battle chest & old xpacs at discounted price + the new xpac at a premium price + a sub fee' thing that makes potential customers apprehensive.

They can try to stop the issues of 'race to max level' that has developed, which ignores the 'World' in World of Warcraft. (Vanilla today, if released as it released would not go over well with its limited content and lowered ease of access; even to those who claim they want it)

You are right, IF they started on it today; we wouldn't see it for 10+ years; unless resources from current WoW and the engine from Titan are transferable and the teams are familiar with both to ease the burdens of creating a new vision of the game. I believe they'd need a WC4 to help move the lore and set up the focus of the new game as well.

It wouldn't be a complete copy; it would be a fresh start.

Moving forward instead of stagnating is exactly what this would be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    Hmm so the emerald dream would basically be players falling asleep to reach some weird dream world? Yet would kinda suck any loot/items we get from there we couldn't use once we woke up. That's not how dreams work. ;P
    would be an interesting way to prevent ilvl inflation in the xpac following the dream

The Emerald Dream was originally going to be released as a patch in Vanilla WoW, but for w/e reason it was put on hold or abandoned.

The zones for the Emerald Dream are underneath The Western and Eastern Plaguelands. So if Blizzard did decide to make an Emerald Dream expansion, they could do it as the zones are already there...however like the OP said, there may be too little content for an expansion. Time would be better off pursuing another idea for an expansion.

Either way 6.0 will bring the fight back to the Burning Legion and Kil'Jaeden is going to be the major rehashed boss like Ragnaros was in Cata, as for the final boss idk...

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd rather see the emerald dream as a tier of content similar to how we went to Firelands in cataclysm. An entire expansion may be a bit much as i don't see how you could get multiple story arcs out of it that could consume an entire expansion / theme.
    Hi

I thought that once Ysera lost her dragon aspect powers that the Emerald Dream became useless, or whatever

My IQ dropped from reading this...
    Clearly trolling. :\

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    The day you get the expected expansion of the Emerald Dream, you also get a precious new Hero Class: The Dragonsworn
    Boring, give us queen Azshara.

Emerald dream is lame.

While I think an Emerlad Dream expansion is likely, just in no way the OP described
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyanide View Post
    I thought that once Ysera lost her dragon aspect powers that the Emerald Dream became useless, or whatever
    Nope, in Dawn of the Aspects Ysera says N'zoth is looking for a new Nightmare Lord. Ysera is also not the emerald dream, she was just a guardian of it that had extra powers.