Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    We've had cosmetic items like pets and mounts in the store for a very, very long time. Developer time was taken up making new mounts and pets. The ONLY difference now is that there are 3 new helms, cosmetic items, in the story and the amount of bellyaching (and frankly bad, ill reasoned arguments) has gone through the roof.

All of the bellowing, rage and attitude doesn't many any sense. Even if this is the purported slippery slope, there's little reason to complain, unless someone already has issues with Blizzard and need to latch onto the latest outrage.
    You know what doesn't make sense to me? That people are just fine paying for stuff that without their shop needing items wouldn't have cost them a dmned thing.

Blizzard alright guys bend over and let us milk every last penny out of you.

Fandom: Sure go ahead great idea!

to put it blunt.

That doesn't make any sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    What Blizzard did is

GREED
    I strongly disagree. They are selling items that completely optional and not AT ALL necessary to enjoy the game as it's been enjoyed for the past (nearly) 9 years. I personally think ALL of the vanity items in the store are hideous, so I've never been interested in buying them. The only item I'm interested in is the XP flask because I like the idea of being able to level up my alts even faster.

Deleted
    There's lot of things wrong with the shop.

People feel cheated out that paying subscription no longer provides them with full access to all content.
    People dont like the idea that a company has to charge them extra on top of a subscription to have access to all content.
    People dont like the notion of awesome looking items to be gated behind real life money instead of in-game challange.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    There's lot of things wrong with the shop.

People feel cheated out that paying subscription no longer provides them with full access to all content.
    People dont like the idea that a company has to charge them extra on top of a subscription to have access to all content.
    People dont like the notion of awesome looking items to be gated behind real life money instead of in-game challange.
    I didn't know a helmet is classified as content in that way. Ok it would be cool if you could of gotten these helmets in-game through an achievement or something, but you can't so why care? If you don't like it then don't buy it, it's just a cosmetic item. If they start selling USEFUL gear and the like is when I'll personally take a stand.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Really.

Whats wrong with having an in-game virtual store?
    Think of all the awesome things they could add to the in-game store:

-Experience elixer
    -New unique, never before seen / conceptualized mounts
    -Unique and awesome exclusive transmog sets with custom animations / effects when spells are cast
    -Coins for bonus rolls (so you dont have to go out to farm them)
    -Flight training (so you dont have to use gold to buy it in game)
    -Herbs, Ores, Leather, Cloth (basically any raw materials so players who choose wont have to go out to farm it)
    -Exclusive transmog raids (bosses drop nothing but transmog gear, new unique raids developed solely for blizzard store customers to have content to just get transmog gear)
    Why should we have to pay for ANY of those things? It should instead be "think of all the cool things they could add to the game"; If something ingame is not working well, you don't add a fix or an extra in the store to let people, who already pay a hefty subscription (With a turnover of ~100mil + per month total) buy it, no, you fix it ingame or you introduce alternate ways to get coins for example. Your idea, and what we are seeing now, is using flaws of the game to make money, instead of fixing it ingame. Like people complaining about the dark boring unimaginative look of recent tiers (don't care what YOU think, a lot of people complaining is what this is about) and then listening and releasing a coloured cool transmorph that stands out..at last!! but...it's 15 euro instead of available in the game. THAT is what's wrong with it.

Really.

Whats wrong with having an in-game virtual store? It is a more convenient option for players to buy vanity items and other cool things from blizzards collection of virtual goods. Why are players personally offended by the Blizzard store in the first place, you dont have to buy the items if you dont want to, so I dont see what the big deal is.

Its about time they added an OPTIONAL + experience item to the store.

-Experience elixer
    -Unique and awesome exclusive transmog sets with custom animations / effects when spells are cast
    -Herbs, Ores, Leather, Cloth (basically any raw materials so players who choose wont have to go out to farm it)
    -Exclusive transmog raids (bosses drop nothing but transmog gear, new unique raids developed solely for blizzard store customers to have content to just get transmog gear)

As you can tell, nothing on that list increases character power. It would be awesome to just click a button, and have your credit card linked to your account and buy some cool stuff while in game without having to leave it.
    Cool things for sale? Everything wrong with it!

For cool items in the game, instead of playing the game we will have to part with our cash. The function of cool items has always been to encourage the player to "play the game". Now greedy Activision continues to destroy WoW. To the ground, baby!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    Blizzard can say they're only gonna offer optional items that isn't PTW in the in-game-store all they want. I believe currently, that's their intent. But it's here now (well, soon anyway). And I can promise you, within a year or so they'll start offering gear to buy. The box has been open.

I'm not all gloom and doom about it though. I mean, if that's what people wanna spend their money on cool. I do worry about what it'll do to the game. But all I can do is shrug at this point.
    People of your ilk keep saying this and have been saying it since 2007. Still, six years later, they have yet to offer a single piece of gear for progression purposes on the store.

But keep tooting that old, worn-out horn. I'm sure one day in like, 2199, maybe it'll come true. By then you won't even be worm food, the worms that ate you would be worm food.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Syax View Post
    I hate the store. I pay $15 a month, I should be able to access ALL the content. Blizzard's just compensating for it's dramatic loss of subs.
    Yes, you should be able, but you need to pay some more for all content. Just unsub and show them what you think of that.
    Think again, would you do the same if you were in their shoes? Sure you would, if you know the basics of elementary maths.

Quote Originally Posted by XstenZ View Post
    An in-game store is fine, as long as they don't sell pay2win items.
    If I've learned anything over the last few days it's that even if they sell gear in the store, it STILL won't be pay2win because people have really bogus definitions of what pay2win really means.

Deleted
    So now we have lesser charms in the store

Fucking hilarious. Just add gear to the store and make as much money as possible, that's the idea right?

In game store and a subscription...fair play Blizzard the boundaries of fucking over your player base hold no bounds. They don't give a shit and the 100 fanboys who will come and defend them by replying to this post just backs up their ridiculous decisions further. Hell, raise the sub fee to £30 a month, they're a business after all!
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2013-08-04 at 08:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    So now we have lesser charms in the store

Fucking hilarious. Just add gear to the store and make as much money as possible, that's the idea right?

In game store and a subscription...fair play Blizzard the boundaries of fucking over your player base hold no bounds. They don't give a shit and the 100 fanboys who will come and defend them by replying to this post just backs up their ridiculous decisions further. Hell, raise the sub fee to £30 a month, they're a business after all!
    I'd like to point out something most of you still have not grasped the concept of yet.

In 2004, a Whopper combo was $3.99. Now it's $5.49.
    In 2004, a gallon of gas was $2.69. Now it's $3.49
    In 2004, a gallon of milk was $1.99. Now it's $3.19.

Okay, here's the fun part. In 2004, the monthly subscription for World of Warcraft was $15. It is still $15.

Now, do you want to know what keeps the subscription fee from increasing after nearly a decade? CASH SHOP ITEMS FROM THE BLIZZARD STORE.

Yes, they are a business. A business that knows more about being a business than you clearly do. Inflation and the devaluing of most world currency should escalate the price of the subscription fee, because everything Blizzard does to continue to support this game costs them more and more money. However, it has not, because they make up that revenue through external purchases of cosmetic items.

So, you're not being "fucked over", yes they are being fair, and maybe you should learn something about basic economic structure before speaking. Because right now, you just look like...well, I can't say without getting infracted. But you get the idea.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

17 pages? People in this forum never learn.

Deleted
    it would be good if they sold a raid set, just so i dont have to enter lfr, maybe that was their plan, make a raid mode so horrible that people buy armor set to avoid it

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    So, if you aren't willing to pay Blizzard whatever they want, you're a hater? Sounds like you're not talking about fans anymore - more like cultists.
    Yes, because the FLUFF items sold in the Blizzard store are OPTIONAL and are for the fans only.

If it bothers you that these items are sold, you simply are no longer a fan.

Do you went crazy for the CCG card items, the mouse mats or some WoW keyboards ? These are in and out of the game fluff items for fans, not for haters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    I'd like to point out something most of you still have not grasped the concept of yet.

Okay, here's the fun part. In 2004, the monthly subscription for World of Warcraft was $15. It is still $15.

Now, do you want to know what keeps the subscription fee from increasing after nearly a decade? CASH SHOP ITEMS FROM THE BLIZZARD STORE.

Yes, they are a business. A business that knows more about being a business than you clearly do. Inflation and the devaluing of most world currency should escalate the price of the subscription fee, because everything Blizzard does to continue to support this game costs them more and more money. However, it has not, because they make up that revenue through external purchases of cosmetic items.

So, you're not being "fucked over", yes they are being fair, and maybe you should learn something about basic economic structure before speaking. Because right now, you just look like...well, I can't say without getting infracted. But you get the idea.

Apples to oranges..............2013 almost all mmorpgs are B2p or F2p so yea $15 a mo is still kinda high.

CASH SHOP ITEMS FROM THE BLIZZARD STORE have not been the reason why subs stayed at 15 bucks.... infact do you have any proof to back that claim?

They been showing record profits way over their operating cost for a while now

Really.

Whats wrong with having an in-game virtual store? It is a more convenient option for players to buy vanity items and other cool things from blizzards collection of virtual goods. Why are players personally offended by the Blizzard store in the first place, you dont have to buy the items if you dont want to, so I dont see what the big deal is.

Its about time they added an OPTIONAL + experience item to the store.
    I have no personal problems against it, if it is an option which it isn't. The items that are put in store are created exclusively for the store. There is no option to obtain them in game, therefore the only way to obtain them is via your wallet. If you want the items there, you do have to buy them because they are nowhere to be found in game. It's pay cash if you want this item, that's it.

-Experience elixer
    Is there really a need? They've nerfed the exp needed to the point that even without heirloom gear, you out level zones before completing them. Factor in guild perks as well as heirlooms and players already fly through the levels at an insane pace. Why not just be able to buy levels then? It's no different really. You're buying an accelerated pace which gives you a benefit over those not using said bonus.
    Why should these mounts be exclusive to a money store? Is there no reward to be had in actually doing something other then opening your wallet that deserves unique mounts?
    Again, same as above. Why should the only way to have these sets be obtainable be via your wallet?
    Only reason I'm against this is because it gives a clear in game advantage. Those coins become extra chances at loot, which are a clear in game advantage. You can buy your way to extra gear.
    I'm fine with this one to a degree, but how exactly is this different from buying gold? Buying gold is something Blizzard is extremely against, and doing this would be exactly that. Instead of buying the gold directly though, you'd be buying it for the ability to mount.
    No, this is buying an advantage and gold. Instead of going out to farm, you can just buy the mats, then toss them in the AH, thereby getting the gold to use on whatever you want. A clear advantage in that ability is easy to see.
    No. They're already using development time and assets to create other items for people to buy with money that was spent by those that would really want to see their money go towards actual in game content they're going to get to use. This would be the biggest waste of player money and company assets ever.
    As you can tell, nothing on that list increases character power. It would be awesome to just click a button, and have your credit card linked to your account and buy some cool stuff while in game without having to leave it.
    A couple of them do which I explained above. Being able to buy things to benefit your characters is a slippery slope into just buying to win.

All in all though, I have just one question. If you want all those pay to use items, why bother with the game? You're asking to be able to never play the game, instead to just buy what you want to sit around and show off with. It seems fairly stupid to just be able to buy everything instead of, you know, actually playing to get rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Asag View Post
    They been showing record profits way over their operating cost for a while now
    Well that half off character services sale at the end of last quarter was the why they managed to show profits despite subscriber losses for the last fiscal period. They can still boost their numbers that way, but if the game continues to bleed subs...they're not going to have anyone left who will buy such services or pay $25 for mounts from the Blizzard store :P

And really, "only" 600k subs lost in a quarter? I think we're starting to get used to the slow bleed of subscribers, if we think that's an improvement over losing 1.1 (1.3?) million subs the previous quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Better comparison would be comparison with internet technologies.

I won't be seeking numbers now, and they are different for different countries, but they were changing same way for most of the world:
    In 2004, bandwidth was more expensive.
    In 2004, all ISPs services were more expensive per MB/GB.
    In 2004, keeping databases up was very expensive.
    In 2004, it was people's wet dream to have home servers as what we can have now.
    In 2004, hardware was so much worse than now, that 1 modern server would be equal to 20+ servers of 2004.
    Overall, in 2004 technologies were more expensive, they were also far less efficient and much worse than what we have now.
    I remember times, when mobile phones were luxury and you had to pay something like 10$ per minute (can't recall now exact number, but it was VERY expensive) to make a call someone in same city (and recipient had to pay too). Now it isn't something uncommon for people to have 2-3 different mobile phones with different providers. As I wrote above, technologies became much more efficient now. Does it mean WoW should be cheaper too? Maybe not. But $-shop is in no way can be justified by "subscription is still 15$". In fact, it is unethical and is a spit in the face of paying customers. Subscription should be warranty of never having cash-shop selling in-game items.

Steadily making improvements to cash-shop and pushing it into in-game UI - it is like downward spiral for WoW. Acti-Blizzard underestimates incoming backlash and ill-fame.

Straight up....

This is a SUB BASED GAME.
    I pay per month, I am entitled to EVERY SINGLE THING AVAILABLE IN THE GAME!

Every... Single... Thing, In the store should be available in game for FREE.
    The ONLY things that should EVER be sold on the store is mounts and pets THAT ARE designed to raise cash for charities.
    THAT'S IT.
    #nannypolicemoderators

Quote Originally Posted by Kritch View Post
    Straight up....

This is a SUB BASED GAME.
    I pay per month, I am entitled to EVERY SINGLE THING AVAILABLE IN THE GAME!

Every... Single... Thing, In the store should be available in game for FREE.
    The ONLY things that should EVER be sold on the store is mounts and pets THAT ARE designed to raise cash for charities.
    THAT'S IT.
    This USED to be SUB based game. Not anymore. You know, things change, evolve.