Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It'd actually be cool if they made like Challenge Mode seasons - scoreboard gets reset every 6 months or whatever. Would wipe off old times in the future, when class mechanic changes might have a big impact on what's possible in a CM. Especially after a new expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I like the idea, sadly some classes are vastly superior to their counterparts in regards of challenge modes (ele shaman, blood dk, so many others).

Oh well, not really into the effort it for a temporary title.
    This whole idea about blood dks being good in challenge modes needs to die. Sure they may very well be the best tank class for noob groups but they are nowhere near being number one.

In order to pull of the best times in the world you need to abuse vengeance and DKs simply dont have the cooldowns to pull that off. Take scarlet monastery for example, we use diffuse magic AND zen meditation at the same time in order to vengeance cap our tank who proceeds to pretty much one shot 12 of the most dangerous trash mobs in all challenge modes. Those mobs are usually skipped using normal tactics but they are the only trash close and using that trick is so much faster.

Now the 3 best classes/specs for challenge modes are, brewmaster monk, discipline priest and elemental shaman. Hunter also helps a lot in certian challenge modes because of aspect, MD, FD and deterrance but is not really needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RedFlame View Post
    as we are talking about minmaxxing time for a CM, would not the perfect time also be the fastest?
    Of course a perfect time would be the fastest but my point is, the current fastest siege is so far from perfect that a perfect time would be 2-3 mins faster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    Can't get excited by this.

Challenge modes only required actual 'skill' to a point.

The highest time will be the team who has the most stacked comp/the most patience to retry risky as fuck(but high dps) strategies such as no healer, offheals, dk tank , army of the dead spam strategies. Seems a shame for some pretty nice titles to go to waste.
    No. Please, just no.

Posted by Olrox
    If someone can cheese it at all - they're still getting the time not in the good spirit of competition and outplaying everyone else - effectively being the "best" and thus warranting holding the title.
    How do you define cheesing? What is a lame tactic? We've had a small debate here about this months ago and the impression that I got was the community disagrees on those definitions or on their relevance. Players have different conceptions of what should or should not be allowed in challenge modes, often based on their experience or observations of time attacks in other games. Some say we shouldn't ever abuse enemies' AI with elevators (intentionally or not), that we shouldn't reset instances to start a fresh one with an advantage, etc. Would the competition be better for it? I think the answer is subjective. From my point of view, the constant search for ways to improve strategies keeps me really excited for this mode, more so I believe than the goal of maximizing dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they made these permanent, which I see both arguments for and against that, I assure you gold times would NEVER award the title. Gold gives you transmog armor, silver a mount, and bronze a crappy title. These specific titles could only be permanent if there was an even harder time like Diamond/Platinum times, and I don't see Blizzard putting in Diamond/Platinum times in anytime soon or at all. If they did however, a permanent title might be a suitable reward, but until then temporary makes a whole lot more sense. Gold's transmog should be enough of a carrot on a stick imo.

Titles are awesome.
    They should change the requirement of 3 people being on the same realm.
    From a professional point of view: We run 2-4 double carries every day with 2 people playing their own account and we manage to get all the realm best times.
    My buisness will grow even more then.
    Thanks blizzard, much love.
    P.S : Buff monks.

I think the titles should be permanent but have a new "platinum" medal time that is super super hard to achieve. Gold is really too easy to get imo.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    I think the titles should be permanent but have a new "platinum" medal time that is super super hard to achieve. Gold is really too easy to get imo.
    This would work better. I don't think that having titles tied to realm bests the way they are implementing it is good at all from the start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    And platinum could reward a mount that doesn't look like absolute shit!
    One can dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    One can dream.
    Hey, leave them alone! My Moonkin on the Crimson Phoenix looks like a mum carrying her obese hatchling!

I would also like them to be permanent, but I guess only improving the best time for 1 second resulting in a massive amount of titles and CM sellers having a new way to suck out more gold/cash or people instantly achieving a unreachable best time (no healer, 1 tank) for regular groups would have more disadvantages than advantages.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Cant wait for threads like "player XYZ *cheated* in challenge dungeon XYZ so its NOO chance for rest of us to get this/those cool titles"
    You know there will be some
    i love such remarks, it's like calling a gun overpowered in an FPS. Just do it yerself and be better with the form :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Hey, leave them alone! My Moonkin on the Crimson Phoenix looks like a mum carrying her obese hatchling!

I would also like them to be permanent, but I guess only improving the best time for 1 second resulting in a massive amount of titles and CM sellers having a new way to suck out more gold/cash or people instantly achieving a unreachable best time (no healer, 1 tank) for regular groups would have more disadvantages than advantages.
    I only used the mount for one day, back in the first week of the xpac when no-one had them haha
    I support the titles being temp. It gives people something to work for. You can always get a better time unless a group has 150% perfect rng, every attack crits, the tank dodges everything, etc.. Obviously that's an overstatement, but I'm sure you get where I'm coming from.

My group sells CM runs, with us based on two different realm/factions. Our recent carries on Frostmourne resulted in 6/9 of the realm best times (eligible for the feat+title - i.e. 3/5+ from Frostmourne) we jokingly said oh yeah that'll cost you an extra hundred thousand per run. The opportunity to make an absolute mountain of gold from doing that would just promote buying gold which is probably another reason blizzard made them temp.
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2013-08-04 at 10:49 PM.
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

One can dream.
    I like the birds :/, use them on my alts lol.

But yeah this is interesting.

P.S : Your Paladin's guild name gave me cancer.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2013-08-04 at 10:57 PM.

I only used the mount for one day, back in the first week of the xpac when no-one had them haha
    I support the titles being temp. It gives people something to work for. You can always get a better time unless a group has 150% perfect rng, every attack crits, the tank dodges everything, etc.. Obviously that's an overstatement, but I'm sure you get where I'm coming from.

My group sells CM runs, with us based on two different realm/factions. Our recent carries on Frostmourne resulted in 6/9 of the realm best times (eligible for the feat+title - i.e. 3/5+ from Frostmourne) we jokingly said oh yeah that'll cost you an extra hundred thousand per run. The opportunity to make an absolute mountain of gold from doing that would just promote buying gold which is probably another reason blizzard made them temp.
    I also sell CM and I hope the temporary titles will boost the CM boosting scene again, druids of any spec are a rare request :/ And yes, reaching a new top time doing those boosts is nothing rare and the amount of gold you get is quite solid, but I fear I won't be able to achieve a best time on a decently populated realm because some specs are just superior to others (in my case Ele vs. Moonkin, but I boost as rDruid most of the time anyways so whatever).

10+ Year Old Account
    I also sell CM and I hope the temporary titles will boost the CM boosting scene again, druids of any spec are a rare request :/ And yes, reaching a new top time doing those boosts is nothing rare and the amount of gold you get is quite solid, but I fear I won't be able to achieve a best time on a decently populated realm because some specs are just superior to others (in my case Ele vs. Moonkin, but I boost as rDruid most of the time anyways so whatever).
    We'll definitely sell the feats and just state 500000x that the titles are TEMPORARY. Will be a nice investment fund for next expac.
    We're lucky enough to have all the realm bests on a low pop realm, and the times are rather decent (Decent enough to put my alt pally at #1 US and #2 World for prot pallies) so they won't be beaten any time soon.
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2013-08-04 at 11:12 PM.
    Raxxykins

We'll definitely sell the feats and just state 500000x that the titles are TEMPORARY. Will be a nice investment fund for next expac.
    We're lucky enough to have all the realm bests on a low pop realm, and the times are rather decent (Decent enough to put my alt pally at #1 US and #2 World for prot pallies) so they won't be beaten any time soon.
    Or simply charge them gold for another full run if they want to regain the title! Oh, the amount of runs we'd sell ಠಠ

10+ Year Old Account
    Or simply charge them gold for another full run if they want to regain the title! Oh, the amount of runs we'd sell ಠಠ
    I like the way you think....
    Sky Golems for everyone!
    Raxxykins

I like the way you think....
    Sky Golems for everyone!
    I already have 30 Titanium bars and a buyer for the first Sky Golem on our realm (or well, at least on the first obtainable day...). Too bad you play US, we seem to think similar ಠಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    They would bring in a LOT of players for Challenge Modes if they made the titles permanent.
    Then they would be just as lame as every other title in the game. Having only the highest time retaining the title creates competition. Competition is good. That's why everyone who steps food in the Arena doesn't have a Gladiator title.

Although the way the games going you may get your wish because they want everyone to have everything that everyone else has.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Whatever problems Shadow priests have, have nothing to do with Mobility. And Shadow seriously shouldn't see any sort of buff before Disc is nerfed into the ground. Because right now any sort of buff that could in any way trickle into disc, would turn the damn thing into the incarnation of Jesus Christ the Avenger, as the definition of demigod would be insufficient.

Deleted
    Maybe abit offtopic but yeah...

The new vengeance changes, will those affect cmodes? Pretty scared about this because if this
    Is the case lots of times would probably be unbeatable (atleast very close To) considering the amount of damage tanks currently do in them. With the changes i mean the dimishing returns and the standing in shit policy. Thankfull for answers/thoughts!