Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you weren't playing on a PVP server, I play on a PVP server and I am ruthless when it comes to rares/camping spots and such, especially since my realm leans heavily in population towards the opposite faction.

Fly down to check a rare and a pair of alliance are killing it? Gank them both then reap the spoils. Someone in your camping spot or farming your resources? Gank them until they leave. As long as you only proceed to gank them again if they choose to fight back again, like this 90 DK that kept on trying to get me back the other day, Blizzard sees it as world PVP instead of griefing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Was heading over to farm some Embersilk cloth at my normal camping spot and noticed someone of the opposing faction from a different server there farming. Since I was playing my Destro lock I knew I could easily force him out. After about 2 mins of me getting all the tags he leaves. Then I guess he was so mad he decided to make a level 1 alt on my server to send me some hilarious whispers. I just replied with the usual "U mad bro" which seemed to make his whispers even funnier and he talke about how hes going to have me banned cause his brother is a GM or something like that.

When I go to my farm spot if theres someone from my server there I will leave as that has consequences for me and Im not going to be a dick to someone on my own server. But if its a different faction on a completely different server should I really care? I mean first of all you arent even on my server and secondly you are my enemy. Just wish it was a PvP server so I could just kill him.

Really youd leave? taking courtesy to far man, I doubt that player would do the same for you, fuck em lol

I'm generally courteous to other players, but no player has rights to mobs. I won't go out of the way to steal a mob someone is obviously going after but I will kill and farm what I can, and if that doesn't leave much for the other person so be it. If I am in a quest area, and I see someone who looks like they are questing there though I will try and give them room to do what they need to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Normally i would be on the OP's side but... For saying "You made bro" i hope blizzard bans you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Fly down to check a rare and a pair of alliance are killing it? Gank them both then reap the spoils. Someone in your camping spot or farming your resources? Gank them until they leave. As long as you only proceed to gank them again if they choose to fight back again, like this 90 DK that kept on trying to get me back the other day, Blizzard sees it as world PVP instead of griefing.
    lol. You wouldn't want to me. You would never find me as a rogue but i would harass the shit out of you. Last person that tried to gank me when i played. I was fishing and so were they. I left them alone and they attacked me. I just vanished and for the next hour they couldn't cast there rod once lol.
    Aye mate

And this is why I leave whispers turned off and do whatever I want. Let morons rage at me, I'm gonna play the game as I choose.

Was heading over to farm some Embersilk cloth at my normal camping spot and noticed someone of the opposing faction from a different server there farming. Since I was playing my Destro lock I knew I could easily force him out. After about 2 mins of me getting all the tags he leaves. Then I guess he was so mad he decided to make a level 1 alt on my server to send me some hilarious whispers. I just replied with the usual "U mad bro" which seemed to make his whispers even funnier and he talke about how hes going to have me banned cause his brother is a GM or something like that.

When I go to my farm spot if theres someone from my server there I will leave as that has consequences for me and Im not going to be a dick to someone on my own server. But if its a different faction on a completely different server should I really care? I mean first of all you arent even on my server and secondly you are my enemy. Just wish it was a PvP server so I could just kill him.
    My first thought: if he actually has a brother that is a GM and he takes action, then his brother could lose his job. Its pretty clear that GMs can not get involved (without risk of losing their job) in these matters since he could show a bias to one party.

My second thought: what the heck is a GM going to do? Tell you guys to share and play nice? They aren't playground monitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    report him for what? he didnt break terms of service

- - - Updated - - -

it wont solve anything, idiots are on all servers
    Using the "my brother/wife/father/friend is a gm" lie is frowned upon by ALL gms and is 98% of the time a instant ban

Sorry but since when are any of these spots "your" farm spots.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one that clicked on this thread from the main page thinking the OP used the word "Camps" like they were talking about groups of people (i.e. hardcore vs casual, or PvP'ers vs PvE'ers, etc)?

Blizzard does not recognize "camps", this was clearly stated back in Vanilla. The entire methodology of tagging a mob was created so GMs wouldn't have to deal with people stealing camps. In EQ and other MMOs whomever did the most damage would receive credit for a kill so camp etiquette was required. Of course, if you played on a PvP server you could have just chain killed him until he left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    lol. You wouldn't want to me. You would never find me as a rogue but i would harass the shit out of you. Last person that tried to gank me when i played. I was fishing and so were they. I left them alone and they attacked me. I just vanished and for the next hour they couldn't cast there rod once lol.
    Even better, I enjoy it more when they don't give up easy!

Had an amazing moment with Krol the Blade yesterday, 5 alliance (all 90s) and me by myself all camping the spawn point. I'm sitting there spamming my target macro and he eventually pops up after about 15 agonising minutes, I rush in and pop everything and zerg him down while the alliance try to zerg me down and I killed Krol right before I died. One of the alliance saluted me and logged over to congratulate me on a challenge well played.

And yes, Krol rewarded me with an elixir for a job well done, after I had to Leg Sweep a monk and paralyse a lock to get a chance at actually looting him.
    Last edited by Radio; 2013-08-05 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Using the "my brother/wife/father/friend is a gm" lie is frowned upon by ALL gms and is 98% of the time a instant ban
    98% of Internet statistics are made up.

Also, there is no "my spot" in an MMO, especially not in one with 7.7mio players.

/Z

i hate the phrase but if he wants to be cute and string together a bunch of 4 letter words and threaten to have me banned then why not make him madder before putting him on ignore.
    You can get a warning or ban for purposely making him more upset so he swears at you so you can report him. Other then that, you are immature and have no more right to that spot then anyone else. How do you even think you are on your server and not his? You were both on the same crz, neither your nor his server...