Thread: 2v2

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

2v2

So i was having a look at the season cutoffs for glad earlier and seems i'll be getting duelist again (have to be in top 4 of my bg for glad QQ). However one thing is clear.

There are just as many ppl playing 2s if not more than 3s and literally no-one playing 5s!!

Which begs the question why the fuck does 5s give titles/rewards etc, its a completely dead bracket and far far faaar more unbalanced than 2s this season by miles!! With battle fatigue being adjustable surely then blizz could tune BF to be different values depending on the bracket.

So atm BF is set at 45% reduced healing so why not have it at 55% or 60% for 2s?

It just seems to me that as a tool BF could be utilized to allow all brackets to be competitive.

In before "No-one cares about 2s its too unbalanced"-Oh and rolling 5 boomkins, 5 subrogues, 5 Elementals, 5 Blood Dks, 5 Affliction Locks etc isn't??

Hate to break it to you, but you can't get gladiator from 2s, can't get any title actually.

Also, the problem in 2s isn't the amount of healing, the exact opposite for most comps actually. It's about how well 2 classes comp works together against others, in 3s that synergy is mitigated by the presence of a 3rd player, in 2s it's out of control.

Get some clue before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by arandan View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but you can't get gladiator from 2s, can't get any title actually.

Also, the problem in 2s isn't the amount of healing, the exact opposite for most comps actually. It's about how well 2 classes comp works together against others, in 3s that synergy is mitigated by the presence of a 3rd player, in 2s it's out of control.

Please read the OP's post before replying. Makes you look like a douche.

OT, if they brought back titles in 2's there would be another shitstorm about how OP X is and how much Y needs a buff. Rock paper sicsors to the extreme in 2s', whereas in 3s there is some room for error.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandan View Post

Hate to break it to YOU, at no point did i mention in my post that i thought i was getting a title from 2s. The fact that i mentioned in my post that i will be getting duelist again would seem to indicate that i am perfectly aware that you don't get titles from 2v2

Like the OP said maybe read and digest before getting on your high horse, as the comments you wrote in between actually hold some credence for discussion however they are overawed by you being a bellend.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinictus View Post

OT, if they brought back titles in 2's there would be another shitstorm about how OP X is and how much Y needs a buff. Rock paper sicsors to the extreme in 2s', whereas in 3s there is some room for error.
    Agreed, i guess with every expansion and ability bloat it exacerbates the situation, and ppl seem to forget this when crying about the glory days of TBC arena. It was just as bad back then except you didn't have a counter for a counter for a counter.

I wonder how ppl would react to ability strip back cause at this rate the way the arms race is going the same situation is going to happen with 3s eventually.

One this is for certain titles need to be removed from 5s if 2s cant have them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by villie View Post
    I wonder how ppl would react to ability strip back cause at this rate the way the arms race is going the same situation is going to happen with 3s eventually.
    Blizzard is using enhancement shamans as an indicator. When they start complaining about their insane amount of keys, then it's time for some things to be merged with other things and some other things removed.

And by now those pianists aren't whining.

Yeah, 5v5 is definitely a joke right now. It's too poorly populated to even give out any glad titles and pretty much only exists to hand out 8+ easy r1 titles per bg with stacked teams. 2v2 is currently more competitive even without any rewards. That said, with the implementation of regionwide arenas next season 5v5 may become more legitimate.

I don't agree that 5v5 needs to lose its rewards, but it could use a change. The way I see it, all it would take to clean up the rewards from 2v2 and 5v5 is to give them each their own variation of the titles (i.e. top-ranking 5v5 players might earn e.g. Tyrannical Subjugator instead of spreading around so many r1 glad titles). I think it's really only necessary for gladiatior/r1, but you could follow the same model right down to challenger. That way, an imbalanced bracket won't be able to tarnish a title (so to speak) but will still reward those who wish to compete in it.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    2s is literally unbalancable. Either healer + dps or double dps is better. And 5v5 is actually more open, since countless setups are playable. Also next patch every region will have only one battlegroup, which means 5v5 will have again a lot more teams

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noggis View Post
    Blizzard is using enhancement shamans as an indicator. When they start complaining about their insane amount of keys, then it's time for some things to be merged with other things and some other things removed.

And by now those pianists aren't whining.
    wait, what?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by villie View Post
    Hate to break it to YOU, at no point did i mention in my post that i thought i was getting a title from 2s. The fact that i mentioned in my post that i will be getting duelist again would seem to indicate that i am perfectly aware that you don't get titles from 2v2

Like the OP said maybe read and digest before getting on your high horse, as the comments you wrote in between actually hold some credence for discussion however they are overawed by you being a bellend.

Agreed, i guess with every expansion and ability bloat it exacerbates the situation, and ppl seem to forget this when crying about the glory days of TBC arena. It was just as bad back then except you didn't have a counter for a counter for a counter.

One this is for certain titles need to be removed from 5s if 2s cant have them.
    TBC arena was better because of the slower pace, you actually had time to outplay your opponent, thus weaker classes had chance aswell if the player was better. Nowdays you don't have such situation, you can observe this in 3v3. When out of 10 teams, 9 has a bm hunter in it.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Vinictus View Post

Why is that though? :/ Even if let's say druid warrior (this is an example, in no way implying it is OP) is the top comp in 2v2 by far. The people who get glad in 2v2 will still be top skilled and probably reach gladiator or very close to it in 3v3? The whole X comp will be Op and get glad is so ridiculous imo. If you get glad you're skilled, regardless of FotM, comp, bracket, ... Just like people with shadowmourne for example get a boost in rating, but unless they already had high rating they won't get glad because of it, not by a long shot.

2v2 is the most popular bracket (it's probably the first type of arena most people do), I don't see why they decided to completly neglect balance in it. No matter how much people say "nobody cares about BGs and 2v2", they're incredibly popular and neglecting them just seems stupid.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    2v2 is the most popular bracket (it's probably the first type of arena most people do), I don't see why they decided to completly neglect balance in it.
    This!!

Yes i know its hard maybe even impossible to balance 2v2 but i can't help but think that the popularity of arena has dwindled because of this neglect. People new to arena will almost certainly start out in 2v2 and quit after a few games of getting stomped on due to massive imbalance, resulting in lower population of pvp'rs every expansion.

If blizz wants to save its pvp model it really needs to start thinking of ways to fix the situation, they made a start with base resilience and battle fatigue. The next step surely must be split coefficients for pve/pvp it would go a long way to fixing ridiculous burst for some classes thus making every class tune-able without upsetting the dragon slayers plus once the damage is down to a manageable level you have battle fatigue to make sure healers/hybrids are no op.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So i tweeted GC for his thoughts on 2s and got a response:

jamiebuyers ‏@jaybuyers 5 Aug
    @Ghostcrawler Thoughts on battle fatigue having different values for 2s/3s i.e in 2s stronger BF. Could allow tuning to make 2s competitive?
    Expand Reply Delete Favorite More
    Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler 12h
    @jaybuyers They remain super popular, so maybe we just need to embrace them.
    Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler 12h
    @jaybuyers We wrote off 2s for a long time as impossible to balance. We're changing our minds though.

No point getting hopes up yet but at least they are considering a solution which is great!!

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    If you get glad you're skilled, regardless of FotM, comp, bracket, ... Just like people with shadowmourne for example get a boost in rating, but unless they already had high rating they won't get glad because of it, not by a long shot.
    This is not true at all. The facts are this,
    Gladiator titles are given to the best class/comp of the season not necessarily the best players. If said player wants to be in the top 1% they need to reroll/play those classes/comps which is a very poor excuse for skill.
    Now this is not to say that the skilled players won't get high rating, because they will but they will won't beat out a slightly lesser skilled player who happens to have the Flavor of the Season comp. This is how WoW has always worked and will continue to work.

Players with legendaries never needed to already have a high rating to get there, the weapons gave them a huge damage advantage over anyone else who didn't have those same weapons, who typically sat in the 1500-1900 bracket. These players could easily sit in these brackets or keep going up pushing others, that actually have full pvp gear, down.
    Last edited by NickCageFanatic; 2013-08-09 at 05:05 AM.