Thread: [TV] Dexter

Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Vogel ends up killing Dexter and scooping out that part of his brain. Deb finds out and kills Vogel and decides to carry on the work her brother left behind. The End.

So yeah.. http://www.imdb.com/news/ni55990113/

My bet is on the young kid.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

I kind of wish they wouldn't do a spinoff. Dexter is a great show and a spinoff will cheapen it IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    So yeah.. http://www.imdb.com/news/ni55990113/

My bet is on the young kid.
    i thought that too but honestly i dont think so. he already killed an innocent, and may be too old for harry's code. i think theyll try to take him under dexters wing, hes gonna get out of control, kill vogel or deb, and dexter kills him. i wouldnt mind a brian moser prequel type spin-off. or hannah spin-off

15+ Year Old Account
    Definitely a better episode than the ones we've had lately. Still not sure what the endgame is but at least something is actually happening.

Did anyone else catch when dexter was talking about Vogel's husband " He was a doctor.." JUST SAYIN.

That cliffhanger was epic.

Dexter has been going downhill for a while imo. :/ First he's the "family man" (although trinity was awesome), then Rita gets killed and I actually liked that. Next season he falls in love with some stranger, season 6 was okay (I liked Mike Anderson) but still focused too much on Dexter outside of his killing. And the reveal of the professor being an Illusion was pretty awful. Season 7 with Hannah was pretty lame aswell (imo) and the current season seems like it's more of the same . Oh hey, you don't know me but I'm a friend of your dad and helped him raise you as a serial killer DDDD! >.>

Am I the only one who was hoping Dexter was gonna kill Deb in season 7? I kinda disliked her from the start of the show, she felt like Tifa from FF7 in season 6-7 and she's about twice as bad now. :/

I am really excited about the end of this season though, I hope Batista is the one who finds out the truth, not Quinn. Either that him or Matthews, though Matthews is pretty unlikely.

deb makes the show awesome.. seeing her rise to power from officer in Vice to officer in homicide.. then detective.. and finally liutenant...then downward again.. id hate to see her go.. most likely she has a show-down in the next few episodes with hannah or something.
    this weeks episode wasnt bad.. not great but not bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    i hated the kid who wants to be an intern dexter. seriously? the more people who know about dexter the greater the risk he gets found out. he's making some serious bullshit mistakes and breaking harrys code in the process.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkamedis View Post
    Did anyone else catch when dexter was talking about Vogel's husband " He was a doctor.." JUST SAYIN.
    Maybe, but we are looking for a surgeon.

I'm guessing something big is going to happen soon, Hannah will likely be involved in it. 6 episodes in and we still have no clue what's going to happen.

Just like before, they made the Quinn thing look like something huge when it was nothing :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Slowly it seems to pick itself up.
    That ending. About time.
    Only 6 episodes left. CRAZY!
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Am I the only one who was hoping Dexter was gonna kill Deb in season 7?
    Probably. She does an incredible part and is one of the best characters in the series. Dumbest thing ive ever heard discussing dexter.

Batista finding out? Please... he is just a side-show character with no real importance to the show just like pretty much every other cop in the show.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post

I'm guessing something big is going to happen soon, Hannah will likely be involved in it. 6 episodes in and we still have no clue what's going to happen.
    Hmm.. did you actually watch the latest episode? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    The endgame needs to start building. i really hope hannah is not involved in the endgame but rather wrapping up her thread.

i want to see a "hank on the toilet" moment.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Hmm.. did you actually watch the latest episode? :P
    What? Yes I did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    The endgame needs to start building. i really hope hannah is not involved in the endgame but rather wrapping up her thread.

i want to see a "hank on the toilet" moment.
    I don't want to see a hank on the toilet moment. That was awful.

Anyhow, I actually like how this is going. The kid isn't obnoxious and Dexter talking to him at the end was chilling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    I don't want to see a hank on the toilet moment. That was awful.

Anyhow, I actually like how this is going. The kid isn't obnoxious and Dexter talking to him at the end was chilling.
    Whilst I think it's too late for a Hank on the toilet moment, it wasn't awful. It was possibly the best cliffhanger I've ever seen. I am absolutely dying to see the next season.

I for one am getting tired of how easily Dexter has these delusions of connection to other people. I think his only true connection is Deb and maybe pretend-Harry.

I mean, every time, it happens the same exact way, Dexter tries to connect to someone, they either get corrupted or somehow die or leave him in the dust. He has that connection to ITK (s1), Laila (s2), Miguel Prado (s3), Trinity and Rita (s4), Lumen (s5), Colin Hanks character (s6), Hannah (s7), and now this new kid.

In the cases of people he should be killing as soon as he finds out who they are and has proof (ITK, Laila, Prado, and esp Trinity, Hanks, Hannah, and new kid), it's become tiring to watch him make the same mistakes over and over again. He has no growth as a character. I suppose there's some debate about whether a sociopath should show growth as a character, but for a TV series it makes him look like an idiot for someone who is so smart. It's just boring. I can predict what's going to happen right now: New kid kills someone he shouldn't (The teaser makes it look like the next door neighbor, and frankly, what other purpose could she possibly serve?, Dexter has to kill him, in Deb v. Hannah he picks Deb and has to kill Hannah which he should have done in the Christmas Village last year, Vogel ends up being someone trying to manipulate him, he has to kill Vogel.

Also, it seems fairly apparent to me now that Quinn is going to be the one to catch Dexter, especially now with his newfound zeal to prove himself a good detective, and the fact that HE'S SURVEILLING DEXTER'S NEW APPRENTICE. Jesus Christ.

They are not all the same.

ITK- It's his brother, he had a connection and everything was hunky dory until he tried to kill Deb
    Laila - They had a connection till she went bat shit crazy, he killed her after he had the evidence, she wasn't code worthy early on.
    Miguel - I kind of space on this season, can't really remember why he didn't kill him right away.
    Trinity - He thought he could learn something from Trinity. He on the surface he appeared to have handled his dark passenger well. When Dexter finally admitted the truth to himself he killed Trinity (although I'll grant you that he did delude himself for a long time)
    Lumen - Not sure what the problem you had with Lumen, she didn't do anything that you described. I suppose you could consider it leaving him in the dust but she explained things rather well.
    Travis Marshall - Dexter thought he was being controlled by someone else and he wanted help. When he realized the truth he killed him.
    Hannah - Had the connection that he did with Laila without the bat shit crazy. Had to cut her loose when she tried to kill deb.

How are these exactly the same? Some of these have similarities but they're all pretty different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Miguel - I kind of space on this season, can't really remember why he didn't kill him right away.
    He didn't meet the code. He wasn't even a killer until Dexter started training him. As soon as he killed that defense lawyer or w/e she was, he met the code and Dexter started hunting him.