Page 42 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    how long does the buff from the next DoC last? becase currencly with NS i know i can almost savely cast a Ribrth when needed, but i feel with the DoC buff i probely have to check my buffs first before casting the Rebirth
    Yeah and 8 seconds sounds too short.

I think there are a few abilities that bears should be able to cast instantly (two are already instants) without shifting out of bear form: Rebirth, Soothe, and Remove Corruption.

Grats to Arielle for having loot named after you!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy valmer View Post
    Just a quick question on bear dps, how is it with / without vengeance?
    Without Vengeance, there is a huge gulf between all plate tanks and both of the leather tanks. I.E. the leather tanks are hugely superior. You can quest in bear spec and it won't slow you down at all, as long as you pull several mobs to let Thrash do its job. With Vengeance, top logs have us neck and neck with Paladins but behind Monks.

I had RoRo drop for my druid the other day, how does it work for bears? Useful?

15+ Year Old Account
    yes, go back 2 pages and you can see
    Last edited by Elunedra; 2013-08-05 at 01:21 PM.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Hello there. longtime lurker on the Druids page of MMO.

Ive recently decided to start gearing my druid this expansion (lvled to 90 early and didnt touch her since), and im just curious if my gemming/gearing coise overall is decent and/or anything ive done less well in this.

My druid <-armory.

I often feel im a bit low on threat when it comes to aoe packs in 5mans / aoe in lfr such as gates on horridon and such. how do you guys handle aoe packs w/o any vengance at pull?

also curious around these lvls of gear im at should i favor stamina more from blue sockets/enchants/LW patches or should i just go full retard on critt after hit/exp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    Hello there. longtime lurker on the Druids page of MMO.

Ive recently decided to start gearing my druid this expansion (lvled to 90 early and didnt touch her since), and im just curious if my gemming/gearing coise overall is decent and/or anything ive done less well in this.

My druid <-armory.

I often feel im a bit low on threat when it comes to aoe packs in 5mans / aoe in lfr such as gates on horridon and such. how do you guys handle aoe packs w/o any vengance at pull?

also curious around these lvls of gear im at should i favor stamina more from blue sockets/enchants/LW patches or should i just go full retard on critt after hit/exp?
    You have a lot of T14 stuff on. In T15, suddenly everything has a gem socket or two or three - even necklaces and a couple of rings. It makes a very big difference when you have 15 yellow Crit gems like I do. I don't see anything wrong with the way you're currently gemmed and enchanted - LFR Horridon is just a mess because people don't stack and adds get all over the place. In normal, you just ask people to loosely stack around you and then you can just spam Thrash and Swipe to cleave them all down. Even so, if there's a big difference in gear or the DPS are too aggressive, the packs will go eat the DPS. Just don't ignore them and let them eat the healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    You have a lot of T14 stuff on. In T15, suddenly everything has a gem socket or two or three - even necklaces and a couple of rings. It makes a very big difference when you have 15 yellow Crit gems like I do. I don't see anything wrong with the way you're currently gemmed and enchanted - LFR Horridon is just a mess because people don't stack and adds get all over the place. In normal, you just ask people to loosely stack around you and then you can just spam Thrash and Swipe to cleave them all down. Even so, if there's a big difference in gear or the DPS are too aggressive, the packs will go eat the DPS. Just don't ignore them and let them eat the healers.

yeah i geared up in one night so alot of t14 content still ( 441>489 in a few hours with coins lol )

so critt does that much for threat thought it was mostly for rage regen to keep savage up.

and yeah in hc/normal horridon for example is way easier to handle adds. it just felt that when ppl actually weent for adds i couldnt keep em on me :<

also curious if i should try n get t15 4 set or just 2set and rest offslots?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    yeah i geared up in one night so alot of t14 content still ( 441>489 in a few hours with coins lol )

so critt does that much for threat thought it was mostly for rage regen to keep savage up.

and yeah in hc/normal horridon for example is way easier to handle adds. it just felt that when ppl actually weent for adds i couldnt keep em on me :<

also curious if i should try n get t15 4 set or just 2set and rest offslots?
    The tier head, shoulders, and chest are excellent. The gloves and legs are so-so. It all depends on what drops you get. I could have been using my 4-piece for a while, but I didn't want to put on LFR pieces when I had upgraded 522's.

15+ Year Old Account
    was thinking about the 2 set bonus + glypth of FR
    the 2 set gives you a 40 rage FR, does that mean that if you use the glypth you get no heals at all as its not valid to use a 40 rage FR with glyph
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    was thinking about the 2 set bonus + glypth of FR
    the 2 set gives you a 40 rage FR, does that mean that if you use the glypth you get no heals at all as its not valid to use a 40 rage FR with glyph
    The FR doesn't trigger off the 2pc right now, regardless if glyphed or not. So it's hard to tell what the "proper" behaviour is.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    The FR doesn't trigger off the 2pc right now, regardless if glyphed or not. So it's hard to tell what the "proper" behaviour is.
    I think Elunedra has gotten T15 and T16 bonuses mixed up. The T15 2-piece is the stacking buff to FR when you dodge while SD is up. The short answer is that Glyph of Frenzied Regeneration doesn't benefit from T14 or T15 set bonuses. The long answer is don't use Glyph of Frenzied Regeneration, ever.

I think Elunedra has gotten T15 and T16 bonuses mixed up. The T15 2-piece is the stacking buff to FR when you dodge while SD is up. The short answer is that Glyph of Frenzied Regeneration doesn't benefit from T14 or T15 set bonuses. The long answer is don't use Glyph of Frenzied Regeneration, ever.
    Nope. He's talking about 2t16, the FR part of which doesn't trigger at all in the current PTR build.

Deleted
    The long answer is don't use Glyph of Frenzied Regeneration, ever.
    It was quite usefull on Lei Shi.

From front page:
    Thick Hide Increases the armor bonus of Bear Form to 330%, reduces all magical damage taken by 25%, reduces all physical damage taken by 12%, and reduces the chance you'll be critically hit by attacks by 6%. Also reduces the cooldown on Barkskin by 30 sec. Druid - Guardian Spec.
    As much as I love me some guardian buffs, I have to question this a little. With a 12 second duration and a 30 second cooldown, is there really any reason to not just macro it into Savage Defense? I mean you're going to be using it on cooldown 90% of the time anyway. Seems like a pretty poorly thought out way to buff the spec to me.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-08-07 at 02:28 AM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    From front page:

As much as I love me some guardian buffs, I have to question this a little. With a 12 second duration and a 30 second cooldown, is there really any reason to not just macro it into Savage Defense? I mean you're going to basically being using it on cooldown 90% of the time anyway. Seems like a pretty poorly thought out way to buff the spec to me.
    I'm kind of in agreement with this sentiment, it's almost a passive at this point... I'll just pretend I'm fighting Ultraxion in 5.4 for every encounter.

On the same token, I understand why they did it: to help us mitigate the often-occuring big tank hits since our active mitigation doesn't do anything in terms of reducing the size of these bigs hits. Are there better ways to do this in the long term? Absolutely, however I think this indicates Blizz is really going to push for a Guardian AM change in 6.0... Band-aids before major fixes.

I noticed they also snuck in a 10% crit buff to Mangle as a passive for DoC (the reduction in proc rate to 40% being to keep the current proc rate the same with the Mangle buff). Off the top of my head, I don't think this will be a good enough damage increase to compete with the other talents... people can feel free to do the math to prove/disprove my hunch. No mention of the duration of the proc itself, we'll probably have to wait until it hits the PTR to check.

*edit* - Scratch that, did a little digging and it appears the buff duration will be 20 seconds.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2013-08-07 at 02:42 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Well... at least this way, you could keep up a cycle of Barkskin & SD, so while SD charges are recharing, you have Barkskin up.
    So you'd go through 30 sec phases of taking 20% less damage for 12 sec, and then the RNG drops by for a visit for 20 secs.

10% crit buff to Mangle.... weren't people already hitting the soft crit cap anyway? Maybe they want people to shift to using haste or mastery more at that point in gear.

well, soft crit cap is for white hits, not yellow so it doesnt really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by coocoo View Post
    Well... at least this way, you could keep up a cycle of Barkskin & SD, so while SD charges are recharing, you have Barkskin up.
    So you'd go through 30 sec phases of taking 20% less damage for 12 sec, and then the RNG drops by for a visit for 20 secs.

10% crit buff to Mangle.... weren't people already hitting the soft crit cap anyway? Maybe they want people to shift to using haste or mastery more at that point in gear.
    At this rate they'll have to give us bonus crit damage when we go over 100% crit chance.

15+ Year Old Account
    lol with RoR i gues you cna reach the hardcap on crit, i havent tryed it yet tho
    but the 10% crit on magle and magle crits beeying one of our primairy rage generators....
    seems to make DoC the must have talent?

would be better if it was like a 10% dmg increase on mangle instead, as that wont affect our rage generation, since none of the T7 talents affect rage generation
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

At this rate they'll have to give us bonus crit damage when we go over 100% crit chance.
    Ironically, I misread the change the first time I saw it, thinking it was giving us 10% bonus crit damage to Mangle. I'd say giving us 10% extra crit to Mangle is a step in the right direction (Blizz at least recognizes we need something other than pure healing), but the addtion is really a drop in the bucket with our level of crit... unless it's intended to help out lesser-geared Guardians.

I did some rough napkin math using damage distributions I have from current content, and applying the DoC change to the values would have DoC being less than 2% of a total damage gain versus not having any tier 90 talent (closer to 1% in high Vengeance encounters, and this doesn't assume the damage loss from losing GCD's to use HT). The problem is that the crit benefit gets worse as our Vengeance gets high, since Thrash and Lacerate begin to dominate our total damage output, making the DoC crit buff matter less with respect to our total damage output (where HotW and NV will benefit all abilities). If the change goes to the PTR, I can actually test it to see if my estimate is close... although I'm fairly certain it needs more help in the damage department.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville