Poll: Do you like this class so far?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The class will have 5 specs that represent each Dragon Aspect
    There's where the idea runs into a brick wall. As a theory, it fits; as a practical matter it would suck sweaty moose balls because it would crank up the demand for eleventy seven other specs and turn things into even more of a balance nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    No, the dragon aspects lost much of their power and their immorality, but that doesn't mean that dragons were stripped of all their power.
    Have you not read Dawn of the Aspects?

Tyrael this isnt your thread, dont post your spam concept. Which is worse imo

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

As much as I like Wrathion, to be honest if we get a Dragonsworn class concept I'd rather see one that invokes multiple flights and not just the black. After working with him all of MOP and seeing the way that story ends, I'd like to see him do something else besides empowering players to do his dirty work.

As much as I like Wrathion, to be honest if we get a Dragonsworn class concept I'd rather see one that invokes multiple flights and not just the black. After working with him all of MOP and seeing the way that story ends, I'd like to see him do something else besides empowering players to do his dirty work.
    His dirty work? He is trying to save Azeroth from total destruction.
    Black Dragonflight is coming back to the roots of being the defender of Azeroth.
    He doesn't care about factions and so forth, he cares about Azeroth existance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrael the Impatient View Post
    His dirty work? He is trying to save Azeroth from total destruction.
    Black Dragonflight is coming back to the roots of being the defender of Azeroth.
    He doesn't care about factions and so forth, he cares about Azeroth existance.
    By dirty work I don't mean evil. But in Cata he had rogues going out and doing the actual assassination work, in MoP he largely just stays in his inn and has us do all the fighting and gathering and killing while he takes a hands off approach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't stop them from making death knights who are very much tied to the Scourge lore. Also, if the goal of the dragonswarm is to protect azeroth in the place of the dragon flights, it would work imo.
    Eh, not really the same. Death Knights are atoning for the atrocities they committed during their service under the Lich King, thus they work for their former faction as a penance. As long as Horde and Alliance are at war, against each other or other threaths, the Death Knights will put their swords in the fray, for is their only mission in the world to serve their faction; they are instruments of war, and their loyalty is absolute.

Dragornsworn are protectors of the flights interests above all, so their relevance (and loyalty) to the main factions would be due to convenience at best; and you can't have to masters to respond to like that. And the term itself, DragonSworn, is a damning evidence that there is where your loyalty truly lies, and a character class needs enough leeway to have varied possible loyalties.

I mean, Druids can either be Cenarion Circle, neutral as hell, or part of their respective racial armies. That couldn't be true for DragonSworn, their power and lore depends too much of a faction not aligned to any sides of the main conflict, and that just seems wrong. You can't just use the power of dragons with the intention of serving your faction, the dragons sure as hell wouldn't allow such a lack of compromise.

I don't believe you can eat your cake and have it too in that case.
    Last edited by TheDangerZone; 2013-08-05 at 11:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Actually really like the mechanics, but I just don't feel the lore at all. I can't really explain it, but it feels too divorced of the context in which dragons exist in Warcraft, to specialized, too niche. There's no versatility lorewise, a dragonsworn would only be a dragonsworn with a very specific an immutable backstory. They would just feel to seclusive and removed from content not relationated with dragons. For their pandaren origenm monks are just martial artists; that woulldn't be thought as that out of place anywhere

And this is besides the point that dragons are in their twilight; their age as passed and they are not as relevant as they used to be.
    Thak you for your comment m8. In fact, I did not nor do want to involve my concepts in deep lore theories to support the creation of the class. That can be done by you or by Blizzard for all I care =P. All I did was create the class's combat rotation/mechanics to present it as a suitable enough class to be created. Gameplay>Lore.

And the way I see it, the fact that dragons lost most of their powers only means that a new era is dawining for them, not their twilight

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gardrenn View Post
    The class mechanics sound interesting. The only problem I see with it is you will get those random people that want to roll blue or bronze and then complain that they can't do the damage that green does. Then Blizz in its infinite wisdom will give it to them, and it will cause issues. Ranting aside though it was a decently thought out idea that I liked.
    Lol, I hope that doesn't happen because I try to believe people cannot be that stupid haha.
    We have been hearing rumours about a possible support role being added to game so if it does come to that, I think it should be like how I made it here(and in my other classes). A support spec that would have enough dps to solo level but would excel in dungeons/raids by helping others. I think this is a reasonable way to create it and play it and it is not such a hassle, I made 6 already so Blizzard can make a few too =)

Eh, not really the same. Death Knights are atoning for the atrocities they committed during their service under the Lich King, thus they work for their former faction as a penance. As long as Horde and Alliance are at war, against each other or other threaths, the Death Knights will put their swords in the fray, for is their only mission in the world to serve their faction; they are instruments of war, and their loyalty is absolute.

Dragornsworn are protectors of the flights interests above all, so their relevance (and loyalty) to the main factions would be due to convenience at best; and you can't have to masters to respond to like that. And the term itself, DragonSworn, is a damning evidence that there is where your loyalty truly lies, and a character class needs enough leeway to have varied possible loyalties.

I mean, Druids can either be Cenarion Circle, neutral as hell, or part of their respective racial armies. That couldn't be true for DragonSworn, their power and lore depends too much of a faction not aligned to any sides of the main conflict, and that just seems wrong. You can't just use the power of dragons with the intention of serving your faction, the dragons sure as hell wouldn't allow such a lack of compromise.

Well, that just about does it for any sort of player-based Dragonsworn class.

I kind of agree. If the Dragonflights were the factions of the game, I could understand this class existing. However, like you say, there's no way this could work given the nature of the Dragonflights.

Deleted
    I'd love to play a dragonsworn, when for instance you build up power that changes you into a dragonspawn for a short while with it's own set of unique moves/spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Isnt Dragonsworn totally ripped from Skyrim???

Its defnitely Dragonborn...

Im pretty sure this class is gonna exist in Elder Scrolls online... i dont think Blizzard would look good if they directly stole an idea from Bethesda lol
    Because Blizzard has NEVER EVER EVER stole any idea from other games/developers.....
    And even though it's reached new heights, I rather like the restless nights. It makes me wonder, makes me think there's more to this, I'm on the brink. It's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond! I have an interest, almost craving, would I like to get to far in?!

Deleted
    Don't rly like the 2x support specs.. support specs at all should be like discipline priest style.. a healer.. yet not really a healer cuz he mitigates most dmg instead of actually healing. I would prefer one of the support specs to be ranged caster dps.

Deleted

Dragonsworns also belonged to other factions/societies before being called by the dragons. And it is stated in the dragonsworn wiki that they work closely with villages/towns without directly offering their help. So dragonsworns as a hero class would make a lot of sense since they were something else in their previous lives, just like demon hunters and death knights

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brutalion View Post
    I'd love to play a dragonsworn, when for instance you build up power that changes you into a dragonspawn for a short while with it's own set of unique moves/spells.
    nice XD. The black dragon spec is the one for that. Check it out!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Because Blizzard has NEVER EVER EVER stole any idea from other games/developers.....
    exactly. You know the difference between artists and fakes? A fake copies another's work, an artist steals it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by diviner View Post
    Don't rly like the 2x support specs.. support specs at all should be like discipline priest style.. a healer.. yet not really a healer cuz he mitigates most dmg instead of actually healing. I would prefer one of the support specs to be ranged caster dps.
    hehe that's your opinion and I respect it. Maybe there is another style of support spec that you may like in my other classes in my sig?
    Anyway, the blue spec here can still be considered ranged dps to a certain level, at least when you solo with it

Deleted
    I don't mind the idea, although I think whatever happens we'll be having a new class regardless; if only to satiate my OCD tendencies regarding odd numbers, and round up the 11 classes to a nice, neat 12.

I have a gut feeling that it'll be a Tinker class though; though we'll see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muradu View Post
    I don't mind the idea, although I think whatever happens we'll be having a new class regardless; if only to satiate my OCD tendencies regarding odd numbers, and round up the 11 classes to a nice, neat 12.

I have a gut feeling that it'll be a Tinker class though; though we'll see.
    I'm counting 22 classes ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Entire concept feels overdone and clunky. There is no way Blizz would take a single class, break it into 5 parts, give them race restrictions, and then make it functional. They have a hard enough time with a single class available to all races with 3 specs. Tinker seems to be a more likely addition. This is just blown WAY up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Entire concept feels overdone and clunky. There is no way Blizz would take a single class, break it into 5 parts, give them race restrictions, and then make it functional. They have a hard enough time with a single class available to all races with 3 specs. Tinker seems to be a more likely addition. This is just blown WAY up.
    They have a hard time dealing with unhappy unsatisfied forever complaining players like yourself. To me, balance is a myth and an utopia that can never be achieved completely. Or at best, is something that is worked over the course of the game and players will just have to accept it, like it or not.
    So, leave it to Blizzard to decide if 5 specs are too much or not. thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    Dragonsworns also belonged to other factions/societies before being called by the dragons. And it is stated in the dragonsworn wiki that they work closely with villages/towns without directly offering their help. So dragonsworns as a hero class would make a lot of sense since they were something else in their previous lives, just like demon hunters and death knights
    eh, I take everything from the RPG books with a grain of salt, as one should. But as it is written, the dragonsworn clearly serve their flight above everything else, and those are neutral through and through, because they don't really concern themselves with mortal matters.

The thing is, although they could serve Alliance/Horde, that loyalty would and should be superseded by the one to their flight in every case if it came to, and that just doesn't seem right. As I said previously, a class should have enough alignment leeway to be either; and the dragonsworn lore is just too restrictive in that sense.

please not another lets make a new class because i think it is neat thread....................
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

These are certainly creative, but some flaws with this.

A. Green dragonsworn are Druids.
    B. Bronze essentially can't be trusted long term because they become the infinite dragon flight.
    C. So, that leaves Red, Black, and Blue. They should wear INT plate all use mana and second resourses.
    D. Red heals, black tanks, blue ranged. Make them kinda like Dragoons.
    E. Hero class have them start at lvl 80