Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    I clearly wasn't talking about the utility. They nerfed the damage first, then they removed the ability usage.
    and wrong again they fixed dps @pvp cuz each pet was doing 100% dmg 25% was always tooltip then they removed claw etc buffs and utility 4 those summoned pets . this was the lawl nerf. get it right bro here some cookiez :0

I heard "Huge Hunter Changes Incoming", what happened?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volant View Post
    I heard "Huge Hunter Changes Incoming", what happened?
    Did I miss the announcement when the patch will hit live servers?

They are still tweaking the numbers and they have clearly stated that things will still change for Hunters, yet I see everyday people asking the same question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjeff View Post
    HUGE HUNTER CHANGES ARE HERE!!! ------> Glyph of the Lean Pack: Reduces the range of Aspect of the Pack by 7 yards.
    Hell ya now we can all use a major glyph slot to nerf our aspect of the pack! Just what the hunter community has been asking for... But wait, there's more! When combining this new major glyph with our current minor glyph of aspect of the pack we can get the PERFECT RADIUS for pack leading to increased popularity in hm raid guilds and the inevitable overtake of all of WoW. Seriously though... WTF are the developers thinking?! This is the most useless POS glyph I have ever seen. I wouldnt even waste a minor glyph slot on this glyph let alone a major...
    You must never run battlegrounds that have flag carriers, eh?

You must never have Aspect of Daze on during a raid when youre trying to get back, but some of your other members are kinda dumb and pull shit, so it stuns you anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by anisadora View Post
    You must never run battlegrounds that have flag carriers, eh?

You must never have Aspect of Daze on during a raid when youre trying to get back, but some of your other members are kinda dumb and pull shit, so it stuns you anyway?
    You're trolling. Right? Please tell me you're trolling. I'm really not that good at spotting it.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Arkets View Post
    and wrong again they fixed dps @pvp cuz each pet was doing 100% dmg 25% was always tooltip then they removed claw etc buffs and utility 4 those summoned pets . this was the lawl nerf. get it right bro here some cookiez :0
    Guess I'll never know since I don't listen to condescending asses, especially ones who are condescending if someone makes a mistake about the history of WoW of all things.

Can we stop the name calling please?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkets View Post
    The PvP bug was completely different. It did behave like all the pets were doing 100% damage and still doing all their attacks, which was overpowered. It only worked in arenas I believe. They fixed that bug earlier on, then they nerfed it to only do auto attacks with the cobra/steady shots and arcane shot buffs. Now on the ptr it is buffed by removing the damage reduction of the summoned pets.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    stampede has always done 25% dmg for each pet, now they are removing that reduction in pve.

Quote Originally Posted by mokuton View Post
    stampede has always done 25% dmg for each pet, now they are removing that reduction in pve.
    Thank you, that's all anyone had to say. My mistake on the damage.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Long-term (ie: not for 5.4), we will be making some bigger changes to the Hunter class. It may not be a full class revamp (like the Warlock revamp in 5.0), but we do want to give the class a full once-over and make sure that the specs feel different and unique. We are not planning any further, class-wide mechanical changes for 5.4.

We have not yet balanced DPS for Hunters (or anyone) for 5.4. When we do, we'll make sure that as much of that balancing as possible is done via signature shots.
    So, yeah, no more mechanical changes.

Quote Originally Posted by mokuton View Post
    Strictly speaking that is not true. A little after 5.0 Stampede was nerfed to 25% along with Spirit mend on those stampede pets to 25%. For a short period of time Stampede was doing 100% pet damage. Which is why BM hunters in the early part of 5.0 were demolishing pretty much anyone with one button press.

Quote Originally Posted by Namarus View Post
    Strictly speaking that is not true. A little after 5.0 Stampede was nerfed to 25% along with Spirit mend on those stampede pets to 25%. For a short period of time Stampede was doing 100% pet damage. Which is why BM hunters in the early part of 5.0 were demolishing pretty much anyone with one button press.
    It was supposed to be 25%, but it was bugged and did 100%.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey at least they said that they haven't done anything to dps yet. We still have some time and being hopeful for something is better than nothing. At least they know that there is an issue with our dps and might make some changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zidan View Post
    Hey at least they said that they haven't done anything to dps yet. We still have some time and being hopeful for something is better than nothing. At least they know that there is an issue with our dps and might make some changes.
    They will
    Expect to see one big note with only simple value increases and decreases for most classes ie the balance tuning.
    It happened in 5.1 I think, people get too worried about stuff (even though it is understandable)

My concern is that we needed a pretty substantial buff just to get to the top 4 slots where a pure dps with no raid cool down should be.
    Then they took readiness. All I have heard is we ill be compensated for the readiness change. I can not find anywhere they have said they will be buffing us because we were horrible to begin with.

Compensation for the readiness nerf wont get it done.
    You add in how the fights are pretty much all multi dot fights and they still have not fixed our scaling issues and heroic progression is looking grim unless they buff us to mage level OPness (20k to 100k over the 2nd place dps) to start with.
    That way when everyone is geared and our lack of scaling drops us through the floor we will only go down to 5 or 6th and still be viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    It was supposed to be 25%, but it was bugged and did 100%.
    I think the bug was that the pets ignored the resilience and was doing full damage on players

- - - Updated - - -

Btw - next build or so we should have some dmg tuning :

"40% seems excessive. Any documentation of that? In any case, we're still tuning. Next build or so should have some"' - GC's twitter

Last edited by Beoren; 2013-08-06 at 09:39 AM.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beoren View Post
    I think the bug was that the pets ignored the resilience and was doing full damage on players
    AFAIK it's precisely what Tehstool said...pets did 100% damage. I would go into 3v3 arenas in full PVE gear and end up doing more damage than the other DPS on my team despite being stunned or sitting in deterrence the whole time...

- - - Updated - - -

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/a_real_wizard">@a_real_wizard</a> 40% seems excessive. Any documentation of that? In any case, we're still tuning. Next build or so should have some.</p>— Greg Street (@Ghostcrawler) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/statuses/364594871027240963">August 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Just copy/paste the tweet and add quote brackets.

- - - Updated - - -

"40% seems excessive. Any documentation of that? In any case, we're still tuning. Next build or so should have some"' - GC's twitter
    "should have some". In other words, a 15% buff to Aspect of the Hawk and slightly more damage on Arcane shot : P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    "should have some". In other words, a 15% buff to Aspect of the Hawk and slightly more damage on Arcane shot : P.
    Ha ha ha idd. "Here is a cookie for you my child... Dont mind the chocolate cake the adults are having. Now GO SIT IN YOUR CORNER AND ENJOY YOUR COOKIE!!"