Heroic Dark Animus enrages too fast

Hi,

first of all, I'm sorry for another DA hc Thread, but it seems as if our problem wasn't discussed (or I simply can't find the right Thread).

the Problem is, that the Dark Animus reaches 100 anima after the third siphoning.

We are a 10 Man raiding Group and our comp of last Night was:

Tanks:

Paladin
    DK

Healer:

Disc Priest
    Holy Paladin
    Resto Drood

DDs:

fire Mage
    shadow Priest
    Ret Paladin
    Rogue
    Hunter

At the beginning, we kill two adds each near two of the three big golems and the rest of the little golems go into the massiv golem.
    We only activate one massiv golem.

most of the time there was one little golem left but near the end of the night we killed the little ones right on time for the first siphon.

That would mean that the DA would gain 1 Anima from the massive and 2 Anima from the big golems. But every time he syphons he gains up to twenty anima from one siphon meaning that he wipes the raid after the third time.

I only have 4 logs of yesterday but I hope they can help in finding my problem =/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2...pes&boss=69427

the last of the 4 tries is a enrage wipe....

What are we doing wrong that he gains so much anima?

The small inactives have anima. Because you aren't killing them into a second massive you are getting an extra ~12 or so each syphon.

It's official. I'm stupid -.-

thanks for pointing this out -.-

Deleted
    Also it maybe worth you 3 tank, 2 healing. It is much much easier in 10m, not sure about 25m...

We talked about the three Tanks strategy but decided against it but why would it make the fight easier?

the incoming damage at the start of the fight would be decreased, but we mostly can handle it already (most wipes are due to 2 small golems standing together)

How will the fight look like when we kill the inactive golems?

at the start, kill 6 inactive golems so that their anima goes into the inactive big golems and the active ones will be killed near the massive golem?

When you engage the fight you have roughly two minutes to fill two massive golems.

We used 2 tanks and 2 healers.

DK on boss, paladin tank getting 3 small golems into large golems and filling the large one with inactive small ones.
    Filling straight after the second large golem with any remaining active + inactive small.

Once this is done it is just a matter of surviving the AOE and the swaps.

Good luck.

Deleted
    We haven't tried 2 tanking it, not much point in it, since 3 tanking 2 healing works fine for us. But Imo you have 3 tanks. We use our DK dps, who goes Blood but in full dps gear with dps stats, reforging etc. We place the 2 Massive close to the boss, so that all 3 tanks get to bash on the boss with a ton of Vengeance.

The thing about going 3 tanks and 2 healers in stead of 2 tanks and 3 healers, is the difference in the damage output.

Alternatively you could try the zerg tactic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    When you engage the fight you have roughly two minutes to fill two massive golems.

We used 2 tanks and 2 healers.

DK on boss, paladin tank getting 3 small golems into large golems and filling the large one with inactive small ones.
    Filling straight after the second large golem with any remaining active + inactive small.

Once this is done it is just a matter of surviving the AOE and the swaps.

Good luck.
    I recommend this tactic also. We've always done it like this except with 3 healers.

Make sure you have 1 dps helping the tank who takes 3 adds at the start to kill one golem really fast. Makes it much easier.

Good luck!

PS. I would recommend putting paladin on a boss and DK on add duty because of two things. Paladin does more damage, which results faster kill and DK can also reset his stacks of explosive slam with AMS (well, he doesn't get stacks when it is on). Just remember that stcks can't be let too high or AMS won't prevent the stack if damage of slam is too high. If I remember correctly 6 stacks is not too much, 8 is.

PPS. After 1st phase put your DK also near the boss with two massive golems and make him dps the boss to make the kill also faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    We talked about the three Tanks strategy but decided against it but why would it make the fight easier?

the incoming damage at the start of the fight would be decreased, but we mostly can handle it already (most wipes are due to 2 small golems standing together)

How will the fight look like when we kill the inactive golems?

at the start, kill 6 inactive golems so that their anima goes into the inactive big golems and the active ones will be killed near the massive golem?
    At the start (and this may not be perfect, I can't reacall)

You need to kill 6 smalls into the 3 large inactives.

Then you need to activate the massives ~10 seconds apart to avoid matter swops at the same time. From here you need to kill all small's bar one (actives and inactives) into the 2 massives. It's normally the DA tank that takes the spare small.

Do this right before the first syphon and he will gain 6 energy (1 small, 3 inactive larges and 2 massives)

This is basically why people advocate a 3 tank strategy. It allows 2 tanks to take massives and run them down each side of the room killing off small inactives and actives. Drop to 2 tanks and the second tank has to run down both sides of the room with 2 massives to fill stuff up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    At the start (and this may not be perfect, I can't reacall)

You need to kill 6 smalls into the 3 large inactives.

Then you need to activate the massives ~10 seconds apart to avoid matter swops at the same time. From here you need to kill all small's bar one (actives and inactives) into the 2 massives. It's normally the DA tank that takes the spare small.

Do this right before the first syphon and he will gain 6 energy (1 small, 3 inactive larges and 2 massives)

This is basically why people advocate a 3 tank strategy. It allows 2 tanks to take massives and run them down each side of the room killing off small inactives and actives. Drop to 2 tanks and the second tank has to run down both sides of the room with 2 massives to fill stuff up.
    And that 1 tank has more than enough time to clear both sides of golems when dps are on the boss. I like 2 tank 3 healers because it gives more room for a error especially with matter swap dispels in 2nd phase after 1st siphon. With 3 healers you can top players much faster after swap and before the jolt which in turn results into less random deaths in P2.

But everyone can do as they like, I just personally feel P2 is much less intense with 2 tanks and 3 healers, especilly on progress. We killed with 2 healers week after our first kill and while P1 was about the same P2 was much more chaotic.

Deleted
    We've always 3 tanked and 2 healed it. Disc+RDruid as healers and as soon as we sorted our positioning, it was easy enough. In the end, it comes down to personal preference and if your healers aren't comfortable 2 healing or don't have the gear/skill w/e, go 3 healers. Don't really think there's one tactic better than the other here, it's all down to what suits your raid group better.