Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

If the next Expansion isn't Burning Legion?

Between Wrathion whole storyline in MOP to Velen's ravings about the Army of Light, the vast majority of players are expecting the Burning Legion expansion. If it turns out not to be the case and we get an Azshara/N'zoth or an Emerlad Dream expanison, how do you think the playerbase will react?

Does the bottom fall out and the bleeding of subs go to full on hemorrhaging after the initial first few months? Do the subs increase or at the very least slow down their descent. Do the subs stay at the current trajectory? Will the playerbase accept another "filler" expansion?

I honest to god don't care who the main villain of the next exp is,be it BL, Old Gods, Wrathion, the Emerald Nightmare (isn#t that Old gods aswell?) or someone new. if it has a main villain like BC and WotlK, and the quality of questlines, zones and storytelling of Mists, I am sold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would it bleed more if it isn't burning legion?
    WoW is always full of surprises, I think MoP had the biggest negative start of all expansions, I don't think that it will get worse.
    Doesn't matter if its Azshara or Emerald dream, it will be more welcomed received then MoP was at start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

They could probably wring a whole expansion out of building up to the burning legion. It would be more filler, but people could stick it out thinking that the legion was right around the corner the whole time.

Regardless, there's no way to know what will keep people playing. Blizzard could put together some original lore that people really like, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Vensu24 View Post
    Between Wrathion whole storyline in MOP to Velen's ravings about the Army of Light, the vast majority of players are expecting the Burning Legion expansion. If it turns out not to be the case and we get an Azshara/N'zoth or an Emerlad Dream expanison, how do you think the playerbase will react?

Does the bottom fall out and the bleeding of subs go to full on hemorrhaging after the initial first few months? Do the subs increase or at the very least slow down their descent. Do the subs stay at the current trajectory? Will the playerbase accept another "filler" expansion?

What do you mean? How would it be a filler expansion? N'zoth and Azshara are both very real, and both very important villains. Just because it isn't TBC.v2, it isn't a filler expansion.

I'm actually willing to bet next expansion won't be Legion. And that's because Blizzard has said that next expansion, the Horde will spend time repairing. So you think they can survive the Burning Legion when they are not at full power and focusing on repairing?

Plus, with Y'Shaarj, there are a few references to Ny'alotha again, where N'zoth resides.

Blizzard generally likes to pave the way for future expansions. We knew we'd get Wrath of the Lich King eventually, but that didn't mean it'd be the first expansion. I would like to go with next expansion being Azshara and the South Seas/Emerald Nightmare (mix) and then the one after that is the Burning Legion.

IDK, but if anyone is like me they want closure to this game, I want to kill Sergeras (think that is how to spell it). I am sick of the game, and just want to be able to feel that I have played it through to what I feel is the end of the Warcraft universe, and that is destroying the biggest bad of them all.

Deleted
    In all honesty I'm not sure how the player base will take to the news as some favour the alternatives to a Burning Legion expansion. However, for me personally I'm sick to death of Azeroth and want to go to a new planet with a completely alien environment such as Argus or even parts of Draenor we haven't seen yet. Enough old gods for one expansion, lets get back to dealing with the Burning Legion who for me are much more exciting adversaries.

In terms of other options, I just couldn't get excited about a South Seas or Emerald Dream expansion because they both seem tedious to me in comparison to going somewhere like Argus in particular. How cool would it be if Blizzard presented only some of the planet to us in the next expansion and released more areas in future patches and expansions? (Kind of like what they have done with Azeroth). That way they could keep us from fighting Sargares until years from now and base the final expansion on exploring the Titans and bringing down Sargares himself in parts of Argus inaccessible to us previously.

It does seem likely at some point we will get a South Seas expansion and Azshara is an exciting enemy. However, I just hope they can reserve that for sometime after the next one, by which time coming back to Azeroth may be more appealing.
    Last edited by mmoc0d6a2f7f23; 2013-08-06 at 01:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    IDK, but if anyone is like me they want closure to this game, I want to kill Sergeras (think that is how to spell it). I am sick of the game, and just want to be able to feel that I have played it through to what I feel is the end of the Warcraft universe, and that is destroying the biggest bad of them all.
    i think this is a fair enough statement, maybe blizzard know this and that people will unsub after they "finish" so they will just draw it out.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Why would it bleed more if it isn't burning legion?
    WoW is always full of surprises, I think MoP had the biggest negative start of all expansions, I don't think that it will get worse.
    Doesn't matter if its Azshara or Emerald dream, it will be more welcomed received then MoP was at start.
    How was it a negative start if reviewers amass said it was the best expansion to date?

Really another sub bleeding post... MY god these forums bleed with these people
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

if it's emerald dream, i'll eat my hat.

if it's azshara, i'll play along happily.
    <insert witty signature here>

Next expansion will either be Burning Legion related or something nobody would expect like Mists of Pandaria, and that wouldn't be bad thing. It won't be anything related to old gods, enough with the old gods already, it's not even original it's a cheap rip-off of cthulhu mythos. It's time Blizzard return to their roots with Warcraft, lorewise at least.
    In the improbable event my bold claim is wrong, it will be the end of WoW :P
    By the way personally I want a new expansion with new lore behind it, because I don't think I'd continue after a BL expansion. I'm getting old and playing less games everyday and it defeating Burning Legion again would be a fitting time say goodbye to wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i think this is a fair enough statement, maybe blizzard know this and that people will unsub after they "finish" so they will just draw it out.
    Honestly, I may just unsub if it isn't and resub for final expansion since the Legion expansion is the final expansion in my eyes, I feel like MOP is a huge waste of time. I say let the Pandaren deal with their Sha and Mogu on their remote Island no one cares about nor have they cared about for thousands of years. I want to focus on the real evil force and the Legion, if Sergaras is dead who does Azshara have to serve, she and her minions will either die in the expansion or give up.

Then schwank05 you need to play for at least 2 expansions; since both Sargeras and Azshara should be at equal strength and both deserve an expansion pack. I think that Azshara might even be stronger than Sargeras; even more now that she got Neptulon's Trident. The Naga are such an powerful enemy that we never defeated them really. Yes, we defeated some of their leutenants, but did we ever defeated them really? In Vash'ir we saw their strength; they even defeated Neptulon, but even when we helped him to at least clean the water of the squid; we defeated there only the troups of the old god, since Azshara is now in Possesion of Neptulon's Trident. Also a new Legion Addon might be only a prequel, because we would at least need 2 expansion for the legion:

1 to defeat Kil'jaeden and another one to defeat Sargeras. Because we would need to defeat the Legion in the Twisting Nether to defeat them; since Demons cannot be defeated in the Mortal Realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    How was it a negative start if reviewers amass said it was the best expansion to date?
    I think he meant that when it was announced. "Stupid childish pandas, WoW is now a kid's game!!!11!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know why people keep wanting an Emerald Dream expansion. It would be so underwhelming to have such a small expansion (1 zone) with only a single storyline. I would be very disappointed if they went that direction. Plus everything would be tinted green

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont know why people keep wanting an Emerald Dream expansion. It would be so underwhelming to have such a small expansion (1 zone) with only a single storyline. I would be very disappointed if they went that direction. Plus everything would be tinted green

I actually heavily doubt Blizzard wouldn't mix Naga/South Seas and the Emerald Dream/Nightmare, because they're connected.. through an Old God. N'zoth is behind Queen Azshara and the naga, and behind the Nightmare. He'd be the expansion's final boss. I don't see how that's a crazy idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I ment the first time it was announced at blizzcon, like doesn't matter if you looked at youtube/forums/ingame or fan sites, loads of people were pretty upset about it and thought WoW would die when MoP hitted because it looked so childish.
    Nowadays everyone loves it and thinks it can't be anything better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Reviewers amass?

What reviewers amass?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagara View Post
    for me personally I'm sick to death of Azeroth and want to go to a new planet with a completely alien environment such as Argus
    It's not just you, many players think this way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Nowadays everyone loves it and thinks it can't be anything better.
    What a stupid statement.