10+ Year Old Account
    So if it's stated that Frieza is 120 million and maths determines that Goku was 150 million, I fail to see why I was correctd with the numbers with my initial post, not that it changes my point or Laurcus opinion (which he is entitled to, no problem with disagreements).

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by AndyF1069 View Post
    Keep in mind that what I posted was a thought, not a demand.

I hesitated on if I would mention the kaio ken in my post or not since I was well aware of the 20x aspect. Naturally, the kaio ken would need to be adjusted under my idea. During the fights with the sayians on earth, goku never goes above 4 and his body gets annihilated in the process. People like to state about things being canon or non canon based on the tiniest details, I don't have access to the manga so I don't know if 20x kaio ken is "canon" or not. If it is, fine.

If it isn't, then it's easy enough to imagine that the much stronger goku was capable of handling a 4x kaio ken on namek without destroying his body, but still under huge amounts of stress. ss1 is a 5x increase (20% more than 4x kaio ken). ss1 whilst being more powerful, is also less stressful on the body (but not easy to maintain in it's newly unlocked form anyway).

Your signature and the mentions earlier of how people argue about power levels on forums is what prompted my thoughts to begin with. What does lowering the numbers gain? Nothing at all. Would it improve arguments? Nope, people would still debate regardless. My thought process is simply that a liner progression seems better than massive jumps every few years. The androids would still be x% stronger than everyone, but it wouldn't be a gigantic percent increase over the likes of frieza. Imagine the androids have a power level of 20 million whilst goku is at 15 and frieza is at 12 (I know you corrected me, I'm not stating my numbers as fact). The androids are still going to dominate everybody, but the gap is closer than if it were 120 million, 150 million and 300 million (random number).

Also, (serious question, not a cheap shot), how do you come to the conclusion that goku's base power level was 3,000,000? Is it publically stated in the super awesome guide? (forgot the name despite it being mentioned in this thread several times :<).
    Daizenshuu 7: The Evolution of Goku's Power Level.

Edit: While that picture is hilarious, Genn, it's origins annoy me lol. People that apparently left their eyes at home when they went to see Man of Steel seem to have this idea that Superman and Zod's fight destroyed half the city and killed thousands of people, when in reality no innocent people were harmed and they smashed through like 5 empty buildings and a satellite. #fanboyrage
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2013-08-04 at 12:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    but they always fight in cities in superman movies.cartoons.stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    but they always fight in cities in superman movies.cartoons.stuff
    DBZ villains never seem to have a problem with leaving the city. They usually head to the heroes instead of waiting for the hero to come to them.

Raditz landed near a farm, headed straight to Piccolo, then Goku, then back to his ship.
    Nappa and Vegeta landed in a city, demolished it, then headed to Piccolo and Gohan.
    Frieza and King Cold landed in the middle of nowhere.
    19 and 20 appeared in a city, killed some people, met the Z fighters, destroyed the city some more, then finally left.
    Imperfect Cell killed everyone in a few cities. He only stopped going after cities to chase the Cyborgs/Androids.
    Perfect Cell wiped out a farm to place his Budokai Ring.
    Babidi's ship had to be hidden away from cities where it might be found.
    Babidi had to be coerced into moving Majin Vegeta and Goku out of a populated area because he needed the energy from the fight.
    Buu ate several cities. Most of his fights took place while he was traveling between cities.
    Piccolo told Buu to start killing the rest of the world to stall for time.
    Pretty much every fight after that counts as outside the city since pretty much everyone was dead.
    Last edited by Zoma; 2013-08-04 at 01:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

15+ Year Old Account
    Awesome moment.

Who else knew it was Gohan the entire time? I mean, it was totally obvious to me.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I figured it out when he did the Rock-Paper-Scissors attack. Hard to remember, it was a while ago.

15+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    fat buu = CCCCCombo breaker eye wise

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jlopez707 View Post
    Fanboy rage? Man, I remember when you didn't know much about Superman like a year or two ago (I don't remember when it was) and you had to look up stuff to have a Superman vs Goku argument back in the way earlier pages. Have you read up on it since then?
    Yeah, I have. I really like Superman, (the comics are a lot better than the shows, though certain movies are pretty good) but don't get me wrong, DBZ will always be my favorite, and knowing more about Superman has only solidified my opinion that Goku would kick his ass in a fight. It also lets me more easily pick up on bullshit, like when Death Battle said Superman has no limits, (except for, you know, all the times he's died or almost died and been narrowly saved by someone else) or how they tried to mix All-Star Superman into their pre 52 Superman, despite them being different fucking people. Or how they tried to say Superman's striking power was equal to his Infinite Mass Punch, which Superman not only has a really hard time doing, but it nearly fucking kills him and it has a bigger windup time than most DBZ attacks.

But yeah, that was like 2 years ago. Superman is now just one of the many fictional characters I have learned of in my quest to assimilate all the world's knowledge of fictional characters. My current projects are the Witcher and Metroid series respectively, and holy shit gamecube emulators suck dick.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2013-08-05 at 01:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am seeing dbz from the start

OMG WHO IS THAT HANDSOME FELLOW WITH THE LONG HAIR!

15+ Year Old Account
    Where are you watching it Genn? Or do you own it?

10+ Year Old Account
    it is an old game from earlier in the thread

OMG HE KILLED THE FARMER

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    it is an old game from earlier in the thread
    I remember that. Didn't we stop somewhere around the Cell Saga?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I remember that. Didn't we stop somewhere around the Cell Saga?
    OMG ITS PICCOLO!!!! I wonder if he will be friends with this new spiky long haired guy!

- - - Updated - - -

Dragon Ball is not so bad, but i prefer One Piece=)

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Daizenshuu 7: The Evolution of Goku's Power Level.

Edit: While that picture is hilarious, Genn, it's origins annoy me lol. People that apparently left their eyes at home when they went to see Man of Steel seem to have this idea that Superman and Zod's fight destroyed half the city and killed thousands of people, when in reality no innocent people were harmed and they smashed through like 5 empty buildings and a satellite. #fanboyrage
    Out of interest, When did it say those buildings were empty? Because people died, people definitely died lol,Ofcourse that was the World engine doing that, But in relation to the buildings, I don't remember them saying "the city is empty"
    I love Superman just to clarify lol, And that movie owned, I'm just curious^^

EDIT: The reason I came to this thread lol, Does anyone have any info on Battle of the Gods English dub? Because I really want to see it, but wanted to watch the dubbed version, rather than either learning Japanese or reading the words:P

10+ Year Old Account

by zoma

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Out of interest, When did it say those buildings were empty? Because people died, people definitely died lol,Ofcourse that was the World engine doing that, But in relation to the buildings, I don't remember them saying "the city is empty"
    I love Superman just to clarify lol, And that movie owned, I'm just curious^^

EDIT: The reason I came to this thread lol, Does anyone have any info on Battle of the Gods English dub? Because I really want to see it, but wanted to watch the dubbed version, rather than either learning Japanese or reading the words:P
    During the fight in Metropolis, Zod smashes Superman through 5 buildings. You see the inside of two of them, and they're completely empty. It's logical that if the buildings we're shown were empty, the ones we weren't shown are as well. Also, even the Daily Planet people were evacuating before that point, and they're fucking crazy and would literally try to film the apocalypse if they could. Obviously the World Engine killed people, but there's absolutely no evidence that any innocent people died in the Superman vs Zod fight, which is what the internet is readying their pitch forks over.

Battle of Gods doesn't currently have a release date for English Dub. In fact, it's not even out in Japan on DVD yet, so there aren't even any fan subs on the internet for those of us that don't mind reading.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2013-08-06 at 05:05 PM.