Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance can't carry it's own storyline at this time because Alliance either doesn't have dedicated writers, or if it does, they don't care and are wishing they could work on Horde lore/story. Think this is hyperbolic? Read the Alliance story so far.

It's utter trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Genn only came to the game in Cataclysm. Mekatorque had his own patch story with the conquering of upper Gnomeregan before Cataclysm and now is on the Siege of Orgrimmar. Tyrande is one of the most developed character in novels and appears in-game time to time (patch 5.1 for example).

Sure, Blizzard needs to focus more on the racial leaders story and leave the faction nonsense behind once and for all, but take note, before Cataclysm, Horde were all about the orcs with some Forsaken and Blood Elf story in the middle, nothing more.
    Genn is also a massive character with an interesting personality (can be selfish and racist) who for some reason has sat there doing nothing for 2 expansions.

Mekatorque I could not tell you a single thing about his character other than he's a gnome and a tinket.

"developed in the novels", why is this seen as acceptable? A character has no presence in game but if I go and read some book I can find out more. Tyrande appeared in 5.1 for 1 poxy scenario (where she just stands there with a couple lines) and acted out of character just to make Varian look intelligent.

You can talk about pre Cataclysm all you want, but the fact is that pre Cataclysm was 3 years ago (not sure exact date) and crimes in the past should NOT mean it's acceptable for them to occur now. Not to mention again Tyrande, Velen, Bronzebeard, Mekatorque did NOTHING then either, and Varian was only around since WOTLK where it doesn't even show in game where he popped up from.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ariakul View Post
    It took alliance 5 years to fix the bridge in redridge.............are the gnomes EVER going to retake Gnomeregon? probably not in our lifetimes.
    Gameplay issue. Gnomeregan is a dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Tyrande appeared in 5.1 for 1 poxy scenario (where she just stands there with a couple lines) and acted out of character just to make Varian look intelligent.
    It wasnt out of character, she was always a dumb religious bitch.

Deleted
    Genn is also a massive character with an interesting personality (can be selfish and racist) who for some reason has sat there doing nothing for 2 expansions.

Mekatorque I could not tell you a single thing about his character other than he's a gnome and a tinket.

"developed in the novels", why is this seen as acceptable? A character has no presence in game but if I go and read some book I can find out more. Tyrande appeared in 5.1 for 1 poxy scenario (where she just stands there with a couple lines) and acted out of character just to make Varian look intelligent.

You can talk about pre Cataclysm all you want, but the fact is that pre Cataclysm was 3 years ago (not sure exact date) and crimes in the past should NOT mean it's acceptable for them to occur now. Not to mention again Tyrande, Velen, Bronzebeard, Mekatorque did NOTHING then either, and Varian was only around since WOTLK where it doesn't even show in game where he popped up from.
    The "crimes" in the past should be a hint that is not an "Alliance" or "Horde" question, but a question how to introduce those chars in the current story.

Look at Gallywix? He isn't even ingame yet. Sylvanas? She became a non-character in MoP. That's why, for the best or the worst, novels and other media exist to flesh out the story.

Oh, Varian has been ingame since Vanilla, only to be gone in patch 1.10.

Thanks to Blizzard, who failed to design a troll captial, so they had so cancel the gnome captial, and rewrote the story, to tell us, why it is lost. I just want to mention, that this is a relic of Blizzard being unable to create a proper Horde environment during classic time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Thanks to Blizzard, who failed to design a troll captial, so they had so cancel the gnome captial, and rewrote the story, to tell us, why it is lost. I just want to mention, that this is a relic of Blizzard being unable to create a proper Horde environment during classic time.
    Precisely. Like I said, it's not an "Alliance" nor "Horde" problem, it's a racial problem.

The "crimes" in the past should be a hint that is not an "Alliance" or "Horde" question, but a question how to introduce those chars in the current story.

Look at Gallywix? He isn't even ingame yet. Sylvanas? She became a non-character in MoP. That's why, for the best or the worst, novels and other media exist to flesh out the story.

Oh, Varian has been ingame since Vanilla, only to be gone in patch 1.10.
    In terms of Alliance it wouldn't be too hard

Genn - Selfish leader, trying to undermine Varian and causing unrest in the Alliance. His Worgen are ferocious and should be focusing on retaking Gilneas fully.
    Tyrande - Wise night elf leader, great in Guerilla warfare
    Velen - One of the most powerful leaders on Azeroth, incredibly old and wise with visions of the future. Should be offering tactical advice and be telling Varian to show strong morals and fight for unity between Alliance and Horde. Maybe he could go at logger heads with Genn as they see opposite sides of the coin.

Sylvanas may have been pretty irrelevant in MoP but she had MASSIVE lore in Cataclysm, more than any alliance leader not-Varian (and even then arguably more) has since the beginning of WoW.

I'm sick of the Alliance getting fobbed off with novels, sure flesh the story out in the novels, but the thing is lots of Alliance leaders literally HAVEN'T got any story in game past the original starting zone, or ever.

Anyway I don't want to turn it into a "who got fucked over more" debate, because they're boring and have been done to death.

Blizzard have failed for both sides since the beginning of WoW to make a cohesive storyline, and I feel since Cataclysm this has been more evident on the Alliance side.

Deleted
    In terms of Alliance it wouldn't be too hard

Genn - Selfish leader, trying to undermine Varian and causing unrest in the Alliance. His Worgen are ferocious and should be focusing on retaking Gilneas fully.
    Tyrande - Wise night elf leader, great in Guerilla warfare
    Velen - One of the most powerful leaders on Azeroth, incredibly old and wise with visions of the future. Should be offering tactical advice and be telling Varian to show strong morals and fight for unity between Alliance and Horde. Maybe he could go at logger heads with Genn as they see opposite sides of the coin.

Sylvanas may have been pretty irrelevant in MoP but she had MASSIVE lore in Cataclysm, more than any alliance leader not-Varian (and even then arguably more) has since the beginning of WoW.

I'm sick of the Alliance getting fobbed off with novels, sure flesh the story out in the novels, but the thing is lots of Alliance leaders literally HAVEN'T got any story in game past the original starting zone, or ever.

Anyway I don't want to turn it into a "who got fucked over more" debate, because they're boring and have been done to death.

Blizzard have failed for both sides since the beginning of WoW to make a cohesive storyline, and I feel since Cataclysm this has been more evident on the Alliance side.
    Or players really need to stop looking to the story as a factions story. That's the main problem. Blizzard built an entire new continent, with a lot of new lore and implications on all Azeroth and yet we are talking about which faction as the biggest "epeen", especially when the current story goes exactly against that same pride.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    But then the Trolls took back the Echo Isles. So...??? I think you're mistaking things for Alliance bias, here. The Trolls didn't have a capital, the same as the gnomes, because in Classic, Blizzard wanted each faction to have a refugee race for whom things are not doing well. Even with that in mind, both factions get to go into Gnomeregan and go on a killing spree of Alliance citizenry (Horde even got a teleporter to the arrangement,) because Gnomes got a goddamn nuke dropped into their city.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    go on a killing spree of Alliance citizenry (Horde even got a teleporter to the arrangement,) because Gnomes got a goddamn nuke dropped into their city.
    Troggs and Leper gnomes are Alliance citizenry? We learn new things everyday.

Gnomeregan was actually the capital city for the Gnomes. Fixing the bridge is not a gameplay issue either.

Thanks for playing.

Troggs and Leper gnomes are Alliance citizenry? We learn new things everyday.
    Troggs aren't, but those Leper Gnomes are.

Deleted
    Gnomeregan was actually the capital city for the Gnomes.
    Gnomeregan is an instance, making it a gameplay issue.

Fixing the bridge is not a gameplay issue either.
    Unless the NPCs can magically do the game designers work, don't see how the bridge can rebuilt by itself.

But you are right, the bridge is not a gameplay issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Troggs aren't, but those Leper Gnomes are.
    The Leper Gnomes, under their leader Thermaplugg, were working on world-conquest machines.

Before that, Horde leadership was a walking lore joke. Lor'themar Who?
    While Velen was at least known, at least the Blood Elves in general had some form of resolution following the Sunwell events. Draenei went back to Draenor and... nothing changed. The Draenei were reconnected to the Naaru forces in Shattrath and... nothing changed. Shit, the only thing the Draenei had from TBC came in the form of Velen reigniting the Sunwell with Mu'ru's (or Entropius' if you prefer) essence so that the Blood Elves had a source of holy magic following the loss of Mu'ru as their holy power source and that didn't even give the Draenei anything >.>

The Leper Gnomes, under their leader Thermaplugg, were working on world-conquest machines.
    The Leper Gnomes have their judgment impaired by their disease, they aren't inherently evil; go run Gnomeregan as a Gnome if you don't believe me. Also, Thermaplugg's vision of New Tinkertown encompasses...half of Dun Morogh. The half, incidentally, that trolls are trying to overrun anyway. That's not "world conquest," that's not even regional conquest.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    at this point its going to become increasingly difficult for them to interest me in just about any story they try to tell. for me personally a lot of the story arcs that i fell in love with and played in the RTS games are/have been developed/finished. really the only thing left from any of the RTS games that i really care to have any closure about is KJ, the burning legion and Sargeras, but to be frank i dont know that i would even come back to play even if the next expansion deals with this issue.

cataclysm and mop are both dealing with issues that i dont really care about. even though deathwing was in wc2 i was never terribly interested in his story and in my opinion whats going on with garrosh is just something thats been going on since the beginning of warcraft, internal struggle amongst a band of warriors. it happened in warcraft 1-3.

not to be a debbie downer, ive always been a fan of the story of Warcraft but its time has passed i think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh made sure that he was an Azerothian problem, when he nuked Theramore and went on a WMDs search. The rebellion is an internal issue, Garrosh wanting to destroy the Alliance and make Azeroth his to control is not.
    NO!! That's called WAR.. Theramore was and still is, a valid target.. Jaina had, on more than one occation, violated her self-proclaimed neutrality. Civilians had a whole week notice to leave the city, before it was removed from the surface of the planet. Any warchief of the Horde would have razed the city, not just Garrosh.
    This is why, Garrosh is NOT an Aliance problem, the WAR is a problemfor Alliance..

There is not a single action, against the Alliance,that reflect directly back to Garrosh. It might reflect back on "the Warchief", but that's far from the same thing!
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Gnomeregan is an instance, making it a gameplay issue.

Unless the NPCs can magically do the game designers work, don't see how the bridge can rebuilt by itself.

But you are right, the bridge is not a gameplay issue.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a dungeon instance called "gnomeregon" inside gnomeregon. when you first go into the city of gnomergon, its not an instance.

Like i stated, it took 5 years for the devs to fix the bridge.................... seems everything alliance side is half a$$ed or partially written and then given up on.

Thats probably why I switched all my toons to horde.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    NO, I'll make a border thing and put it in all caps, so you can't pretend anymore it wasn't said
    People do read it. The problem is you are wrong. The very fact you are trying to make the claim the Alliance races had as much development as the Hordes is plainly ridiculous.

EJL