Poll: Kiel or Gnashblade?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    then we should stage a mutiny...but watch out for the Lionguard
    Yes MUTINY! Bring her down!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still question the whole 52/48 thing between the 2. Guess it would have helped having an ingame tally to show votes but ya....every single time they showed numbers they were exactly the same percent wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    Still question the whole 52/48 thing between the 2. Guess it would have helped having an ingame tally to show votes but ya....every single time they showed numbers they were exactly the same percent wise.
    The first few days of voting pretty much decides who wins. Without anything to fluctuate the votes like more incentives or propaganda it's unlikely the voting percentages would change.

Now what do I do with all of these support buttons.

Wish they had something to do with these event currencies after the event is over other than just deleting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Now what do I do with all of these support buttons.

Wish they had something to do with these event currencies after the event is over other than just deleting them.
    They didn't give anything specific besides voting and completing achievements so it's expected they wouldn't do anything new

Deleted
    Immersion wise, I think people should only be able to vote for 1 person. Choose which mini you want to get etc.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Immersion wise, I think people should only be able to vote for 1 person. Choose which mini you want to get etc.
    While that would make it more immersive, having to choose rewards along with having events around for small amounts of time doesn't exactly go well. I may not be into minis but knowing the rewards for something, putting in all this work just to find out I have to choose on a reward? Not my idea of a good time(hated it with WoW challenge modes and even if they are just minis I don't like having to choose a one time deal).

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    While that would make it more immersive, having to choose rewards along with having events around for small amounts of time doesn't exactly go well. I may not be into minis but knowing the rewards for something, putting in all this work just to find out I have to choose on a reward? Not my idea of a good time(hated it with WoW challenge modes and even if they are just minis I don't like having to choose a one time deal).
    Until minis server a purpose in this particular case it's not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Heralds are now saying kiel won.

/sigh

boring fractal, boring council member with a boring backstory about how she drowned, being a lap dog for that boring norn and then she steals all the credit for other peoples work.

Lovely
    Ugh, people only really voted for her for like two reasons.
    1. Gnashblade is a charr and he's had really hardly any development inside the game. Kiel's a familiar character, even if she does totally suck.
    This is the biggest reason I've seen:
    2. Tits.

I hope we never see her again, personally. She's exactly as you said.
    And yay, another asura fractal. Because we totally needed yet another asura fractal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    Ugh, people only really voted for her for like two reasons.
    1. Gnashblade is a charr and he's had really hardly any development inside the game. Kiel's a familiar character, even if she does totally suck.
    This is the biggest reason I've seen:
    2. Tits.

I hope we never see her again, personally. She's exactly as you said.
    And yay, another asura fractal. Because we totally needed yet another asura fractal.
    So it has nothing to do with people being interested in the reactor, people preferring WP discount over RNG discount, people not caring about Abaddon after he was over-used as the big baddie behind every baddie in GW1? It's JUST the two reasons you listed?

Quote Originally Posted by Matheren View Post
    So it has nothing to do with people being interested in the reactor, people preferring WP discount over RNG discount, people not caring about Abaddon after he was over-used as the big baddie behind every baddie in GW1? It's JUST the two reasons you listed?
    For the most part, really. The arguments I heard over her was really over tits, not being a furry, and the fact Gnashblade comes out of nowhere. Another argument was because Gnashblade was somehow overrated, so they needed to vote for Kiel who is clearly the underdog, since she won and had all the character development while Gnashblade had none. (Check the forums.) I heard nothing about the WP costs, since it was a shit bonus and it just lasts for 4 weeks. WP costs are already dirt cheap. I heard a few arguments for Thaumanova, but not nearly as much as furries and tits and 'Kiel is underdog'.

It really just boils down to Kiel having a story while Gnashblade is a character that comes out of nowhere. There are most reasons than the two I listed, but I mostly heard arguments not over the things she gave us and just the fact people knew her better than they knew Gnashblade. She was a familiar face.

funny thing is, Kiel is one of the least sexualized females in the game. So really "tits" is a cop out answer.

Deleted
    tits, really? as Doozer said, she is the most not sexualized female in game, and that's saying something in a game with the feathered cloth set.

I'm tired of Kiel. She was never a particularly interesting NPC to start and I'm sorry, but her haircut alone rules her out of being "sexy". I hate bobs. :P (Sexy in GW2's human world is Countess Anise, IMO.) People were saying putting her on the council will keep her out of the field. GOOD. Normally I like some consistency in NPCs (especially since besides Trahearne there was basically none in the personal story), but she is so uninteresting to me.

As far as character only was concerned, I loved Evon. Course, I love Charr so I'm biased. ;D I really hope that without him on the council maybe we'll start seeing him more in other parts of the Living Story, especially since he's woefully underdeveloped. Personality wise, I thought he was perfect for politics too.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    funny thing is, Kiel is one of the least sexualized females in the game. So really "tits" is a cop out answer.
    It's a cop out answer, but I talked to a bunch of people and they replied 'tits'. I thought it was odd, considering that she was -never- in skimpy sets (that would 'display' her boobs, like Countess Anise.). A lot of people told me she was sexy to them. I guess that's ok, but really? Is that the only reason why they're voting?

Also, let me add that these people had no idea who either of the characters were and were casual players.

tits, really? as Doozer said, she is the most not sexualized female in game, and that's saying something in a game with the feathered cloth set.
    That set. My friend and I always joke about how bad that one is.
    Although, I dunno, the set you get at first is sluttier than that one. Gross miniskirt with upskirt views that are completely intentional. It's like anime schoolgirl kinda creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    It's a cop out answer, but I talked to a bunch of people and they replied 'tits'. I thought it was odd, considering that she was -never- in skimpy sets (that would 'display' her boobs, like Countess Anise.). A lot of people told me she was sexy to them. I guess that's ok, but really? Is that the only reason why they're voting?

Also, let me add that these people had no idea who either of the characters were and were casual players.
    No way to know how widespread that was of course. I saw a lot of "I want Abaddon!" stuff, but not really anything for Evon himself other than an occasional "I like Charr". No one was thrilled about waypoint fees of course, but I never heard anyone even mention lower key costs.

That set. My friend and I always joke about how bad that one is.
    Although, I dunno, the set you get at first is sluttier than that one. Gross miniskirt with upskirt views that are completely intentional. It's like anime schoolgirl kinda creepy.
    My Asura has the Vigil set with the brush on his head (though it doesn't look as "Marvin the Martian" as some of them do on Asura). Sometimes when I appear at a waypoint, a norn in a skirt will be there. I wonder if the bristles tickle?

Deleted
    And here I was, thinking that GW2 had one of the mature player bases in the MMOS. Kiel winning dispelled that
    Like seriously, you might as well vote for a block of ice, Kiel has about the same amount of personality.
    And yay for getting another fucking asura place to dredge through!

Also. I was talking about the voting results to some friends who were equally disappointed, and they brought the possibility that the voting was rigged - ie. Anet wasn't really counting the votes, they were going to make Kiel win from the very start.
    Why? 1) Thaumanova reactor will be cheaper to create, compared to Fall of Abaddon. Just re-use some of the million asura/inquest places that are in the game, add some explosions.
    2) cheaper Black Lion keys would mean less money for Anet.
    3) to appease feminists and "i want boobies" virgin boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Horymir View Post
    And here I was, thinking that GW2 had one of the mature player bases in the MMOS. Kiel winning dispelled that
    Like seriously, you might as well vote for a block of ice, Kiel has about the same amount of personality.
    While she's not the best detailed npc, I do think Kiel has been a good motivator/ npc throughout her usage so far. By contrast, Evon is a complete unknown who has never done anything at all, ever, so in any comparison I'd give the edge to Kiel.

In contrast though, if Kiel had lost I'd think they'd still use her in the story, not sure about Evon, so voting for Evon might have meant another fleshed out character. Him losing could still lead to stuff though, if he's a vindictive type. Really though, other than Magnus (who we met some in the last few months), do any of the Council matter at all?

And yay for getting another fucking asura place to dredge through!
    Yay indeed! Though I agree that the background might look similar to other Asuran areas, I have high hopes that the failure to contain the crystal energy will have some nice stuff to it. In the reactor area itself it causes an area to snow and ports in all sorts of animals, so we'll see.

I've already explained why I think Abaddon would be a bad fractal.

Also. I was talking about the voting results to some friends who were equally disappointed, and they brought the possibility that the voting was rigged - ie. Anet wasn't really counting the votes, they were going to make Kiel win from the very start.
    Why? 1) Thaumanova reactor will be cheaper to create, compared to Fall of Abaddon. Just re-use some of the million asura/inquest places that are in the game, add some explosions.
    2) cheaper Black Lion keys would mean less money for Anet.
    3) to appease feminists and "i want boobies" virgin boys.
    I doubt they rigged it, but it would have been funny if the vote hadn't mattered for some in game reason. Like everyone votes, Evon wins by a landslide, then they reveal he cheated and the real results are revealed later on. Or maybe a big thing about Evon's buying votes.

Maybe Kiel's win will be revealed to be a plot of Magnus, causing a divide among the council.

Or Evon can simply gack another council member and get on the Council anyway...

(I don't know that cheaper black lion keys would mean less money, since more folks might buy them up during the 4 weeks)

Hey guys, I'm posting here because my friend and I had a chance to talk to one of the actual designers of the event in-game. He said the team had a chance of actually making both fractals, seeing as how players wanted them both so badly and the votes were quite close. However, they're only considering it, so keep that in mind.

About a discount on keys meaning arenanet would make less money... that's possible but it's also entirely possible people who wouldn't buy the keys otherwise would buy them because they are on sale which in the four week period would net them more money than they usually get for the keys. In general that is most of the reason businesses do sales at all. Honestly if they were going to rig it I would have thought it would go the other direction.

Honestly I wouldn't be too surprised if they were considering doing Abaddon as well considering they are pretty responsive to people, though I still feel like it would be much better as a full dungeon.