Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Emerald Dream Expac?

Considering that a logical Sargeras fight would be for a raid of level 100 adventurers, and the fact that the new expansions as of late have been raising the cap by five levels, it is very possible that there would be a level 95 expansion before we go on to Burning Legion (besides, Blizzard would want to keep people playing WoW at least until project Titan is officially announced in a few years). Another reason supporting this is that we still have the Emerald Nightmare plot line to explore. It would also make for a very good new 'continent' as well.

Your thoughts?

Please God no, the Emerald dream/nightmare is a ridiculously dull concept and a lot will have to be extrapolated and forced to even make it work.

There's far better ideas out there

Deleted
    well, if blizzard want people to play their game, they need to put their fingers out of thei ass, just to say it nicely.

People have been waiting for Emerald Dream xpac since before BC. I doubt it will be its own thing. A raid/daily quest zone? Sure as part of the deep sea N'Zoth story, totally! But it's just too shallow for a whole xpac.

Another thing with the new talent system, I doubt we will hit lvl 95 as a cap. I could see going all to 100, the. Have 5 or 10 teirs of abilities. So 100 for argus xpac, 110 for deep sea, 120 for Titan xpac.

I want Emerald Dream. Badly. I'm just going to cross-post something from another thread from about a month back:

Quote Originally Posted by Leare315 View Post
    Way before the well of eternity blew up and broke the world into pieces(current continents) It was one mass of land. The titans made a backup copy of it and stuck it in the emerald dream. Then (azerothian) history happened and we get the world we have today. The emerald dream, however, is like a prehistoric azeroth, and it's been overrun by old god influence, and is completely without civilization(or should be).
    This is exactly why I want this expansion.

Also, these are some of the art assets that may indicate what the Emerald Dream would look like in-game. Note that these are all very, very old, like, BC old, but that they are simply an indicator of what it may look like if we ever get it. Take the images and imagine Mists quality, plus, obviously, a finished product, versus the unfinished assets pictured.

The factions and "players" we'd most likely see would be druids, druidic organizations, the green dragonflight, satyrs, Old Gods, Old God minions, creatures and animals pre-dating intelligent Azerothian life, and forms of all the above corrupted by the Nightmare, in addition to any other creatures and factions created or added by Blizzard to further flesh out an expansion.

Don't forget that, even though there was a novel "dealing" with the Emerald Nightmare, the Nightmare was only pushed back to the Rift of Aln, not destroyed or stopped. It was "reset," essentially. Now that Ysera has lost most of if not all of her Aspect-granted powers, the Dream is at greater risk than ever. Ysera always hd her eyes closed while walking the waking world, to continue to watch the Dream. She opened them in Cataclysm, giving her full attention to Deathwing and allowing the Dream and the Nightmare to become less guarded.

The Emerald Nightmare plot was largely resolved in the Stormrage novel. I'd expect something like Firelands and the Molten Front as a final resolution for the Nightmare.

Anyone who doesn't think Emerald Dream can be an expansion needs to go back and look at the past year of WoW. MoP was almost completely new, a single name of an island made a huge blown continent. Emerald dream has more of a foundation in lore and can do better.

I doubt 95-100 we'd fight Sargeras. It's a bit too early for him. They said they're talking as far ahead as 3 expansions down the road, so I'd say it'd be awhile before we fight him.

Sargeras won't be at level 100 I am sure of that since WoW ain't stopping that.

Also from the last Activision call where Mike Morhaime said that Titan won't be a subscription based MMO for me at least somewhat indicates that they aren't building on it as the WoW replacer but to work alongside with it having a completely different theme in that game + this is my own suspicion but I think they aren't too confident that it will be as great as WoW and take it's place as the best MMO.

I thought it was dumb that they tied up the Emerald Dream plotline in a novel. There was a lot of potential there left to explore.

I've always felt that if there was any way to repair the damage done by the Shattering, it would be through the Emerald Dream. I would love to see them make use of global phasing technology to let you travel between Azeroth and the Dream for each zone (or cap it to specific zones even).

The legion is so vast it stretches over many worlds and titans are GODS! It could be many xpacs of fighting them. The dream is just a near empty zone with one threat the nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    People have been waiting for Emerald Dream xpac since before BC. I doubt it will be its own thing. A raid/daily quest zone? Sure as part of the deep sea N'Zoth story, totally! But it's just too shallow for a whole xpac.
    Definitely not too shallow. If they'd make it just a raid or dungeon that would be truly dissapointing and result in even more sublosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Please God no, the Emerald dream/nightmare is a ridiculously dull concept and a lot will have to be extrapolated and forced to even make it work.

There's far better ideas out there
    This. I'm so tired of hearing about the Emerald Dream. It sounded stupid the first time I heard about it and it still sounds stupid today.

Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Definitely not too shallow. If they'd make it just a raid or dungeon that would be truly dissapointing and result in even more sublosses.
    I can't think there's too many people who'd unsub over not being able to go through 4 zones fighting pissed off and corrupted tigers and boars

People who think the Emerald Dream would be boring, or doens't have enough content, or is too shallow, or is just going to be fighting corrupted animals the entire time are very reminiscent of the people who did and still think that Mists is childish- close-minded, unobservant, and unimaginative people who won't or can't think about the larger story shapes and implications of a plot thread, or are afraid of a message of peace, tranquility, or preservation threatening their "coolness."

However, you're never going to convince someone like that that there is something "more" to a story they're determined to hate.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see it as an expac, but I could see it as a raid patch.

C'thun was a raid patch. Yagg was a raid patch. N'zoth could be a raid patch.

One could argue that DW was a tool of the old gods, so all of Cata was indirectly an Old God expac, but no Old God was directly faced.
    One could argue the Sha are all remnants of Y'Shaarj, so all of Mists was indirectly an Old God expac, but he's dead, so not faced.

I guess BC was the only expac that didn't have Old God content, but then the vast majority of it took place on another planet.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stormrage. That is all I'll say.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I can't think there's too many people who'd unsub over not being able to go through 4 zones fighting pissed off and corrupted tigers and boars
    Exactly, no one gives a rats ass about an all green xpac! A 5 man, a raid, and a daily hub with a scenario... Would that keep Emerald dream fan boys happy? Also, WoW is losing subs because its OLD and people are just getting tired of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Considering that a logical Sargeras fight would be for a raid of level 100 adventurers, and the fact that the new expansions as of late have been raising the cap by five levels, it is very possible that there would be a level 95 expansion before we go on to Burning Legion (besides, Blizzard would want to keep people playing WoW at least until project Titan is officially announced in a few years). Another reason supporting this is that we still have the Emerald Nightmare plot line to explore. It would also make for a very good new 'continent' as well.

Your thoughts?
    Nope, no nada, nix.
    it was done in a book, if Alliance lore is delt in a book so can it very well be dealt with in a book, there is no buildings as far as we know, and only DRUDIS allowed into the dream, apart from the odd-occasions of the green dragons pushing ous through into the dream to save them or move someone else.(staghelm).

There is far more better ideas, but part of a expansion like..put in together with south sea area etc.

I thought it was dumb that they tied up the Emerald Dream plotline in a novel. There was a lot of potential there left to explore.

I've always felt that if there was any way to repair the damage done by the Shattering, it would be through the Emerald Dream. I would love to see them make use of global phasing technology to let you travel between Azeroth and the Dream for each zone (or cap it to specific zones even).
    Welcome to Current Alliance lore Showing up.

but back OT: as it's own expansion no way it can hold, i'd quit that expansion for sure, i woulden't really care much about it, i'd level slowly probably going through the quests etc reading them ALL.

Those screenshots look a bit like MoP, if you know what I mean

Seeing the Nightmare is still there to an extent I'd imagine it could be a raid/zone like Firelands in 4.2 in an expansion revolving around N'zoth, an expansion that could also take us down to Azshara. I'd like to see what could be done with the Emerald Dream though. I think we'll see something with it someday.