Poll: Should LFD ever been implemented?

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    And again, despite it being explained in the previous page, the same canned answer is still repeated. How original.

So let's repeat it again : the point of having to group with people was that it added the social aspect in the game. Removing this need to FIND and GROUP WITH people, all replaced with the push of a button, REMOVE the social aspect.
    So yeah, we could still group with people we knew. That's not the point. That's actually the problem : no social part in the game anymore.

Though considering how many times this point is explained and it still didn't manage to penetrate the thick skulls of people who don't want to get it, I have no hope that it will have any success this time.
    And you dear sir, is rehashing the same old arguement. What you are advocating is that people should manually find group in trade chat like before. What you refuse to listen is that is not an option for some people. For you, this is their problem. If they cannot find group, too bad, no dungeons for them. For people like you, who have no trouble with finding people and friends, it works for well for you.

As it has been mentioned by many people, spamming trade chat for over an hours to find people for one dungeon is not something they want to do. Again this is their experience. Yours is very different because you have no trouble making new friends in tradechat in minutes.

The social aspect in dungeon runs? Sure there were exchange pleasanturies. But once the dungeons run was over, people went their seperate ways. Adding people to friends list? Only if you happen to be a tank or healer. This is not making friends in my opinion, it is simply adding people of value to your list. Again, your experience differs. You make friends easily in your dungeons. That is your experience.

Some people prefer to make friends in guilds. That is their choice. That is their style. You want to make friends in dungeons or tradechat, that is your choice. I personally do not socialize with random people I meet on the train or buses. I do that with peole I meet regularly, like in my guild.

People play differenty. Stop calling people thick skulls because their experience or preference differs from yours please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    It's a great analogy and I thank you for coming up with it. You don't like email, then write letters. Stop trying to get emails banned so everyone will be forced to write letters.
    I'm just sorry new players won't be able to experience that magic part of wow and instead will be catapulted into this single player abomination.
    Apparently, looking at the data, new players know that, recognise it, and obviously move away as fast as they can.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, so WoW's not MMO enough for you. Go play a game that fits your idea of MMO better.
    I don't know if you realised yet, but people are doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    If anything, I loved the journey of running to the dungeon entrance. Doing that added some depth. I especially loved running to and finding Maraudon, quite the contrary to popular opinion. lol

All in all, LFD is a good tool, but I miss running to the entrance.
    You, sir, is a sadist.

But I do agree I miss the running to the entrance in general.

Deleted
    OK, so WoW's not MMO enough for you. Go play a game that fits your idea of MMO better.
    Also, why don't YOU go play a game that's faster, more efficient, and less chitty chatty huh? Who are you to tell another gamer to leave the game he loves because you think it has to change?

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Also, why don't YOU go play a game that's faster, more efficient, and less chitty chatty huh? Who are you to tell another gamer to leave the game he loves because you think it has to change?
    Wait, what? WoW has LFD/LFR. I like LFD/LFR. I play WoW. Why would I go to another game if I like the game I'm playing now?

Deleted
    yes but not in the way it was implented, what they should have done is upgrade the old summoning stones in front of an instance into a lfd tool, thus you still need to travel and leave the city and world pvp also benefits from that

Exactly. Which is why Rift and SW:TOR didn't have to go f2p.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I'm just sorry new players won't be able to experience that magic part of wow and instead will be catapulted into this single player abomination.
    Apparently, looking at the data, new players know that, recognise it, and obviously move away as fast as they can.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, because obviously removing LFD would increase WoW subs. Actually, it would probably kill WoW's subs if they did that. Rift and SWTOR had to both add a dungeon finder after release to stop the bleeding of subs from players who demanded it. And even GW2 is putting a LFG system in their game.

I don't know if you realized yet, but people are leaving WoW to play games which are even more casual than WoW. F2P games where they can pop in, do something quick, and log off. They won't ever know the joys of wasting hours of play time trying to form dungeon groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    yes but not in the way it was implented, what they should have done is upgrade the old summoning stones in front of an instance into a lfd tool, thus you still need to travel and leave the city and world pvp also benefits from that
    Fine and all for PVP realms but simply an annoyance for any realm that's primarily PVE (which is the majority of them).
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Wait, what? WoW has LFD/LFR. I like LFD/LFR. I play WoW. Why would I go to another game if I like the game I'm playing now?
    Wow wasn't always like this, so if a fellow gamer tells you something about the game you both play you do not tell him to go play another game. That's very rude.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post

As it has been mentioned by many people, spamming trade chat for over an hours to find people for one dungeon is not something they want to do. Again this is their experience.
    People who bitch and moan about having to spend hours to get a group going, before LFD, where doing it 100% wrong. People who were nice to others, helpful, not anti-social, good at their class/role had no problems finding groups.

I never had to wait long to find a group, hell, I remember every time I would log on I would be bombarded with tells asking to join groups. Overall, for me, it took longer to find a group with LFD than it did before LFD. Sitting in a queue for 40 mins? Here's my middle finger, Blizzard.

Yeah, removing it wouldn't do the game any good by now, but I'd honestly love to be offered different alternatives at a low level other than imbalanced pvp, boring dungeon grinds, even questing is boring now due to the challenge taken away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Fine and all for PVP realms but simply an annoyance for any realm that's primarily PVE (which is the majority of them).
    how is immersive gameplay an annoyance? it's called WORLD of warcraft for a reason, people seem to have forgotten that tho

Deleted
    Yeah, because obviously removing LFD would increase WoW subs. Actually, it would probably kill WoW's subs if they did that. Rift and SWTOR had to both add a dungeon finder after release to stop the bleeding of subs from players who demanded it. And even GW2 is putting a LFG system in their game.

I don't know if you realized yet, but people are leaving WoW to play games which are even more casual than WoW. F2P games where they can pop in, do something quick, and log off. They won't ever know the joys of wasting hours of play time trying to form dungeon groups.
    Can you actually say something with a bit of meat next time? Nothing you said above here is worthy of an answer.
    You know nothing about the data you farted off like that. People leave wow to play more casual games?! Who told you that? Voices in your head?

Wow wasn't always like this, so if a fellow gamer tells you something about the game you both play you do not tell him to go play another game. That's very rude.
    How is it rude? If you don't like a game, don't play it. If you don't like a restaurant, go to a different restaurant. If you don't like Walmart, go to a different store. If you don't like Tom Cruise, don't watch Tom Cruise movies.

Seems pretty common sense to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you actually say something with a bit of meat next time? Nothing you said above here is worthy of an answer.
    You know nothing about the data you farted off like that. People leave wow to play more casual games?! Who told you that? Voices in your head?
    Of course people leave WoW to play casual games. Like GW2. Or they leave WoW to mess around in F2P versions of SWTOR or Rift. Maybe F2P LOTRO. F2P DCUO? F2P Aion or Tera?

Where are there non-casual games that people are leaving WoW for?

Look around you. The tedious grindy MMOs of the past are dead because nobody wants to play with those stupid old conventions like taking hours to find a group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Exactly. Which is why Rift and SW:TOR didn't have to go f2p.
    Sorry, are you saying wow isn't losing subs because rift and swtor went f2p? Why did you even mention them how do they fit in the sentence? Was that supposed to be an ironical remark? Was that supposed to somehow hide the fact that we find ourselves in August not a release date for 5.4 in sight and a fall of 1 million subs? Or maybe hide the fact that the expansion will not be released by Christmas and that means subs could possibly keep dropping dramatically?
    Help me understand exactly what do swtor and rift have to do with what I was talking about please.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    People who bitch and moan about having to spend hours to get a group going, before LFD, where doing it 100% wrong. People who were nice to others, helpful, not anti-social, good at their class/role had no problems finding groups.
    Of course. Including the new players.

Deleted
    How is it rude? If you don't like a game, don't play it. If you don't like a restaurant, go to a different restaurant. If you don't like Walmart, go to a different store. If you don't like Tom Cruise, don't watch Tom Cruise movies.

Seems pretty common sense to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course people leave WoW to play casual games. Like GW2. Or they leave WoW to mess around in F2P versions of SWTOR or Rift. Maybe F2P LOTRO. F2P DCUO? F2P Aion or Tera?

Where are there non-casual games that people are leaving WoW for?

Look around you. The tedious grindy MMOs of the past are dead because nobody wants to play with those stupid old conventions like taking hours to find a group.
    What does "casual" even mean in here, the hell you on about? Having social interactions in a game is now "hardcore"?

Without it ever being implemented, things would have been great! Gear found out in the world would suddenly be worth something! You wouldn't dungeon your way to level 90, you would actually do some quests. You would have to do other stuff to get gear instead of just running the same instances over and over and over for the chance of gear that's waaay better than the gear you obtain in other ways.

What does "casual" even mean in here, the hell you on about? Having social interactions in a game is now "hardcore"?
    Wasting hours on the forced socialization of finding a stupid dungeon group is definitely not casual.