Back up trap eaters!

Genuinely works quite well. Only vs bad hunters though :/

Twitch version: http://www.twitch.tv/sevaara/c/2711959
    Youtube version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PgOmGsR0Qk

it's a views thing :s
    Last edited by Sevaara; 2013-08-08 at 03:31 AM.

Deleted
    Backup*

Topic made me think this had something to do about backpeddling when eating traps.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Backup*

Topic made me think this had something to do about backpeddling when eating traps.
    Yea my bad it's late though, good excuse ;d

It's nearly the same thing as hitting spectral guise to eat your trap or psyfiend, it's a nice play sure, but it isn't just for "bad" hunters, if you can land this every trap then it will incredibly boost your winrates vs hunters, and if you don't stand around in the middle of the map you can easily predict when a hunter is going to trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    It's nearly the same thing as hitting spectral guise to eat your trap or psyfiend, it's a nice play sure, but it isn't just for "bad" hunters, if you can land this every trap then it will incredibly boost your winrates vs hunters, and if you don't stand around in the middle of the map you can easily predict when a hunter is going to trap.
    I tend to stand around in the open vs hunters because of the trees eating traps, they ate over 50% of traps that game, warrior ate a few too and when I did get trapped those few times, they had 0 pressure from it. Most decent hunters will scatter, wait for me to run from under the tree, web and trap just next to me to guarantee me being trapped unless my warrior steps in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
    I tend to stand around in the open vs hunters because of the trees eating traps, they ate over 50% of traps that game, warrior ate a few too and when I did get trapped those few times, they had 0 pressure from it. Most decent hunters will scatter, wait for me to run from under the tree, web and trap just next to me to guarantee me being trapped unless my warrior steps in.
    if you stand on the box and dodge in and out, as soon as the hunter disengages, you know that hes going to trap, just summon treant. idk, thats what i'd do, but whatever works for you i guess is the best in the end.

I still don't see why people say hunter traps are "stupid instant cc" when it's about the only instant cc you can eat/prevent with skill.
    Other instant cc's should be like hunter traps tbh.

I've actually been doing this the whole season, and I've come to quite like that talent. It's shocking how many hunters will just try to trap directly on the treants, even if they've been up for a while. I've found a few people have figured out priest fear is a little rough on the mini-broccoli strat though.

Quote Originally Posted by Edx View Post
    It's a cool trick but not worth giving up treeform IMO.
    It is, without the disc/hunter CC chain, they can't kill my warr. Hunter alone just can't kill my warrior so it's worth

Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
    It is, without the disc/hunter CC chain, they can't kill my warr. Hunter alone just can't kill my warrior so it's worth
    I think he meant in 3s. It's probably not worth getting treants in 3s, but in 2s, it could be, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Edx View Post
    Yeah I was mostly talking about 3s.

In 2s I find Hunter/Priest CC chains pretty manageable with Glyph of Blooming and a partner that can stop the priest trying to fear/mc after the trap. On the other hand Tree usually isn't required to outheal 1 DPS bursting so I guess I could give it a go next time I play 2s.
    Oh yea my bad, I'd definitely take tree form over treants in 3s I mean, I'd just pillow hug or stand near my ranged if I'm going offensive vs hunter comps

Heh I don't know why when I saw the title I thought "Back up trap eaters, you ain't got nothing on me" in a black woman's voice (not racist in any way).

Yea I don't play a druid but that doesn't seem worth dropping tree immortality for 3s. One of these days my toon might learn how to poke my teammates for 1 damage, but one can only dream.