Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yes, either removed or balanced, and the only way I see that happening is if they are all useless and don't affect stats whatsoever. I only play an Orc because of its great PvE racials (pet damage and "trinket").

Having racial abilities removed from the game and thus making Race purely a cosmetic choice is probably the stupidest idea anyone has every conceived.
    I do not give a crap about your 2% increased damage in a boss fight from a racial, or your nifty little PvP CC, or your this or your that...
    I care about the game not being a bland piece of shit.
    If someone is jealous that a night elf druid can drop combat and fly away whenever the hell they want in the world, then make a night elf druid, not another kind of druid.
    If someone is pissed that humans don't have to equip a clear loss of control clearing PvP trinket, then make a human.

There should be more racial abilities in the game in my opinion. Let taurens one shot gnomes with "gnome stomp", let dwarves be able to seen mining nodes that other classes can't, etc etc...
    IN fact!! There should be racial penalties! That will never happen, but what an amazing idea. I could think of some awesome ones.

Bottom line...
    Your choices should impact your game play and the game should feel alive. Not just different shaped graphics on a screen because you chose a troll over a worgen.

- - - Updated - - -

Following a trend of removing racial abilities, the next thing people would be whining about is; "Should all classes have the same abilities, and just be a cosmetic choice?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    When one race (trolls) is hugely predominant in raiding for dps players , you know there is an issue.
    When content can't be cleared WITHOUT making trolls, THEN you have a problem. Until then of course players are going to go for something they can milk more numbers out of... that's human nature. But is it game breaking? Ultimately no.

I think they should improve racials for some races. Some races are just leagues above others like Pandaren epicurean and Human Every Man for Himself. What would be nice is when they improve the character models, they create sub-racials for certain "types" of ethnicities within some races like Brown Orcs, Broken Draenei, Wildhammer and Dark Iron Dwarves, etc. Or make racials "customizable" allowing you to pick from a primary racial and two secondary.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've said it for the last couple years:

Keep the passives on each race. Let us CHOOSE the Active. So ANY Alliance could have EMFH, and ANY Horde could have WOTF.

Some racials should be removed. The ones which are "removed" from a race should be thrown into a pool of factional racials. EMFH should be given to both factional pools. Adding new racials for the pool would be neat too.

I don't completely agree with making them all purely cosmetic, as that removes too much of that particular facet of racial choice.
    Perhaps another possibility would be to homogenize the more powerful ones (I know "homogenize" is a bad word, but in this particular topic, I think it would actually be a good thing).
    Every race could have two powerful racials, and an assortment of cosmetic/minor ones. Those two powerful racials would be a defensive one (free trinket?), and an offensive one (a button that you push to do more damage).

For instance, the "free trinket" racial would still be called Every Man for Himself for Humans. For Undead, it would be called Will of the Forsaken (but do the same thing that EMFH does). And for the other races, the racial would have a different name, but also do the exact same thing. Maybe it wouldn't be as powerful as EMFH; whatever they decided on, it would be a defensive button that would be shared by every race.

In that same vein, the offensive racial would be Blood Fury for Orcs, Berserking for Trolls, and so on. It would be the exact same damage bonus for every race (so if they went with "+10% Haste on a 2 min CD", every race would get "+10% Haste on a 2 min CD").

The other racials would all be cosmetic, or have very mild effects that one wouldn't min/max over.
    Things like 1% crit, 1% hit, double food buff, +pet damage, +expertise with weapons, etc. would be removed.
    Things like Shadowmeld, Stoneform, Arcane Torrent, Gift of the Naaru, +10 to a profession, etc. would remain in the game.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

removal of all the ones that actually effect combat is something that should happen.
    all passive stat bonuses, all activated added skills, all passive skill changes.

the most powerful racials remaining should be the passive elemental resists and even those are pushing it.

the ones that effect out of combat things, like human's diplomacy, tuaren's herbing speed, worgen's mount thing, etc are in general fine as they are as they're irrelevant as far as combat goes.

There is no way in hell they could balance current racials buffing weak ones for pvp. EMFH is way too good to be a racial is way better than WotF, EMFH works on ANY dps class against ANY enemy player, WotF works better with HEALERS because if a dps chooses undead he loses dps boost racials and WotF works against fear classes ONLY. So.... EMFH>>>>>>>>>>WotF>>>ShadowMeld>every other crap.

Racials should exist in the game, it makes races unique somehow, but let's be honest here blizzard shouldnt be wasting time trying to balance these racials for pvp, it just won't happen, they need to make them unusable in ranked matches.

I would want nothing to do with recolored racial names. It adds nothing but useless words. I just want them to work on the ones that are sticking out as being too awful or too good.

Undead are too good in PvP. Trolls are too good in PvE. Beastslaying should be deleted, OR many different creature types should appear as things- for instance, if Goats did more damage to demons, that would be a start. Goats need help. The "weapon expertise" racials need to be improved a tad.

It's not a mile off. It's not worth throwing out, or giving everyone a dumb built in trinket like SWTOR with different names.

10+ Year Old Account
    yep, make cosmetic/fun racials, not ones that have an impact on gameplay.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by shamental View Post
    There is no way in hell they could balance current racials buffing weak ones for pvp. EMFH is way too good to be a racial is way better than WotF, EMFH works on ANY dps class against ANY enemy player, WotF works better with HEALERS because if a dps chooses undead he loses dps boost racials and WotF works against fear classes ONLY. So.... EMFH>>>>>>>>>>WotF>>>ShadowMeld>every other crap.
    In PvP, this is not true. EMFH doesn't "work". It is a racial that says "you can have a second trinket in pvp". It has nothing to do with loss of control until you take it to a raid.

WotF- and undead in general- swarm at the top ratings because they simply have more trinkets than anyone else. After forcing enemy trinkets and landing a trip-score fear, it's absurd to hear w-will-of-will-of-the-forsaken and for the whole enemy team to carry on as if nothing has happened.

Numbers back this up. WotF should be deleted entirely and replaced with a different active.

I wouldn't be sad if EMFH was too, but it seriously has much less effect in PvP than WotF.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post

When content can't be cleared WITHOUT making trolls, THEN you have a problem. Until then of course players are going to go for something they can milk more numbers out of... that's human nature. But is it game breaking? Ultimately no.
    You are effectively "forcing" people to change to a class to stay competitive with their peers. You say removing on-use racials would make the game bland, I say it is already bland cause every PVE DPS that can be a troll, is a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    In PvP, this is not true. EMFH doesn't "work". It is a racial that says "you can have a second trinket in pvp". It has nothing to do with loss of control until you take it to a raid.

WotF- and undead in general- swarm at the top ratings because they simply have more trinkets than anyone else. After forcing enemy trinkets and landing a trip-score fear, it's absurd to hear w-will-of-will-of-the-forsaken and for the whole enemy team to carry on as if nothing has happened.

Numbers back this up. WotF should be deleted entirely and replaced with a different active.

I wouldn't be sad if EMFH was too, but it seriously has much less effect in PvP than WotF.
    Are you kidding? EMFH does work against any enemy player, it boost your damage A LOT, having another dps trinket is really unffair, that makes any player who want to be competitive forced to roll a human if he plays alliance in order to be at least equal as other high ranked teams. It sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post

There should be more racial abilities in the game in my opinion. Let taurens one shot gnomes with "gnome stomp", let dwarves be able to seen mining nodes that other classes can't, etc etc...
    IN fact!! There should be racial penalties! That will never happen, but what an amazing idea. I could think of some awesome ones.
    I agree! I want more racials, and more differences between the races. Why? Because it's fun to me. Balance can suck a bag of D's. Stop trying to sterilize, homogenize, and bastardize the game in the name of balance.

Deleted
    Racials should exist in the game, it makes races unique somehow, but let's be honest here blizzard shouldnt be wasting time trying to balance these racials for pvp, it just won't happen, they need to make them unusable in ranked matches.
    This is all well and good for PvP but what about the PvE side of things?

Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    Depends mostly on the class and fight. if youre say a a lock and snapshot yes the CD is better. the CD is only better when you burst aswell. The static stat evenly increases your damage the entire fight.
    Average dps is good, but if you value it above burst dps, you are probably a dps whore.
    Burst phase is the difference between wipe and kill. And most(if not all) the hardest bosses in the game had extremely hard and important burst phase.
    That's why bloodlust is not a passive 1% haste, but a massive raid dps increase.
    Trolls have their own little bloodlust that can be used with trinket procs and potions to do insane burst exactly when needed.

And assuming youre a druid, what was your race before cata? how did druids every dps before then? your 1% crit is negligible dps increase that every druid did fine without.
    It doesn't work like that. If you are not giving 100% performance in raid you are a bad player. It's irrelevant if there were pve racials before cata. What is important is that now this racial exists and you must use it.
    If you think that 1% crit is negligible dps increase we probably have nothing to talk about. 1% crit is pretty much the same dps increase as using potion. You can raid without it, but again, it just means that you are a bad player.

Do you also need a 3rd sprint? You have 2 sprints and feral charge
    I wish I had 4 sprints when I did firefighting on ragnaros But that's not the point. Other classes don't have any.

Quote Originally Posted by taurvanhiel View Post
    I'd like to see them rework the existing active racials into passive chances. Give each race small chance to be immune to either fear, stun, disarm, snare, etc cast against them. That might be easier to balance and still allow for some difference between the races.
    No they did this with talents in bc. Rng is stupid and hurts pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    You know what else would level the playing field?

- Getting rid of leveling
    - Getting rid of weapons, armor and jewels
    - Getting rid of abilities

Everyone level 1, naked, bare-handed combat. On a flat platform. No items, Final Destination map, NOBODY PICKS METAKNIGHT!!!

Only skill will win!
    That sounds awesome. tanning while pwning that is some next level stuff.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Deleted
    Yes, and let's make it so you can only play Humans or Orcs.

or Just Humans!

Because fuck a varied and sometimes unbalanced world, everything needs to be a hyper sterile enviroment and race changes are purely cosmetic.

Perhaps class should be purely cosmetic?

Perhaps faction and gear?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    You are effectively "forcing" people to change to a class to stay competitive with their peers. You say removing on-use racials would make the game bland, I say it is already bland cause every PVE DPS that can be a troll, is a troll.
    Oh please. Tell me, does everyone HAVE to be a troll to complete ToT heroic?

No? Then kindly shut your whiny bitch ass up.

Deleted
    Really liked the way they did it in SW:TOR, racials were purely cosmetic and only for fun. I hate it when I hear of people who either bash the race I have and tell me to switch to another for the racial, or brags about how good their racial is. You should pick your character race based on your preferences, what you like, not on which racial is suggested in some guide.

racials must be unique to the race but humans insignia and undeads fear remover are just too op -.-