10+ Year Old Account

Titans and Old Gods. Expansion Ideas

So I saw a post on the World of Warcraft subreddit about N'Zoth possibly being the "main" antagonist in World of Warcraft.

Some of the comments suggested that N'Zoth would be an end boss in an expansion, and possibly the game.

Seeing as every Old God is based off of an HP Lovecraft character, do you think that the other Old God that has not been revealed could be Azeroth itself? The word Azeroth resembles Lovecraft character known as "Azathoth"

Here is list of Old Gods and their Lovecraft counterpart.

C'thun=Cthulhu
    Yogg-Saron=Yog Sothoth
    N'zoth=Nyarlathotep

Here is another character from Lovecraft's work named Tsathoggua, which is labelled as the Old One, and a "Godlike being from the Pantheon."

Old Ones roughly translate to Old God, and the Pantheon exists in the WoW universe.

So the main question is; Is it a possibility that Azeroth is the 4th Old God, and the other side of the planet has yet to be revealed, just for this reason?

Discuss.
    Last edited by Triangulum; 2013-08-08 at 08:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So we are a bacteria on a old gods back? GROSS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Reminds me too much of Transformers Prime, where Unicron's body was revealed to be the Earth with his spark being the core.
    Thus humans being spawn from Unicron ;o

I kind of liked the whole "oh no! the enemy i within!" thing MoP did. Lets avoid using another faction leader, but I'd love to see rogue factions develop and become major problems down the line. Sometimes you can go too big, and going bigger and bigger just forces us to be godslayers, when there can be really interesting, awesome things we could do at the ground level.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leare315 View Post
    bigger and bigger just forces us to be godslayers, when there can be really interesting, awesome things we could do at the ground level.
    eh perhaps
    But thats just how Wow is, about heroes doing heroic deeds.
    And the more deadly, the more holy shit powerful the enemy is, the more heroic it seems when they overcome it
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    eh perhaps
    And the more deadly, the more holy shit powerful the enemy is, the more heroic it seems when they overcome it
    I agree there, but Blackwing lair was just one dragon on a vendetta(deathwing's kid, but yeah, lol), I'd like to see some more of that. Karazhan was just the haunted mansion of an old guardian of Tirisfal(sure he was sergeras incarnate, but who's counting?). More of this! Characters need stepping stones to becoming world shattering figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    eh perhaps
    Well, take a look at what happened in wotlk after killing Arthas - no matter how epic the next expac's villain is, if the previous was better the new one will feel underwhelming in comparison.
    Say they throw Sargeras at us next expansion - while subjective, he is considered the biggest and baddest villain in the Warcraft Universe by many players. So what could Blizzard possibly throw at us to top that?
    I can't say I've personally been very excited for either Deathwing or Garrosh after LK, they're just not as bad-ass.
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leare315 View Post
    Characters need stepping stones to becoming world shattering figures.
    well i guess you can say the leveling/questing xp with the dungeons are the 'stepping stones' and then once your at max and stepping into raids you evolve into the world shattering figure - hence why raids are the grand finale of everything
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"