Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    T60 macro
    #showtooltip
    /cast Dragon Roar
    /cast Shockwave
    /cast Bladestorm
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("T60", G"Bladestorm" or G"Shockwave" or "Dragon Roar")
    i would very much like a version of this macro that works. as it is, this doesn't change the tooltip nor the icon at all and once the tallent is switched, this macro becomes useless.
    Last edited by aGit; 2013-08-06 at 01:26 PM.

Deleted
    I bet one gold that you didn't name the macro properly.

BAM
    #showtooltip
    /cast Dragon Roar
    /cast Shockwave
    /cast Bladestorm
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("BAM", G"Bladestorm" or G"Shockwave" or G"Dragon Roar")
    Get the wink?

edit: and you forgot the third G, colored in orange
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-08-06 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aGit View Post
    i would very much like a version of this macro that works. as it is, this doesn't change the tooltip nor the icon at all and once the tallent is switched, this macro becomes useless.
    I use this addon and it works just fine. http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/talentmacros

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post

Get the wink?

ah, i had no idea the name of the macro made a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post

Get the wink?

I don't have the G on the dragon roar and it still works, But ill make it more clear that you need the name of the macro to be "t60"

As I haven't said it before: really good guide, thank you.

There is one query in connection with rotations I have that leaves me slightly bamboozled still, to a point where I can wind up 'like a rabbit in the headlights', as we say in Au, mid-fight.

As I understand it our ‘Normal’ rotation, as outlined in the guide, will have DR combined with BB preceding that rotation, each time those abilities are available. But assuming we go about a Feather proc rotation from the pull, (not always easy to get the Dragon Roar in at the end, especially with a bit of movement going on, but anyway), a 9 second gap between BB and DR results. So from there, in terms of our Normal rotation, what is the best way to...realign these abilities? OR, are we better off just living with things as they then are, hitting DR later in the cycle than we would otherwise?

Obviously things will depend on the encounter a bit, as there may be a period of downtime long enough (or close to) to redress this.
    ========

One v small other thing: I think you’ve left Impending Victory out of the ‘Execute Filler Priority’ section – should be included before Heroic Throw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbia73 View Post
    As I haven't said it before: really good guide, thank you.

There is one query in connection with rotations I have that leaves me slightly bamboozled still, to a point where I can wind up 'like a rabbit in the headlights', as we say in Au, mid-fight.

As I understand it our ‘Normal’ rotation, as outlined in the guide, will have DR combined with BB preceding that rotation, each time those abilities are available. But assuming we go about a Feather proc rotation from the pull, (not always easy to get the Dragon Roar in at the end, especially with a bit of movement going on, but anyway), a 9 second gap between BB and DR results. So from there, in terms of our Normal rotation, what is the best way to...realign these abilities? OR, are we better off just living with things as they then are, hitting DR later in the cycle than we would otherwise?

Obviously things will depend on the encounter a bit, as there may be a period of downtime long enough (or close to) to redress this.
    ========

One v small other thing: I think you’ve left Impending Victory out of the ‘Execute Filler Priority’ section – should be included before Heroic Throw.
    Just keep hitting DR at the end of BB, The reason why i put it at the front of the rotation is becuase a majority of players wont have a feather or not keep track of it, plus its easier.

IV isn't in the rotation because executes DPR is higher than IV.
    Last edited by Requiel; 2013-08-08 at 06:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only real reason to line up DR/BB at the same time is that it makes it slightly easier to manage (and prevents you from derping and dropping DR outside of BB.) Otherwise there is really no reason you can't drop DR anytime in the BB cycle that isn't going to interrupt something crucial, like a CS phase.

You put DR at the start of BB so you can pop reck after and not waste a gcd of it on DR? Only high stacks of feather makes it worth it to change it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad View Post
    You put DR at the start of BB so you can pop reck after and not waste a gcd of it on DR? Only high stacks of feather makes it worth it to change it.
    Well you can put DR at the end of a BB and not waste reck if you use the alternative rotation, but putting it at the start is a lot easier, but yes feather is a pain in the ass and makes your change things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats only for opening/execute/every 3 mins. Afterwards it doesn't matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who derps if not macro'd.....this guy right here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Who derps if not macro'd.....this guy right here.
    Just don't macro SB and DR together.

Soooo.. who's started thinking about a BiS-list so far..?

I've started working/thinking about one, but as always I like second opinions. lol

And the issue I have this time around is what off-piece we want, I'll show why below!
    And I've taken the stats from normal items, so do take that into consideration - tbh, I dont know why I didn't just take the heroic items to begin with, but yeah...: /facepalm

Tier helmet: 1164 crit + 1328 mastery
    Helm of the Night Watchman: 1387 crit + 1064 haste
    (identical sockets + socketbonus)

Tier shoulders: 966 exp + 925 mastery + 2 red sockets + 120 strength socketbonus
    Spaulders of fallen warchief: 1081 crit + 727 mastery + 2 yellow sockets + 120 strength socketbonus
    Tusks of Mannoroth: 1041 crit + 687 mastery + 3 red sockets + 180 strength socketbonus

Tier-chest: 1288 haste + 1232 mastery + 3 red sockets + 180 str socketbonus
    Breastplate of Shamanic Mirrors: 1348 crit + 1130 mastery + 2 red 1 yellow sockets + 180 strength socketbonus
    Breastplate of Congealed Corrosion: 1031 crit + 1406 haste + 1 red , 1 blue & 1 yellow sockets, 180 strength socketbonus

Tier-gloves: 711 hit + 1097 crit, 2 red, 120 str socketbonus
    Tar-Coated Gauntlets: 1009 crit + 840 haste, 1 red & 1 yellow sockets, 120 str socketbonus

Tier-legs: 1408 crit + 1137 haste, 2 yellow sockets, 120 str socketbonus
    Legplates of Willful Doom: 1288 crit + 1232 mastery + 2 blue, 1 red sockets, 120 strength socketbonus

As you can see. Pretty much every piece has a decent alternative.

What I've been thinking so far is that the tier-helmet is better than the option simply due to the fact that crit will be higher and thereby mastery will be better aswell, better than haste anyways. And yes, that is a significant amount of crit difference between the two items, however the mastery vs haste will tip in mastery's favor making the tier-helmet the better option, in my opinion. However - This MIGHT change when we drop t15 4pc as that will increase crit's value and same will the crit dmg trink - making the choice harder than it initially appeared to be.

Shoulders isn't a hard choice at all... Tusks of Mannoroth is the best looking shoulders with an extra socket compared to Spaulders of the Fallen Warchief. But comparing the total "crit benefit" from that item to that of Spaulders of the Fallen Warchief and Breastplate of Shamanic Mirrors I get unsure, it's also worth noting that Tusks have 80 less strength than the other 2 choices. Tusks of Mannoroth will (if you use str/exp + crit gems) have 1041 + (3*160) = 1521 crit, Spaulders of the Fallen Warchief have 1081+(2*320)=1721 crit. Breastplate of Shamanic Mirrors on the other hand will have 1348 + (2*160) + (1*320) = 1988 crit.
    Now, as I see it the tier-shoulders is a better option than the tier chest due to the expertise, meaning that (from the bis list I am working on currently) you can use 2 80 str +160 crit gems and be 16 exp over the softcap.

Legs is a no-contest as I see it. Same is gloves as there is a pretty big lack of hit on the gear dropping in 5.4 at the same time there is very few blue sockets out there, meaning we want to grab the hit when we can, BUT I don't know how fast I wanna drop feather.

I know this is all very early as nothing is final as 5.4 is not yet upon us nor is it going to be in the first week or two. I'm just very interested in hearing what people think and the reasoning behind it.

I wrote this 4 am so do take that into consideration aswell xD

Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    Well you can put DR at the end of a BB and not waste reck if you use the alternative rotation, but putting it at the start is a lot easier, but yes feather is a pain in the ass and makes your change things.
    The alternative opening in the guide has it wasting a gcd. It's possible not to but 2-3 gcds of reck before CS is just less practical then 2-3 gcds after it. Anyway it's not really a big deal just seemed something obvious that was missing from Dark's post

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Thats only for opening/execute/every 3 mins. Afterwards it doesn't matter.
    You mean recklessness has a 3 min cd that's amazing why didn't I think of that.....

10+ Year Old Account
    The alternative opening in the guide has it wasting a gcd. It's possible not to but 2-3 gcds of reck before CS is just less practical then 2-3 gcds after it. Anyway it's not really a big deal just seemed something obvious that was missing from Dark's post

You mean recklessness has a 3 min cd that's amazing why didn't I think of that.....
    Where does it waste a GCD?, if your talking about feather, I was alluding to the fact that you did have to waste one GCD in reck for a DR if you had feather. I was making a point that you could use DR at the end without feather opposed to your argument saying its only used at the front to stop it from clipping with reck.
    Last edited by Requiel; 2013-08-09 at 09:38 AM.

Well in the picture you either use it on the last gcd of reck or feather falls off if you use it 1 gcd later but I get what you're saying now. Still seems more efficient with DR at the front to me.(edit: without feather, I do like my 750k DR at 10 stacks)
    Last edited by bigbad; 2013-08-09 at 08:14 PM.

Deleted
    Hmm but feather lasts so long that you can plan easily around that, you can only fit one colossus smash into reck anyway. So popping DR at the start or the end shouldn't change the masterplan as long as you pop reck staggered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using DR at the end of feather is a MASSIVE gain, even considering the loss of 1 GCD in reck, since that GCD would have been used on BT anyway in most cases.

What's a good warrior sim to use?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.