Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[US] 10 year old girl charged with rape - Da hell??

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/201...ping-young-boy

So she gets charged with rape A 10 YEAR OLD mind you, and if convicted she gets put on the sex offfenders list....What the hell?
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/201...ping-young-boy

So she gets charged with rape A 10 YEAR OLD mind you, and if convicted she gets put on the sex offfenders list....What the hell?
    Welcome to equality, you'd be suprised what any young girl or boy does now a days..its not about playing outside and watching shows anymore
    Its ipods,make up and talking about boys/girls sometimes even sex..society has ruined the youth

I need more information to make any kind of comment without stupid bias. Personally though, I would think it would all depend on the approach the girl took.

15+ Year Old Account
    "She didn't know she was doing anything wrong."

Ahh the infamous words. Don't dumb down your kid for 18 years untill it's "ok" to talk about it. That shit starts in elementary school, as soon as that kid pops out, you should be parenting it, not when it turns 16 or 18... Even though it sounds wrong, more details would be nice, what the hell exactly did the kid do?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNationGamer View Post
    Welcome to equality, you'd be suprised what any young girl or boy does now a days..its not about playing outside and watching shows anymore
    Its ipods,make up and talking about boys/girls sometimes even sex..society has ruined the youth
    Yeah damn the ancient Greeks for involving children in sex acts for hundreds of years! Society was bound to make something happen!!!!!
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Yeah damn the ancient Greeks for involving children in sex acts for hundreds of years! Society was bound to make something happen!!!!!
    Ah it's been going on forever, people are just shocked because unlike before, most of it is actually reported and spread among the media. Insert witty media has ruined something statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Article doesn't offer all that much to go on, either they need to find out more or not much have been made public. If it was an assault, I don't know about sex offenders list for any child that young, but sounds like it would be time for a bit of therapy for sure. A kid that age assaulting another like that... I dunno, I feel chances are high that the kid my have experienced or witnessed something they are now acting out, so I hope they try to get to the bottom of why in any case like this involving children.

The article barely provides any details but your stance that being a 10 year old girl should make it impossible for someone to be a rapist is a derisive one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    The article barely provides any details but your stance that being a 10 year old girl should make it impossible for someone to be a rapist is a derisive one.
    Addtional Source:

http://www.khou.com/news/local/10-ye...218937481.html
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Serious? The girl is 10. 10 year olds are morons - at least I was when I was 10.

WTF is wrong with you people.

Also, sex with a minor is considered statutory rape in many places - even if the girl gives "consent".

There's still literally no information for us to go on here...

But the possibility of being registered as a sex offender at such a young age seems more than a little extreme.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how does a 10 year old rape a 4 year old exactly.

girls mature nowadays at the age of 10~12 in the US

THE BOY WAS FOUR FUCKING YEARS OLD.

yes, she's guilty. this is one of the obvious double standards. She won't get much of a charge though. She won't be labeled a sex offender or anything like a boy would.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Serious? The girl is 10. 10 year olds are morons - at least I was when I was 10.

WTF is wrong with you people.

Also, sex with a minor is considered statutory rape in many places - even if the girl gives "consent".
    So the 4 year old boy is the rapist now?
    CompTIA A+ Computer technician, 7 years and counting...

Retired WoW Heroic Raider, currently playing DOTA 2 competitively.

What the fuck? I mean, there isn't really a whole lot of information to go by, so I don't really know what sort of stance to take, but what the fuck?

I mean, she was 10, he was 4. That's weird as hell. But with equality and all that it does make sense that she would get charged. She might only be 10, and it is most likely the parents failing at parenting, but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    imo the fucked up thing is if it was a 10 year old boy accused of an act with a 4 year old girl ill bet people would be outraged they were released...
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    yes, she's guilty. this is one of the obvious double standards. She won't get much of a charge though. She won't be labeled a sex offender or anything like a boy would.
    I believe a "lolwut?" is in order. You've judged her guilty based on what, exactly? And you are so sure that a boy wouldn't receive the same treatment because...? Children of both genders face lesser charges and sentences on crimes than adults do all the time. Not sure why a case like this should/would be any different.

OH man, you just know it's gonna be a good year. Look at the crap people are coming up with. How are historians even going to categorize years like 2013?

2013 - The year of hilarious stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    imo the fucked up thing is if it was a 10 year old boy accused of an act with a 4 year old girl ill bet people would be outraged they were released...
    You are absolutely right about that.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by TheNationGamer View Post
    Are you really this stupid?, Most young girls and boys are just like any of us where its the news and bias that convince you otherwise, seeing as I had a walkman/cd player growing up I don't see ipods being any different.