Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Malygos vs Deathwing

If both Dragons went all out on each other, who would win? Both dragons will unleash they're full power and would do anything to destroy the other.
    Last edited by The Professional; 2013-08-11 at 06:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deathwing would destroy Malygos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Silly question, the point of the whole Deathwing Storyline was no one aspect could kill him.

I would say even Neltharian would beat Malygos.

Deathwing. Even AFTER the devs butchered his image. He's giant, metal, and fiery. Unless Maly has the Dragon Soul to penetrate his armor he's screwed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd have to say Deathwing.

Physically he is significantly larger (according to Blizz DW had a 1200 foot wingspan) and exponentially stronger, and as powerful as Malygos is magically, Deathwing proved he was capable of literally shattering the world.

It took the combined efforts of the aspects, heroes and even leaping through various timelines to stop Deathwing: killing Malygos required nowhere near that effort, in game or lore-wise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    Silly question, the point of the whole Deathwing Storyline was no one aspect could kill him.
    Perhaps but its better than the countless LFR/Blizzard store whine threads that have saturated these forums as of late.

Malygos has like 4 million HP, Deathwing is 2 bosses by himself. Deathwing has many instant kill mechanics, Malygos has none.
    Last edited by Heenk; 2013-08-11 at 06:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pfft, Malygos would just polymorph Deathwing and watch him fall to his death.

15+ Year Old Account
    It took ALL the 4 aspects to stop him, twice, why would you even ask that question.

Didn't they already kind of square off during the War of The Ancients? Sure, Neltharion had the Dragonsoul, but he wiped out nearly all (All of them before time altering) of the Blue Dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neltharion took on the entire Blue Dragonflight and annihilated them, and he drove Malygos insane for ten thousand years. Of course he had the Dragon Soul at the time, but that was also before he became Deathwing and was empowered by the Old Gods. I think in a one-on-one situation it would be a pretty clear victory for Deathwing.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was much cooler to fight Malygos than Deathwing, but.... ehm.. Deathwing would beat the living shit out of him or he could just eat him.

Deleted
    Blood DK passing by. He'd tank both of them in dps gear.

If we are looking at this as the title suggests then Deathwing would annihilate Malygos. No contest.

If we look at just Neltharion (no Dragon Soul or Old God corruption) versus Malygos it would be a much more interesting battle. I still think that Neltharion would be able to pull out the fury of the earth all over Malygos' butt and win. It would be a close battle. Definitly something I wouldnt want to be anywhere near for. Azeroth would probably be badly damaged or destroyed.
    Last edited by Sills; 2013-08-11 at 06:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Neltharion took on the entire Blue Dragonflight and annihilated them, and he drove Malygos insane for ten thousand years. Of course he had the Dragon Soul at the time, but that was also before he became Deathwing and was empowered by the Old Gods. I think in a one-on-one situation it would be a pretty clear victory for Deathwing.
    You're forgetting a tiny detail, Neltharion already had the Dragon Soul at that point, which contained a portion of the power of all 4 other aspects.

Would he win in a 1v1 before he had the Dragon Soul? Possibly, but it wouldn't be as easy as most seem to suggest.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    You're forgetting a tiny detail, Neltharion already had the Dragon Soul at that point, which contained a portion of the power of all 4 other aspects.

Would he win in a 1v1 before he had the Dragon Soul? Possibly, but it wouldn't be as easy as most seem to suggest.
    I didn't forget; read the second sentence of my post.

If you want to compare pre-War of the Ancients Neltharion to Malygos, that could be a closer fight, but for present-day Deathwing versus Malygos it's pretty obvious that Deathwing would win.

10+ Year Old Account
    By the time of Cataclysm, Deathwing had become more powerful than any one aspect. Before that their powers were more equal, and it might have gone either way honestly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    I didn't forget; read the second sentence of my post.

If you want to compare pre-War of the Ancients Neltharion to Malygos, that could be a closer fight, but for present-day Deathwing versus Malygos it's pretty obvious that Deathwing would win.
    Yeah, this pretty much. In Cataclysm Deathwing is buffed by the Old Gods, he's basically as powerful as the Dragon Soul itself, that's why the others need it to even have a chance to defeat him. Heck, I'd say Deathwing in Cataclysm is stronger than Kil'jaeden.

It's said that Kil'jaeden is physically weaker than Archimonde, but he's a better schemer and spellcaster. If a gigantic mana burn could kill Archimonde, then what would the Dragon Soul do to someone like him? And Deathwing is basically a living being on par with the power of the Dragon Soul.

Anyway, pre-War of the Ancients Neltharion vs Malygos would be a close one, but Neltharion would probably win in the end. But Cataclysm Deathwing would just shit on Malygos.

Lore-wise wasn't pre-corruption Neltharion still greatest among the Aspects? I'm pretty sure he was chosen to be the Earthwarder because of is physical and mental/spiritual strength (The deep dark places in the world being prisons of the old gods, Neltharion was effectively gatekeeper). Also and an aside, if you think about it, Neltharion's fall from grace is kind of an allusion to Sargeras' isn't it? Anyways, my vote is still on the Earthwarder, destroyer or no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Noctus View Post
    Didn't they already kind of square off during the War of The Ancients? Sure, Neltharion had the Dragonsoul, but he wiped out nearly all (All of them before time altering) of the Blue Dragons.
    All except Malygos himself I believe. Even though that doesn't make sense, because where the hell did Sapphiron come from then?