Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

"Earn Exalted status with Emperor Shaohao." - what?

On the front page of MMO-Champion there are Achievement Changes and one of them is this:

Earn Exalted status with Emperor Shaohao.

So there will be a reputation with Shaohao? Any more info about this?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    On the front page of MMO-Champion there are Achievement Changes and one of them is this:

So there will be a reputation with Shaohao? Any more info about this?
    If you visit the Timeless Isle, Emperor Shaohao is a vendor that will sell things at varying reputations and Timeless Coin prices. "Exalted" is a typo, it should say "Venerate". Shaohao is a personal reputation, much like the Tillers. You earn reputation with him by doing the various activities of the Isle.
    A wise saying once said "A wise man builds a foundation from the bricks others have thrown at him."

Quote Originally Posted by Berraant View Post
    If you visit the Timeless Isle, Emperor Shaohao is a vendor that will sell things at varying reputations and Timeless Coin prices. "Exalted" is a typo, it should say "Venerate". Shaohao is a personal reputation, much like the Tillers. You earn reputation with him by doing the various activities of the Isle.

Does he have any significance outside of selling stuff? Seems like waste to have perhaps the most important person in Pandarias history be a vendor.

I really was hoping we would not be rep grinding again, although, not sure if it's a must or if it's just optional. Personally, if it does not help me in raid, i most likely will not be doing it unless there is no choice.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    Does he have any significance outside of selling stuff? Seems like waste to have perhaps the most important person in Pandarias history be a vendor.
    You want spoilers?
    A wise saying once said "A wise man builds a foundation from the bricks others have thrown at him."

Hopefully his rep is for cosmetic/fun things and not things that actually have an effect on the game. IMO that's how most reputation should work anyways; gear rewards should require a low rep, and the high end rep should be mounts/pets//effects and things.

Well a synopsis of it is you're doing stuff for him and proving your worth. By doing that, he offers you a multitude of powerful and venerated items.

Seems justified to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Berraant View Post
    You want spoilers?
    I'm kinda surprised I haven't seen anything yet so...sure, why not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by healzforu View Post
    I really was hoping we would not be rep grinding again...
    Yeah, because mindlessly grinding mobs for coins is so much better.

Edit: With a reputation attached there's at least a little incentive to do stuff on the island instead of just skipping "Battlefield Barrens - Extended Edition" altogether.
    Last edited by mmocb1848b600a; 2013-08-13 at 01:18 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kinda surprised I haven't seen anything yet so...sure, why not.
    Look up "Vale Healing" on YouTube. Not the song, the dialogue between Lorewalker Cho and Shaohao by AdriaCraft.

In-game? Kill Garrosh and take a portal to Pandaria from SoO, the Sha will die with Garrosh because he has consumed too much of Y'shaarj's heart during the encounter, taking them both down when he dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    Hopefully his rep is for cosmetic/fun things and not things that actually have an effect on the game. IMO that's how most reputation should work anyways; gear rewards should require a low rep, and the high end rep should be mounts/pets//effects and things.
    I think the opposite, mounts and pets etc are more "pointless" and should be just at cost, while more powerful items should be worked towards.

Deleted
    Hey, we haven't had a grindable rep faction since Cataclysm now, I'd welcome one with open arms now. I hate dailies, but grinding stuff over and over again is not that boring to me.

Just a shame that this reputation seems like a rep that doesn't count towards 60 reps exalted achievement.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by healzforu View Post
    I really was hoping we would not be rep grinding again, although, not sure if it's a must or if it's just optional. Personally, if it does not help me in raid, i most likely will not be doing it unless there is no choice.
    I will give you a tip for your wow future. You can expect a raid faction to earn rep with for every raid patch released.

I know it's only day 1 but holy hell this looks like an evil rep grind.

I got to like ... 800 rep in multiple hours on the island and that was with doing some of the quests. I got nearly 10000 Timeless in that time.

6 rep per kill? Seriously?
    Many things that grant no rep at all (ghosts)
    The elementals seem to be really hard to kill solo, and I was a blood DK... and those grant.... 25 rep? Christ, killing 4 of the little dudes is actually *more* efficient?

At least give us something we can buy with Timeless that grants Rep......

flame away

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post

I got to like ... 800 rep in multiple hours on the island and that was with doing some of the quests. I got nearly 10000 Timeless in that time.

The elementals seem to be really hard to kill solo, and I was a blood DK... and those grant.... 25 rep? Christ, killing 4 of the little dudes is actually *more* efficient?

flame away
    I believe people were whining how its so easy to get exalted nowadays. This will keep them pre-occupied.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I will give you a tip for your wow future. You can expect a raid faction to earn rep with for every raid patch released.
    This isn't a raid faction.

There is no raid faction to earn rep with in this raid patch.

#rekt

flame away
    If this is the last patch for the next 6-10 months, the rep grind isn't that bad when you think about it.

LOL, when I think about in those terms it's even worse Ah well, it's a nice mount...

LOL, when I think about in those terms it's even worse Ah well, it's a nice mount...
    with any luck we will have next exp in spring, so closer to 6 months
    MURICA!!!

flame away
    Why solo on Day 1? Get a group/raid and just slay everything. Mobs spawn fast enough that there shouldn't be any down time and plenty of people to tag all the mobs. All the while you find purples for alts/offspecs.

I'd rather do this rep then go back to classic rep grinding of Wintersabers or Hydraxian waterlords
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere