Poll: Hoax or not?

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    It could be a hoax, but unlike the last xpac hoax (Vengeance of the Void?) actually going and presenting a trademark application as proof seems like a bit much, even if you don't have to actually pay the fee (if I'm reading correctly). It almost seems like if it was a hoax, there would be more "leaks" like with Vengeance, not just a trademark application.

All we can do is wait and see what the next expansion is.
    That still makes no sense. They've filed every Trademark app since MoP in Swaziland to throw us off. They did it with Hearthstone, and they did it with The Dark Reaper. Why would the next expansion's name be any different?
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Where are you getting this Guff about Dark Below being a hoax?

The only hoax MMO-C was reporting (which fooled them) was this Corgi thing....

Everything else (D3 expansion and Dark Below) are legit Blizz trademarks as MMO-Champ is not retracting any of that. Only thing they retracted was the Corgi thing...

For god's sakes man - the Reaper of Souls has it's own Battle.net page! You can't tell me THAT is a hoax!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/reaper-of-souls/

Deleted
    yea i guess, theres at least 3 possible meanings for "the dark below" choo choo speculation train.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    MoP got way more negativity than this.
    Absolutely - people were positive that MoP was either a hoax, or - at best - a Facebook game.

Though, admittedly, the negativity REALLY didn't kick up until the Blizzcon reveal - where those disbelievers were delivered a 10-ton punch to the gut. :P

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    For god's sakes man - the Reaper of Souls has it's own Battle.net page! You can't tell me THAT is a hoax!
    No one's claiming it's a hoax. However, it's also not in the trademark database - if Blizzard could hide the D3 expansion trademark, why wouldn't they do the same for the WoW expansion?

10+ Year Old Account

Everything else (D3 expansion and Dark Below) are legit Blizz trademarks as MMO-Champ is not retracting any of that. Only thing they retracted was the Corgi thing...

*facepalm* Yes, and The Reaper of Souls was trademarked in Swaziland. :-\ Which is likely where the next expansion's trademark is at this moment.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    At this point, they'd have so much invested already (remember they would have to be fairly close to an Alpha, if not a closed Beta, by the time they announce it) that it wouldn't be possible. Consider, also, that it's not in the Trademark database at all. It doesn't exist.
    Well, from what i've heard, they had 2 xpacs in internal alpha. They shared a significant amount of assets. It's a pretty modular approach to development allowing for much more efficient iteration.

Deleted
    I'm just saying.

We know the D3 expansion is the real deal, with the press invitation, and the live teaser page on their website.

So we know that's coming next week.

The fact that Dark Below and RoS hit the news on the same day, then Dark Below is declared a hoax... it's just too much of a coincidence.

We know Blizzard would want to spread out the hype and the online speculation, for maximum PR. The fact that they both spilled on the same day was a big mistake, which is why they are now telling one of the biggest and most trusted sources for Blizzard news (MMO-Champion) to tell everybody that it was a fake.

They want to save the Dark Below hype until after Gamescom.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    That still makes no sense. They've filed every Trademark app since MoP in Swaziland to throw us off. They did it with Hearthstone, and they did it with The Dark Reaper. Why would the next expansion's name be any different?
    The thing is though if it's as easy as it seems to fill out this trademark application, why is this the first time that there has been one shown as "proof" of an expansion? Why not with all the other fake expansions/suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Ansvar View Post
    Sounds to me like they're trying to cover up =p
    This. The timing fits too well with Blizzcon. Same time between now and Blizzcon to when (insert almost every expansion) was trademarked and the official Blizzcon announcement.
    Stabby stab stab.
    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of woweh.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conbot View Post
    Well, from what i've heard, they had 2 xpacs in internal alpha. They shared a significant amount of assets. It's a pretty modular approach to development allowing for much more efficient iteration.
    It would still set them back quite a bit. I'm already a bit skeptical that they'll be able to stick to their "6 months of tier content per patch," with 5.4 scheduled to drop on Aug. 27 and that being the last raid tier. I have no idea how they would keep on that timeline if they had to completely scrap the expansion they were going to do. It doesn't make sense.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    so what if its in swaziland, does that mean we cant know? :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xUltraVegetaaaazHD720xxxx View Post
    so what if its in swaziland, does that mean we cant know? :S
    There's no way to search for the trademark other than flying to Swaziland and visiting the trademark office there. They do not have an online database.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Please go back and read the front page until you can understand it, then post.

10+ Year Old Account

I agree with Mvallas here, The Corgi is the the only thing that confirmed fake, but that doesn't mean the other 2 are hoaxes like Mvallas has said.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-08-14 at 06:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    The thing is though if it's as easy as it seems to fill out this trademark application, why is this the first time that there has been one shown as "proof" of an expansion? Why not with all the other fake expansions/suggestions?
    Because we have no idea who filed the trademark that was used yesterday. It didn't have to be anyone from Blizzard, and the Trademark itself does not exist in the US Trademark database. It's not there. It was never actually applied for. It could have been some yahoo filling out the app and taking a screenshot. We don't know where it came from.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    Reaper of souls can just be a teaser name for the next expac, not the actualy name of the expac

Everything I know is a lie

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    LoL. People are so gullible.

Who in their right mind was thinking "The Dark Below" for an expac?

It is the next expansion. Blizzard is simply throwing us off, like they did with Cataclysm and MoP.

Why would Blizzard do this? Because its pretty easy to figure out the entire expansion once you get the title.
    That really is all that it is Blizzard trying to throw us off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heedless One View Post
    Everything I know is a lie
    including the cake, do not forget the
    cake