Thread: 5.4 Changes

Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Playing Arms is like being the guy that sits in The Hatch in LOST pushing the button every 108 minutes to avoid worldwide catastrophe. The button is keybinded to slam. That's how long the GCD feels to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    8 target sim....arms beasting it in ptr for aoe.
    http://imgur.com/BQLnPXu

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    You serious right? i am pretty sure that an arms warrior cannot go from DEAD LAST to being the top dog (or at least in the middle of the pack) in one buff...
    Single target is pretty meh, but their Cleave and AOE might be the best in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodletters View Post
    Single target is pretty meh, but their Cleave and AOE might be the best in the game.
    No way, that is crazy.... oh well!!! aoe doesn't matter in pvp.

At least arms is good at something?

Na, arms aoe as it stands on the PTR will not go live. I predict they will scrap the +100% deep wounds damage buff arms gets. Seeing as they are increasing deep wounds damage and scaling by 65%, we won't need that extra 100% modifier, our AoE will be strong as hell without it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vojka View Post
    Na, arms aoe as it stands on the PTR will not go live. I predict they will scrap the +100% deep wounds damage buff arms gets. Seeing as they are increasing deep wounds damage and scaling by 65%, we won't need that extra 100% modifier, our AoE will be strong as hell without it.
    It definitely wont go live like this. I was already topping meters on AoE fights by a large margin before the deep wounds and slam buff.
    But Arms does feel more useful on ptr even on single target - mainly due to the set bonus.

Sooo, next patch arms priority is slam>OP, which means that we'll spend all rage on 2 x slams pr MS cycle, and skip OP..... dat suxx. While I like the idea of Slam being a big hitter, I dont want to skip OP as I like the 1sec GCD. Why not make OP only cost rage and generate TFB, then make slam cost 2-3 TFB stacks?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by panzerfar View Post
    Sooo, next patch arms priority is slam>OP, which means that we'll spend all rage on 2 x slams pr MS cycle, and skip OP..... dat suxx. While I like the idea of Slam being a big hitter, I dont want to skip OP as I like the 1sec GCD. Why not make OP only cost rage and generate TFB, then make slam cost 2-3 TFB stacks?
    No you will only use Slam when CS is up or the crit trinket has procced or you have alot of rage (zerker stance). OP otherwise to build up rage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok I am terrible at the whole math deal but if I were to take a log I have like my Heroic Lei Shen 10man kill this week and try to add in the current change to Deep Wounds, would that give me an accurate idea of what dmg I would have done in that circumstance if that buff was in place then?

Example Heroic Lei Shen 10man I pulled 192,213 dps. Deep Wounds was 5.5% of my overall dmg.

If I take the overall dmg that Deep Wounds did which was 5,388,550 and multiple by .65, which is 3,502,557. Then add that to the overall dmg of 5,388,550 I get 8,891,107 as my new overall dmg for Deep Wounds. I then take that and divide it by the overall damage I did on the fight which was 97,644,167. Which ends up being .091 or 9.1%. 9.1% minus the original Deep Wounds dmg of 5.5% would be 3.6%.

Does the math work that way or am I completely wrong. Or is the 65% buff to deep wounds a 3.6% increase in dps for Fury.

Also if you take that 3.6% and multiply it by the overall dps (192,213) you get 6919 dps. Which means we would typically gain that much dps.

Like I said I am not sure so if you do know for sure let me know. And I do understand that the deep wound numbers per fight are different depending on the situation but I just want to figure out what type of buff this might be for fury.
    Last edited by Snuglz; 2013-08-15 at 12:53 PM.

Anyone guess if battle shout > slam if CS isn't up with the changes? Building up as much rage to dump as possible and all.

The "rotation" is simple come the patch.

If CS is up. MS > Slam | HS if close to ragecap
    If CS ain't up. MS > OP > other stuff (HT / BS / IV)

Sub20% / 4piece proc.
    If CS is up. MS > (If you got a beter weapon then the rest of your gear)Slam / (If your gear and weapon is at the same level) Execute
    If CS ain't up. MS > Execute (If you don't have the "Free OP buff") > OP > Other rage free stuff (HT / BS)
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deep Wounds was 5.5% of my overall dmg.
    5.5%x0,65=3,575% increase. No need to complicate it any further :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I am hoping with how strong Arms is currently on the PTR (only being 1.2k lower than SMF single target but also being much better sustained aoe) that we might see Fury being pushed behind. With Arms being just a tad lower but having a very clear advantage over fury as far as aoe goes. I do not see why you would stick fury if arms overall is better. Makes for less reforging/regeming/regearing and so on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snuglz View Post
    I am hoping with how strong Arms is currently on the PTR (only being 1.2k lower than SMF single target
    Got source for that? I am looking forward to play arms in near future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yiris View Post
    Got source for that? I am looking forward to play arms in near future.
    From Jalopy and Collision on the World of Warcraft forums. It seems to be what everyone is saying atm.

Quote from Collision:
    "After making the above tweaks to arms rotation, along with PTR changes, Arms comes to within 3k of Fury."
    Last edited by Snuglz; 2013-08-15 at 05:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    Playing Arms is like being the guy that sits in The Hatch in LOST pushing the button every 108 minutes to avoid worldwide catastrophe. The button is keybinded to slam. That's how long the GCD feels to me.
    Hahahha. Thats great. Been pvping on the ptr this morning and that sums up slam usage.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

From Jalopy and Collision on the World of Warcraft forums. It seems to be what everyone is saying atm.

Quote from Collision:
    "After making the above tweaks to arms rotation, along with PTR changes, Arms comes to within 3k of Fury."
    Sounds unimpressive. At least it's really convenient to play while having one hand in your pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Sounds unimpressive. At least it's really convenient to play while having one hand in your pants.
    With the benefit of arms having much better sustained aoe and not being too far off of fury I don't think it matters too much which spec you go for. That is if the changes are kept bc the aoe right now as arms is crazy and hard to believe we get to keep something like that.

Edit: and how does that sound unimpressive?

Because fury isn't exactly what I'd consider impressive ?

10+ Year Old Account
    With the benefit of arms having much better sustained aoe and not being too far off of fury I don't think it matters too much which spec you go for. That is if the changes are kept bc the aoe right now as arms is crazy and hard to believe we get to keep something like that.

To me, fury should be that much better at single target if arms is going to be so good at aoe. Why play fury if you can save a ton of gold by not reforging and lose basically nothing single target and gain oh so much in AOE?