Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    The upgrades on other trinkets that are like this one scales with item, the only thing here is that the % is to low for it to scale up. I wonder if upgrading say a heroic one if it will go from 7% to 7.5% or something.
    That's my assumption: the integer is too low to show up, but it does increase the % from 7.01 to 7.43 or something of that nature.

Atleast we know it is based on something That is good for being blizzard. On one of my battle pets, I got a spell with the description "Increases your chance to critial hit by DATA ERROR"
    Yep, Creepy Crate has that bug. Also, if you look at druid tier 1 set bonuses, you'll see DATA ERROR coding on the thorns buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Oh, but I just realized there's one small flaw in the reasoning that upgrading increases the multiplier. HWF gives 8% at 572 ilvl. H gives 7% at 566 ilvl, and still 7% when upgraded to 574 ilvl. So either upgrading doesn't affect it at the same rate base ilvl does, or wowhead doesn't have enough data, or there's something else we're missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Worst edit ever. Based on your current WHAT?!
    current haste/mastery levels apparently. I'm not totally sure how I missed the second part of that sentence. Perhaps it was "OH MAN IT'S NOON, LUNCH TIME!"

So either upgrading doesn't affect it at the same rate base ilvl does, or wowhead doesn't have enough data, or there's something else we're missing.
    I'm going to just assume that upgrading scales the str proc, but the actual % will only be modified by which tier drops it (LFR/Flex-N/NWF-H/HWF)
    Last edited by Promdates; 2013-08-14 at 07:14 PM.

Hey promdate, how'd you calculate your numbers? Because they don't match mine, so I'm wondering if I missed something in my calculation

Actually, good catch. My numbers are off a bit. Let me do some quick calcs.

edit: Yup, yours are right. I'm not sure where I was getting mine from. I blame it on the after lunch brain.
    Last edited by Promdates; 2013-08-14 at 07:14 PM.

Good to know, it's always nice to have numbers double checked.

Deleted
    DPS meta and cloak now have a 40% reduced chance to activate for tanks. Well the mantra of "We want to make the tanking stuff more attractive instead of nerfing the dps stuff" didn't last too long, now did it?

Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    DPS meta and cloak now have a 40% reduced chance to activate for tanks. Well the mantra of "We want to make the tanking stuff more attractive instead of nerfing the dps stuff" didn't last too long, now did it?
    Well that's just dandy.
    Considering that it also (meta) doesn't scale with haste anymore it'll probably go from ~10% dmg to about ... 4 % ?

Deleted
    Today I reached the highest SotR buff I have ever seen in current raid content, got a sotr buff that was over 1 minute (by my guess, about 65s is what I reached).
    Sadly, this was on trash... The trash before Horridon... I got 15, yes you read that right, 15 consecuive DP procs, I have never seen something like it, after which I didnt proc on one, then got 5 procs in a row again. Followed by the few odd procs here and there, it soon went up to 65seconds, honestly, dont know what to say. It was just crazy crazy luck. My previous DP proc record was something like 8 or 9 in a row, luckily that was on an actual boss, not trash.

Going back to the topic of haste after 50%. I have been playing around a lot with haste at different levels today, ranging for 60% haste to 190% haste.
    What I can say for 5.4, is that I am definately going to keep a set in my inventory for haste stacking post 50%. I am likely to use a 50% haste set for usual fights, but for sure gonna have a higher haste set in my bags. Why you may ask. Well, the first thing I noticed playing around with the haste levels, is that the hps increase from SoI coupled with the absorbs from SS, or heals from EF if you are into that, was really not something you could ignore.

The second thing brings me back to the previous example, of getting 15 GC procs in a row, while an extreme example, makes you overcap HoPo, as you cant dump it when you constantly get DP procs, I had this happen mutliple times during raid bosses that I miss out on 1 or 2 HoPo (well, generally I use fillers instead of the HoPo generator in these cases). This concerns me a lot with the new GC proc, when it is proably possible on some fight to do the GC abuse, spamming AS all the time, you would probably overcap often. What I realised is that SotR does not really have a GCD, just the cooldown that scales with haste. Had around 0.5 second CD with 190% haste which was quite funny watching those DP procs going away fast. Basically, it allows you to offload those SotRs faster causing a lower risk of overcapping. This is obviously very benefitial for your SotR uptime for anytime you are gonna get more HoPo than you can spend, often because of DP procs (I am looking at you guys using T15 4p).

With that said, I am kinda scared at the gear sets we are looking at for 5.4

I am going to want a standard hit>haste>exp>crit set, aswell as an spell hit>avoidance>haste, aswell as a spell hit>haste>avoidance set.
    And probably sometimes making a mix of those sets

Today I reached the highest SotR buff I have ever seen in current raid content, got a sotr buff that was over 1 minute (by my guess, about 65s is what I reached).
    Sadly, this was on trash... The trash before Horridon... I got 15, yes you read that right, 15 consecuive DP procs, I have never seen something like it, after which I didnt proc on one, then got 5 procs in a row again. Followed by the few odd procs here and there, it soon went up to 65seconds, honestly, dont know what to say. It was just crazy crazy luck. My previous DP proc record was something like 8 or 9 in a row, luckily that was on an actual boss, not trash.

Going back to the topic of haste after 50%. I have been playing around a lot with haste at different levels today, ranging for 60% haste to 190% haste.
    What I can say for 5.4, is that I am definately going to keep a set in my inventory for haste stacking post 50%. I am likely to use a 50% haste set for usual fights, but for sure gonna have a higher haste set in my bags. Why you may ask. Well, the first thing I noticed playing around with the haste levels, is that the hps increase from SoI coupled with the absorbs from SS, or heals from EF if you are into that, was really not something you could ignore.

The second thing brings me back to the previous example, of getting 15 GC procs in a row, while an extreme example, makes you overcap HoPo, as you cant dump it when you constantly get DP procs, I had this happen mutliple times during raid bosses that I miss out on 1 or 2 HoPo (well, generally I use fillers instead of the HoPo generator in these cases). This concerns me a lot with the new GC proc, when it is proably possible on some fight to do the GC abuse, spamming AS all the time, you would probably overcap often. What I realised is that SotR does not really have a GCD, just the cooldown that scales with haste. Had around 0.5 second CD with 190% haste which was quite funny watching those DP procs going away fast. Basically, it allows you to offload those SotRs faster causing a lower risk of overcapping. This is obviously very benefitial for your SotR uptime for anytime you are gonna get more HoPo than you can spend, often because of DP procs (I am looking at you guys using T15 4p).

With that said, I am kinda scared at the gear sets we are looking at for 5.4

I am going to want a standard hit>haste>exp>crit set, aswell as an spell hit>avoidance>haste, aswell as a spell hit>haste>avoidance set.
    And probably sometimes making a mix of those sets
    Do tell how you manage to get 190% haste

Also i'd say it's something like spell hit > avoidance > haste/crit (for the worldofspamASalldaylong)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Do tell how you manage to get 190% haste

Also i'd say it's something like spell hit > avoidance > haste/crit (for the worldofspamASalldaylong)
    The haste buff on isle of thunder

Avoidance>haste on lower amounts of mobs, but if you get enough mobs on you, haste>avoidance. (As soon as you get enough mobs so you can guarantee GC procs all the time, any more avoidance wont help with the procs).

Which is why both sets are probably adviseable.

I haven't been following alot of the changes to cloaks since it was pretty much established that dps cloak stats>tank cloak proc. However, with the recent nerf to the cloak and meta should I switch?
    Amazing Signature by Yoni

Might end up being on a fight to fight basis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekun View Post
    I haven't been following alot of the changes to cloaks since it was pretty much established that dps cloak stats>tank cloak proc. However, with the recent nerf to the cloak and meta should I switch?
    From a 10 man PoV - Unless there is something I am intentionally going to cheese with the tank cloak (a.k.a. it allows me to solo tank an encounter), I will go with the dps cloak. It does not really matter how hard they nerf the dps legendaries for tanks, as long as survivability is a non-issue, dps is better.

So yeah, as Nillo said, will be fight to fight basic with the dps version being the baseline and tank cloak being for, "Is there something I can cheese intentionally?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucks sake guys... I just clicked on "Show first new post" and was 3 pages behind... wtf!! And, I'm showing like 50 posts per page in my settings... WTF!!! Seriously guys!

But I guess - as long as Enrage isn't an issue - Tank Meta should seem more of a choice now in 10man for progression, especially in the beginning when you need to 2-heal stuff in order to beat the dps check. Solo Tanking DA HC with about 750k-500k Vengeance for most of the fight, my Meta Damage was 11 Million. As solo tanking is out of the question in SoO (havent found a single bubbleable debuff for tankswitches on PTR), vengeance should stay quite low. My Lei Shen Meta Damage was about 3.4 Million Damage.

Anybody got some information as to "how much" they nerfed the procc chance? If they halfed it I don't think 2 Million Damage (which is like 0.3-.5% of total HP from a SoO Boss) would outway the reduced damage you get from the Meta. Especially since they buffed it to ALL Damage (including magic).

Farmcontent and Fights where Survival/Mana isn't an issue the Damage Meta should still be goodish. Cause it's as FF says, when survival isn't an issue, all DPS wins no matter how small.

I feel with the Nerf to SS and the Nerf to Battle Healer, it's gonna change heal dynamics quite abit for SoO progression. I mean, that's like 5-10 Million more Healing the healers need to do (depending on how much of it truely was / would have been overheal). So, across the board we will take more damage and heal less damage. Sure after a while things will even out when we get more gear but first 2-3 weeks of SoO things will be quite hard.

Whats your take on it?
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    But I guess - as long as Enrage isn't an issue - Tank Meta should seem more of a choice now in 10man for progression, especially in the beginning when you need to 2-heal stuff in order to beat the dps check. Solo Tanking DA HC with about 750k-500k Vengeance for most of the fight, my Meta Damage was 11 Million. As solo tanking is out of the question in SoO (havent found a single bubbleable debuff for tankswitches on PTR), vengeance should stay quite low. My Lei Shen Meta Damage was about 3.4 Million Damage.
    When T14 was on ptr, people said it was not solo tankable.
    When T15 was on ptr, people said it was not solo tankable, unlike T14
    Now T16 is on ptr, people say it is not solo tankable, unlike T15.

Trust me, we will solo tank several fights this tier.

Just look back at T15

Jin - Solo tankable without bubble
    Horridon - Okay, quite hard to solo tank without bubble.
    Council - Solo tankable without bubble
    Tortos - Solo tankable without bubble
    Megaera - Solo tankable without bubble
    Ji-Kun - Solo tankable without bubble, requires a quick kill though.
    Durumu - Probably not solo tankable without bubble
    Primordius - Solo tankable in normal without bubble, heroic 2 tanks
    DA - Solo tankable in nuke strat without bubble, but in real strats you need more tanks
    Iron Qon - Solo tankable without bubble, but hard
    Twins - Solo tankable without bubble
    Lei-Shen - Solo tankable without bubble
    Ra-den - solo tankable without bubble

10+ Year Old Account
    Jin - Solo tankable without bubble
    Horridon - Okay, quite hard to solo tank without bubble.
    Council - Solo tankable without bubble
    Tortos - Solo tankable without bubble
    Megaera - Solo tankable without bubble
    Ji-Kun - Solo tankable without bubble, requires a quick kill though.
    Durumu - Probably not solo tankable without bubble
    Primordius - Solo tankable in normal without bubble, heroic 2 tanks
    DA - Solo tankable in nuke strat without bubble, but in real strats you need more tanks
    Iron Qon - Solo tankable without bubble, but hard
    Twins - Solo tankable without bubble
    Lei-Shen - Solo tankable without bubble
    Ra-den - solo tankable without bubble
    You forgot to say "in 10man". Because you can't solo tank in 25man without bubble. Well, maybe Ra-den, but I'm not there yet.
    And you can't solo tank Lei Shen heroic on 10man, I'm pretty sure about that.
    Also, you still need taunts from DPS on most of the bosses to avoid certain stuff.

So i'm guessing the tank meta may actually be worth it next patch, the nerf to the dps meta proc chance for tanks, coupled with the tank meta working for all damage and the higher proc chance. The dps cloak still seems better personally, even with the reduced proc chance. I'm still a bit iffy..
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    And you can't solo tank Lei Shen heroic on 10man, I'm pretty sure about that.
    You can .

Deleted
    I'm not worried about the DPS cloak nerf, as it was scaling with AP rather well.
    It would have easily reached the point where it would have given more of a DPS boost to tanks than to the DPSs. (Ala DPS-meta.)
    But the Tank-meta looks better and better.

The fact that I can swap 2 cloaks out rather easily depending on the fight is nice too.