Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think we need a scoreboard.

Legion Expansion vs Azshara/N'Zoth Expansion
    Right here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...The-Dark-Below

Surprisingly close. Support for a naga/Old God expansion grows.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I don't have an insider connection. Fucking wish I did, though.
    If you had one we'd probably not be having discussions about potential expansions. You'd have leaked it already, or at least told us if the recent trademarks are at all valid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Right here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...The-Dark-Below

Surprisingly close. Support for a naga/Old God expansion grows.
    From the days when Argus would win hands-down, TDB really has shifted opinions.

My poll on next class went form a DH lead by a few points to a virtual tie after TDB was posted.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    If you had one we'd probably not be having discussions about potential expansions. You'd have leaked it already, or at least told us if the recent trademarks are at all valid.

- - - Updated - - -

My poll on next class went form a DH lead by a few points to a virtual tie after TDB was posted.
    You know, maybe Blizzard leaked the idea out there to ease people into the next expansion? If everyone went in thinking it's for sure a Legion expansion, hands down, done deal, they'd be pretty upset at this development. But if they have a couple months to mull it over, maybe they'd be more receptive?

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

And unfortunately, you'll be massively dissapointed at Blizzcon when something entirely different is announced :3 Heck, I'll be completely ROFLING if The Dark Below is the actual name but the expansion isn't about Azshara or Old gods. Wahaha, that'll be good XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I for one have not changed my mind about this - I call it's real. And if it's not, it's the best fake thing I've ever seen in my life and I've seen tons of po*n so...

The Dark Below is obviously a hoax, the logo on the youtube channel is very badly done compared to this one and Skysunder actually makes more sense considering all the BL hints during this expansion. And pre-expansion event with Legion attack? If that's not going to rise the sub numbers then I don't know what is.

One last thing, people claiming the name "Skysunder" doesn't sound real...ahem. Have you completely forgotten all other patches names? I mean, how can you objectively call this "unreal" or "bad name" when we have patches like "Rage of the Firelands", "The Thunder King", "Landfall" etc. ? Geez, thats just plain stupidity in my eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    The think about pictures like this.. Is.

Why can't they use Prntscrn? Why can't they video record it?
    They have good skills though.

10+ Year Old Account

I fail to see how a potential title, can shift an opinion. Seems to have just made the already vocal Azshara fans, even more vocal...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    How is it 'obvious?' Looks pretty high quality to me - if its fake than yeah, props to the creator. Looks to me more like a graphic test of the final logo that would be appended to the end of the cinematic, if they make one at all for a non-raid patch.
    It's just like your signature logo here on the forum......OMG PATCH SHATTERED EMPIRE WTH?!?!
    + someone uploaded it on youtube and everyone loses their minds...

Deleted
    Why should they upload a video, just to test the effects? It doesn't make any sense.

Actually, if I had one, I wouldn't say a fucking word lol. I have no ties to anyone so I'm just running my mouth and speculating like everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    Why should they upload a video, just to test the effects? It doesn't make any sense.
    Because its fake.

Its also fake because this coming in patch 5.5. means that the new expansion starts before Mists of Pandaria ends, and 6.0 is even released.

Which doesn't make sense.

It has a black background because it's a VFX test and would be composed on top of the trailer once that was available. They're not going to edit the trailer video in the same composition (or even file I'd guess) as the title. My biggest doubt is that the flame effect is horizontally mirrored. Whether that's because it's a legit early pass/proof or lazy part of a fake, who knows.

It's more damning that whoever caught it didn't take a video of it. Who doesn't have a phone/camera that can record video in this day and age? 'Skysunder PTR Information' tab also seems a bit forced. They'd have no reason to collect together PTR notes online at this sort of stage; much more likely they have internal document(s) used to track changes.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    Ease of sharing around the office/etc, rather than telling people the location on the network storage (which complicates things if anyone is out of the office and needs to review work). I've uploaded videos/images to (private) services before to share with colleagues for similar reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Because its fake.

Its also fake because this coming in patch 5.5. means that the new expansion starts before Mists of Pandaria ends, and 6.0 is even released.

True. They could have a patch leading up to the 6.0 world event, but "Skysunder" doesn't suggest that.
    Last edited by dotSeed; 2013-08-15 at 12:39 PM.
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

Would be cool and it's entirely possible that something similar will happen (here's to hoping).

That picture however can only be described one way; fake.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Quote Originally Posted by dotSeed View Post
    My biggest doubt is that the flame effect is horizontally mirrored.
    Vertically mirrored. Also – allow me to introduce the patch 4.3 Hour of Twilight logo:

Look carefully and tell me that you don't see anything symmetric (here's a hint: the cracks in the background).

Quote Originally Posted by dotSeed View Post
    Ease of sharing around the office/etc, rather than telling people the location on the network storage (which complicates things if anyone is out of the office and needs to review work). I've uploaded videos/images to (private) services before to share with colleagues for similar reasons.
    Nah, I'm sure a company as big as Blizzard has an intranet (internal website) not to mention remote server access. I have remote server access at my ~25 person company, ffs. I could access a file saved to our server hard drive from home no problem.
    Last edited by xinjun; 2013-08-15 at 01:09 PM.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Although it may be fake but it's really well done. The art looks really Blizzard-ish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Because its fake.

Isn't this supposed to be the patch leading up to the legion xpac? It may be fake but you kinda missed the point of the creator of this logo..

-edit- nm I may be wrong about this
    Last edited by xinjun; 2013-08-15 at 01:36 PM.
    Xinjun

Not to mention, <meta name="title" content="5.5 title flame fx test">
    Xinjun

Sounds like the death knell for this pic.
    Xinjun

10+ Year Old Account
    a shame really

the skysunder sounds kind of cool. also could reference the sky being sundered apart as the legion start to arrive. (pre expac event?)
    Hi