Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You're talking about two different things here. That logo you posted indicates the start of an entirely new storyline, not an extension of lore from MoP, or the aftermath of the SoO. It is not an epilogue to MoP, it is the beginning of a legion invasion. That doesn't make sense if Blizzard's goal is to have a fitting conclusion to the MoP storyline, or to expand MoP's lore. Its very fitting if Blizzard's goal is to start a new storyline, and a new expansion, which they don't do until the new expansion is near release.

I mean, following 5.4 there won't even be a Horde warchief, and we still have to deal with the aftermath of our actions in Pandaria. Now you're saying while we're sorting all of that out, its going to start raining infernals?

Seriously?

Yes seriously. While the horde are deciding a new leader and the alliance is heading back to their places via boats(which could take weeks if not more) Lord Kazzak will appear once again and starts summoning the legion... we kill him and his minions and then head through the portal he created to the next expansion... and this all happens in 5.5 What is problem ?

- - - Updated - - -

No they aren't. The Burdens of Shaohao was about what happened thousands of years ago during the Sundering, and how the emperor protected Pandaria from it.

We already knew about the Sundering. We already knew that the emperor separated Pandaria from the rest of the world. The video just showed us how it happened, and how it tied to the Sha.

Yeah and how it's related to the fact that the mists dissipated right before the legion would attack in order to allow the pandaren to join the battle after they mastered their emotions like Shaohao did, and also allow other races to come and learn those lessons just in time for Legion attack.

Just to clear the air now that it's a new day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5PeNAaJMDk

Destruction!

10+ Year Old Account
    You're talking about two different things here. That logo you posted indicates the start of an entirely new storyline, not an extension of lore from MoP, or the aftermath of the SoO. It is not an epilogue to MoP, it is the beginning of a legion invasion. That doesn't make sense if Blizzard's goal is to have a fitting conclusion to the MoP storyline, or to expand MoP's lore. Its very fitting if Blizzard's goal is to start a new storyline, and a new expansion, which they don't do until the new expansion is near release.

I mean, following 5.4 there won't even be a Horde warchief, and we still have to deal with the aftermath of our actions in Pandaria. Now you're saying while we're sorting all of that out, its going to start raining infernals?

Seriously?
    I'm now pretty swamped with evidence of this logo not being real but I have to say, YOUR reasoning is WAY off. Seriously? You think green logo and name Skysunder means we'll just jump on boats and leave Pandaria to go fight the Legion? No. Of course we are going to get a new warchief and of course we will tie some loose ends, but that doesn't mean we couldn't have a pre-expansion event with some infernals tearing up the sky and falling down all around the Azeroth - local defense would be needed, some quest chain perhaps and at the end of the chain - an ingame video of the main Antagonist saying "Hi." making his threat or whatever - that's what I call a proper introduction to a new story, which would develop more with 6.0 and on. It would be suprising, effective, strong and people would love Blizzard for doing that - I'd suggest you open your mind a little bit more, it seems you have no fantasy at all.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Why would 5.5 be about the Legion and the next xpac about the Dark Below and Naga? Let's just hope we're going to learn something before Blizzcon.
    where did you read that dark bellow is about naga? im now going to do like most ppl here.... GIIME A SOURCE PLOX!!

Quote Originally Posted by dotSeed View Post
    It has a black background because it's a VFX test and would be composed on top of the trailer once that was available. They're not going to edit the trailer video in the same composition (or even file I'd guess) as the title. My biggest doubt is that the flame effect is horizontally mirrored. Whether that's because it's a legit early pass/proof or lazy part of a fake, who knows.

It's more damning that whoever caught it didn't take a video of it. Who doesn't have a phone/camera that can record video in this day and age? 'Skysunder PTR Information' tab also seems a bit forced. They'd have no reason to collect together PTR notes online at this sort of stage; much more likely they have internal document(s) used to track changes.

Ease of sharing around the office/etc, rather than telling people the location on the network storage (which complicates things if anyone is out of the office and needs to review work). I've uploaded videos/images to (private) services before to share with colleagues for similar reasons.

True. They could have a patch leading up to the 6.0 world event, but "Skysunder" doesn't suggest that.
    Easy sharing inside office? LOL u think Blizzard can't share without third party inside office? I work as IT (not in Blizzard) but belive me it's possible without third party.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lordreinhart View Post
    Just to clear the air now that it's a new day.
    Question is, are you responsible for the trademark as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Chudah View Post
    I don't know, what he said makes perfect sense to me.
    What he thinks is that there's some kind of rule that if a new threat pops up it HAS to be a new expansion. It can't be a mini patch. He's going by the old patch pattern, which makes sense, but that doesn't prove anything. Could Blizzard introduce a 5.5 patch before the new expansion that re-ignites the Legion threat.... absolutely. There's nothing stopping them from doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vethon View Post
    Question is, are you responsible for the trademark as well?
    Nope wasn't me, if you go back to my old posts I actually had messed up and did "the darkness below" which someone caught me on lmfao.
    Destruction!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    What he thinks is that there's some kind of rule that if a new threat pops up it HAS to be a new expansion. It can't be a mini patch. He's going by the old patch pattern, which makes sense, but that doesn't prove anything. Could Blizzard introduce a 5.5 patch before the new expansion that re-ignites the Legion threat.... absolutely. There's nothing stopping them from doing that.
    Dude, the sky raining infernals IS a new expansion, because it has nothing to do with the Pandaria storyline.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Yes seriously. While the horde are deciding a new leader and the alliance is heading back to their places via boats(which could take weeks if not more) Lord Kazzak will appear once again and starts summoning the legion... we kill him and his minions and then head through the portal he created to the next expansion... and this all happens in 5.5 What is problem ?
    Horde and Alliance forces still in Pandaria.

Repercussion from the destruction of the Vale.

Possible deaths of major Alliance and Horde characters we still don't know about.

A leaderless, divided Horde.

The Alliance deciding what to do while they're occupying Ogrimmar.

Thrall, Chen, and Vol'Jin's actions following the Seige.

Anduin's possible role in Alliance/Horde reconciliation.

But let's forget all that, because some fanboys need their legion expansion to start early.

Yeah and how it's related to the fact that the mists dissipated right before the legion would attack in order to allow the pandaren to join the battle after they mastered their emotions like Shaohao did, and also allow other races to come and learn those lessons just in time for Legion attack.
    Which shows no indication of having actually happened. We'd need a patch AFTER 5.4 showing that. You know, a PROPER epilogue to 5.4 and the entire expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, the sky raining infernals IS a new expansion, because it has nothing to do with the Pandaria storyline.

- - - Updated - - -

Horde and Alliance forces still in Pandaria.

Repercussion from the destruction of the Vale.

Possible deaths of major Alliance and Horde characters we still don't know about.

A leaderless Horde, divided Horde.

The Alliance deciding what to do while they're occupying Ogrimmar.

Thrall, Chen, and Vol'Jin's actions following the Seige.

But let's forget all that, because some fanboys need their legion expansion to start early.

Which shows no indication of having actually happened. We'd need a patch AFTER 5.4 showing that. You know, a PROPER epilogue to 5.4 and the entire expansion.

Yes it'll be called Skysunder and it'll tie loose ends and then at the end of a quest chain that ties the loose ends the sky turns green and demons come cruising. What's so hard to believe about that?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    i've lost track of whats going on now, whats confirmed 100% fake, and whats still possibly real?
    The 5.5 youtube leak is fake, the TDB Gamescom Trailer is fake, TDB's trademark may be fake but isn't confirmed to be fake, and the next expansion is Corgis Unleashed.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    The 5.5 youtube leak is fake, the TDB Gamescom Trailer is fake, TDB's trademark may be fake but isn't confirmed to be fake, and the next expansion is Corgis Unleashed.

This. /10chars
    Destruction!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    cool! looking forward to making my Corgi Death knight!

who made the 5.5 logo then? same guy as the TDB one?
    dragonmaw - EU

All-in-all, not a bad job with the logo lordreinhart. Looks pretty neat to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes /10char
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Yes it'll be called Skysunder and it'll tie loose ends and then at the end of a quest chain that ties the loose ends the sky turns green and demons come cruising. What's so hard to believe about that?
    That would be impossible, because the patch is called "Skysunder". Which means the event is happening or has already happened BEFORE the patch begins. Just like Landfall, Escalation, and Siege of Ogrimmar before it. So if this is real, that means we'd have a trailer where the sky is already raining infernals.

Guys, I hope you're not missing the part where this is all confirmed fake.
    Xinjun

ask the person above you

Nope. I didn't make the 5.5 logo. Just the TDB one after seeing the trademark post yesterday.
    Destruction!

So the Nick meta tag is just a coincidence? Do you have a friend named Jason...
    Xinjun

Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    Guys, I hope you're not missing the part where this is all confirmed fake.
    That dude has no correlation with the 5.5 Skysunder logo.