Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Is this guy from my gym on steoids?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4ZbnnqUrwo

He claims he never used any thing illegal, hes 100 % clean.

I'am no expert on these subject but somehow i'am not convinced.

lol at the guy that starting lifting behind him.. also he could be clean now and used stuff in the past or he actually could be clean you never know.

Nothing out of the ordinary to me, I'd say no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure.. But does it matter?

Also, O_O at the guy in the back. I never got the "hat inside", and wtf he's working out in it. With a full beard! Poor dude must be sweating his ass off.
    I like juice

That guy eats roids three meals a day.
    That's right: eats them

Here you go. This will help you understand.

It says 25 on the side. That's not 25 pounds is it?

Deleted
    i've been a bodybuilder myself for years (never using shit except protein drinks) and never achieved such a definition. and thats not because i was lazy. 99,9% of the people won't look like that w/o using steroids. in addition to that i think he is kinda weak with this weights he is using. my experience taught me that people who are using steroids are extremely weak but have a great definition and big muscles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    It says 25 on the side. That's not 25 pounds is it?
    Judging from the title of the clip, its danish, which means its Kilogram
    I like juice

I could see someone getting those muscle with 5 years of lifting and no breaks, taking protein suppliments and perhaps some low end legal HGH, it would be possible without steroids. Now if he had that body in 2 years? probably roids.

its 26 kilos which is about 60 lbs, which is doable easy without steroids. I curl that much myself, but I don't look like that because I am not as trim. If I lost like 50+ pounds I would look like that it would be so hard for me to do that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Empathized View Post
    i've been a bodybuilder myself for years (never using shit except protein drinks) and never achieved such a definition. and thats not because i was lazy. 99,9% of the people won't look like that w/o using steroids. in addition to that i think he is kinda weak with this weights he is using. my experience taught me that people who are using steroids are extremely weak but have a great definition and big muscles.
    I wasn't quite as cut but had larger arms then him when I was serious into weight lifting. I drank protein shakes, took a spoonful of glutamine in my water once a day, on my cardio days Id take stacker 2's back when ephedra was still in the fat burners never ever took steroids though. Part of it is genetics part diet and part workout. Id say he might have taken steroids but certainly wouldn't have to reach his size. Also your comment on steroids I disagree with but it depends on what they were taking. When I was powerlifting there was 13 of us lifting together, I was one of 2 people in the group not on steroids, the guys on the roids would get pissed cause I spent a fraction of what they did was getting bigger stronger and more cut then they would. They all took various stacks of roid combos. Some are designed to get you cut others for mass and others for strength.

Imo if your taking a steroid to get cut your going to sacrifice strength and bulk, and vice versa with the others, while they were stacking roids for all three the had good results in all three aspects of what they wanted but I was getting better results naturally, maybe it was it was my genetics or maybe it was my more unorthodox approach to my routine idk. I was the second strongest and probably 3 on the most cut, the guys who were getting the most gain on there strength tended to get bulkier but got a bloated look to their face and had softer lines to their muscles, the guys who were getting shredded saw much slower results on bulking up but were superlean and shredded.

Back on topic It wouldn't surprise me one way or the other Ive seen guys that weren't on steroids get more cut and Ive seen guys naturally get bigger. if the dumbbells say 25 im assuming that's kilos? that's still only like 60 pounds or so and the guy was using poor form and a lot of back on those curls so his strength to me isn't very impressive, maybe that was his last set and trying to just force out a few last reps but otherwise nothing special.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damsbo View Post
    Not sure.. But does it matter?

Also, O_O at the guy in the back. I never got the "hat inside", and wtf he's working out in it. With a full beard! Poor dude must be sweating his ass off.
    He appears to be a Sikh, in which case its his religion to wear a turban and a beard. I feel kinda bad for him though, it sucks to be lifting small weights while some Macho Man is effortlessly curling 50-60 lbs. I would know . . . that's me when I go to the gym . . .
    Putin khuliyo

Easily possible he's drug free, I see it every day. Quite a lot of people say they are 'bodybuilders' when in actuality they workout lightly 2,3 even 4 times a week.

That kind of size takes maximum effort, every second, every single time you step foot in the gym. Not many people do it, or can do it.

I can however assure you he didn't get to be that size 4 reps at a time like he did in the video (4 for each arm is only 4 total, you cheaters can call it 8 all you want).
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    He appears to be a Sikh, in which case its his religion to wear a turban and a beard. I feel kinda bad for him though, it sucks to be lifting small weights while some Macho Man is effortlessly curling 50-60 lbs. I would know . . . that's me when I go to the gym . . .
    But you're, you're Adam Jensen, why would you need to lift weights?

OT: I bet that guy can't do long distance running to save his life.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    Easily possible he's drug free, I see it every day. Quite a lot of people say they are 'bodybuilders' when in actuality they workout lightly 2,3 even 4 times a week.

That kind of size takes maximum effort, every second, every single time you step foot in the gym. Not many people do it, or can do it.

I can however assure you he didn't get to be that size 4 reps at a time like he did in the video (4 for each arm is only 4 total, you cheaters can call it 8 all you want).
    Actually when trying to bulk up doing 8 or less rep at the highest weight you can do builds the most mass. Lower weight higher reps shreds. When I was doing a shred phase id start at a light weight and 30 reps then 28,26 down to 20 then every few weeks whatever weight I did at 20 I would do one more set and burn reps to complete exhaustion. When I was bulking id start heavy and go 8,6,4,3,2,1 and every couple couples weeks after my rep of one id keep adding a little more weight and do one more rep add weight one more rep till I maxed out.

Ill never forget, cause back legs and shoulder were my favorite muscle group so I would be super pumped on those days, doing deadlifts and for my fatigue set I had 315 on the bar and just going like crazy till I literally just dropped the weights collapsed on the floor and puked my guts out, sounds sick I know but man that was like the awesomest workout day. A minute or two after puking I felt amazing and felt an awesome muscle pump for days. The only other day that comes close was on my maxout weight day started at 585 for my first set on squats maxed out at 855, only then to see my lifting partner throw another set of 45s on the rack 945 pick it up get half way down in his squat and have the bar snap like a tooth pick him diving out of the way just before it would have hit him probably at the least shattering both his hips.

Deleted
    Why do you care?

Omg some of you are going on like he's some Ronnie Coleman / Jay Cutler freak. He must weigh about 180lbs, easily less than 200lbs. His triceps look as big as his biceps and he doesn't look to have much back development either. The usual 'every day is bench day' look. But overall he's in 1000% better shape than most armchair athletes. Props to him for having a low bodyfat though. Just needs to work on the symmetry. It's a good start, and he's definately not on roids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo42 View Post
    Omg some of you are going on like he's some Ronnie Coleman / Jay Cutler freak. He must weigh about 180lbs, easily less than 200lbs. His triceps look as big as his biceps and he doesn't look to have much back development either. The usual 'every day is bench day' look. But overall he's in 1000% better shape than most armchair athletes. Props to him for having a low bodyfat though. Just needs to work on the symmetry. It's a good start, and he's definately not on roids.
    he probably weighs more than 180lbs since muscle weighs more than fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Can't say for sure, but it certainly looks like he skips a leg day or two (or fifty).
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.