MSI Z77 MPower - Motherboard
    ATX - LGA1155 Socket - Z77 - USB 3.0 - Gigabit LAN - HD Audio

Corsair Vengeance - Memory
    8 GB : 2 x 4 GB - DIMM 240-pins low profile - DDR3 - 1600 MHz / PC3-12800 

Samsung 840 EVO Basic - Solid state drive
    120 GB - intern - 2.5'' - SATA-600 - 256 MB cache

Asus GTX770-DC2OC-2GD - Gfx
    GeForce GTX 770 - 2 GB GDDR5 - PCI Express 3.0 x16 - 2 x DVI, HDMI

ZALMAN ZM600-GT - Powersupply ( intern )
    ATX12V 2.3 - 80 PLUS Bronze - 100-240 Volt - 600 Watt

Be quiet! Shadow Rock PRO SR1

WD Blue WD10EZEX
    1 TB - intern - 3.5" - SATA-600 - 7200 tpm -buffer: 64 MB

Total    € 1.090,34

Would you change anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive heard somewhere you don't necessarily need the 2GB card....most cards now are still only 1GB. The 2 is only really for high AA processing iirc..

what other harddrives do you have, tell me that ssd isnt the only one

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfectdark View Post
    Ive heard somewhere you don't necessarily need the 2GB card....most cards now are still only 1GB. The 2 is only really for high AA processing iirc..
    The 770 is actually either 2GB or 4GB.

To OP: Where are you from? We might be able to help with a different selection of parts if you can give us that.
    Though I did mention that, I probably would get something other than the MPower MB. There are other products that are just as good that are cheaper, though your selection may be limited in your country. The RAM you have selected might also have tall heat spreaders which can be a detriment to getting your heat sink installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Deleted
    I think you are confusing 2 GB vs 4 GB. Most games nowadays can use more than 1 GB of vram, and so happily. 2GB is the minimum for gaming these days, imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfectdark View Post

what other harddrives do you have, tell me that ssd isnt the only one
    I always heard that 2 is best if you want to use 2 screens.
    The bottom item is a 1TB HD
    Quote Originally Posted by Idrinkwhiterussians View Post
    The 770 is actually either 2GB or 4GB.

To OP: Where are you from? We might be able to help with a different selection of parts if you can give us that.
    Though I did mention that, I probably would get something other than the MPower MB. There are other products that are just as good that are cheaper, though your selection may be limited in your country. The RAM you have selected might also have tall heat spreaders which can be a detriment to getting your heat sink installed.
    I'm from belgium, last time I got my parts from azerty.nl, so I was looking at them again.

I'm gonna try to find the name of my case if that tells you anything for the ram issue you mentioned.

edit: its a Cooler Master CM 690 II (Advanced or not I'm not sure)
    But now that I think of it it's more a mobo issue isn't it
    Last edited by mmocefd74b7d86; 2013-08-17 at 03:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The case is not the issue with the RAM that I mentioned. It is actually all about the plastic heatsinks that are on the RAM modules themselves. The standard Vengeance RAM has tall heat spreaders that don't really do anything more than normal height spreaders except to impede the installation of large air CPU heat sinks.

Now that I looked at your list again, I see that the RAM you picked is low profile. Sorry I missed that!

I might be inclined to spend a couple more € and get this BeQuiet PSU or spend a few less and get this Seasonic unit.

For the MB, you could drop €50 off the price, and still stick with MSI using this MB though there are other options also.

The use of that savings could go right into getting a bigger SSD which would save you from micromanaging in the future etc. This is the 250GB version of the SSD you selected.

Edit: I have to say that those are little nitpicks. The build overall is pretty solid.

Deleted
    I dont quite understand the entire PSU thing

520 watt seems low, why get that one?

10+ Year Old Account
    The two power supplies I suggested are of a better quality, and handle more than enough wattage to power your system, even with overclocking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 44thsavage View Post
    I dont quite understand the entire PSU thing

520 watt seems low, why get that one?
    Because GPU vendors tend to considerably overestimate their power consumption on the box.

Deleted
    I got a tip to get a Intel Core i5 4670 instead, but then I need a new mobo. would that be worth it? he said the 3000 series is getting old now.
    also to replace the gfx with the lightning version instead.

I got a tip to get a Intel Core i5 4670 instead, but then I need a new mobo. would that be worth it? he said the 3000 series is getting old now.
    also to replace the gfx with the lightning version instead.

The 3570k is still a beast of a processor, especially if you overclock. I recall reading that you gain about 10% in performance with the 4670k at the same clock speeds, though it is better at power consumption than the 3570k.

You can snag a similar GPU for about 40euros cheaper(like this one) and overclock it fairly decent with the cooler it comes with(it's stock clock speed are really close to the lightning as-is to boot).
    Last edited by tielknight; 2013-08-18 at 07:44 PM.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Deleted
    someone told me this
    Intel 4000 can't get ANYWHERE near that 770, Intel HD is integrated into the CPU. GTX 770 is a separate part, it has its own processing power, rather than sharing with the CPU like the intel HD does.
    So i'm gonna leave it as it is.

someone told me this
    He linked another 770, just one with a better cooler. And cheaper.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    Dont get the lightning, it is a waste of money. Just stick with the Gigabyte

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...-review-9.html

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post
    Because GPU vendors tend to considerably overestimate their power consumption on the box.
    This and they have to account for people buying shitty power supplies that provides far less amps/watts than you might think at first glance.

- - - Updated - - -

someone told me this
    You're not going to be using the onboard graphics (HD3000 or HD4000) and as mentioned already just get the cheaper Gigabyte card (770).

What new cards has less then 2GB nowadays?..
    Case: Corsair 750D MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z170 MARK1 CPU: i7 6700K (4.7GHz) CPU Cooling: Corsair H115i
    PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750W Platinum GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified 6GB SSD1: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro
    SSD2: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro RAM: Corsair 32GB DOMINATOR Monitor: Asus 27" VG278H 120Hz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guruftw View Post
    What new cards has less then 2GB nowadays?..
    7770, 650ti boost, 7850 (they also come in 2GB models).

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    7770, 650ti boost, 7850 (they also come in 2GB models).
    Guess I totaly missed the 1GB models then.
    Case: Corsair 750D MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z170 MARK1 CPU: i7 6700K (4.7GHz) CPU Cooling: Corsair H115i
    PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750W Platinum GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified 6GB SSD1: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro
    SSD2: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro RAM: Corsair 32GB DOMINATOR Monitor: Asus 27" VG278H 120Hz