Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Need help with dps

nvm going back to druid that section has nicer ppl. fuck u priests
    Last edited by markie10101; 2013-08-17 at 08:10 PM.

You don't have any tier pieces. UVLS is useless w/o 2pc.
    You're using wrong talents on most fights.
    You're not even close to Mind Blasting on cooldown.
    You're not clipping your MF:I.
    And your dot uptimes are terribad. From your Jin'Rokh log:
    Shadow Word: Pain 4319991 11.1 % - - 97 23053.4 2236184 47 44336.3 2083807 04:29 (82.3 %)
    Vampiric Touch 3547892 9.1 % - - 77 28187.8 2170458 28 49194.1 1377434 03:43 (68.2 %)
    This is sad.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

giving up.
    Last edited by markie10101; 2013-08-17 at 07:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markie10101 View Post
    and like i said IVE never played shadow b4 im still learning. Im lookin for help not ppl who are gonna just flame without giving helpful advice
    Since you're clueless about shadow, you didn't really noticed that she helped you A LOT.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

I recommend checking out howtopriest.com, they are arguably the best class specific website out there. They have a ton of information, and if you still have questions they're pretty good at helping without thinly disguised insults.

They have a forum section titled "gear check/fix me" where the senior members do a pretty good job of helping people out.

druid section is nicer. ill go back there
    Last edited by markie10101; 2013-08-17 at 07:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a sad day if this is a serious thread, since the OP couldn't even read properly.
    Veiled clearly stated why your DPS is "low" - DoT uptimes, thus try to reapply them before they fall off, for starters. It was stated that your DoTs are terribad, not you. Spamming MB more is also a helpful tip. MF:I - recast just before DP is about to fall off
    As for talents, check out this thread.

edit: he edited his flaming and "l2read" comments, gg.

Last edited by Vargur; 2013-08-17 at 07:56 PM.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

druid section is nicer. ill go back there
    What the hell happened to "thank you for your time kind sir" :/

Past redemption, this one is.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Past redemption, this one is.
    Redemption is a Paladin spell. We don't do that here.

nvm going back to druid that section has nicer ppl. fuck u priests
    These, 2 people is what you judge the entire priest community on?
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

OP gets the answer for why DPS is lacking, and doesn't like the truth, then gives up completely.
    Alright then.

Deleted
    Whether or not the answer he got was correct or not one can still be nice on the internet(and no i dont want to hear about life is harsh bla bla) cuz what veiledyo(Notice that is not the real veiled for anyone who wonders there is a big difference between an actual important character in the community and someone who only runs and screaming BS all the time) Anyways my point was that its just unnecessary being so harsh sure if you play in the same guild as the person and you are affected by them playing bad feel free to flame them and no one here will be mad about it but when you do like this that is just truly despisable.
    But then again the OP seems to have been just as nice considering all the editing that has been done.
    Last edited by mmocd209f15420; 2013-08-17 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by discmeedel View Post
    someone who only runs and screaming BS all the time
    What part of my explanation of why his DPS is bad, or anything I ever wrote on MMO that has to do with DPS, is BS, please? The fact people don't like my wording on it, or simply can't take constructive criticism, is not my fault.
    but when you do like this that is just truly despisable.
    You just guessed how I picked a name for my warlock :<
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2013-08-17 at 09:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lirnda View Post
    OP gets the answer for why DPS is lacking, and doesn't like the truth, then gives up completely.
    Alright then.
    I think it was more the tone it was said in, while its why his dps is lacking it was a bit blunt towards the end of the post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    What part of my explanation of why his DPS is bad, or anything I ever wrote on MMO that has to do with DPS, is BS, please? The fact people don't like my wording on it, or simply can't take constructive criticism, is not my fault.
    Then whos fault is it for you being an Asshole? Your parents?
    For the record i would never even try discussing any theorycrafting with you even because you have the mindset that you are never wrong and thats all i have seen in any post i have read from you, but yea dunno why i replied to that.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I think it was more the tone it was said in, while its why his dps is lacking it was a bit blunt towards the end of the post.
    It kinds of needs to be blunt. If someone can't figure out that DoTs do damage, and therefore your DPS will be low if you don't keep your DoTs up, they're more or less beyond help anyway. So at that point you kind of need to just come out and say stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    It kinds of needs to be blunt. If someone can't figure out that DoTs do damage, and therefore your DPS will be low if you don't keep your DoTs up, they're more or less beyond help anyway. So at that point you kind of need to just come out and say stuff...
    There are nicer ways to explain dot uptimes and their importance instead of just highlighting the percentage in larger font size and calling it sad, but i guess it depends on the person if you decide to play nice or be blunt with how you present your message.

i think it's a great response for when people decide they're too cool for the fix my dps thread

Then whos fault is it for you being an Asshole? Your parents?
    I'm not an asshole.
    For the record i would never even try discussing any theorycrafting with you even because you have the mindset that you are never wrong and thats all i have seen in any post i have read from you
    What's wrong with having such a mindset? If you don't have a mindset of a winner, you'll never be one. #fact You'd prolly have it if you were as good as I am as well, and still I do my best to try and help people who are not.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2013-08-17 at 11:03 PM.