Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    you enter the black temple raid at a crack in the wall to the right, not the main entrance
    I know this. Being on the quest chain for green fire, or even having finished it, phased the raid. I know where the crack in the wall is, but you can't enter it. You just go through the green portal entrance, but no load screen. The game will not let you enter the raid. I've tried to enter the raid both solo, and as part of a group or raid. My warlock cannot enter the 25 man raid now that they have started the quest chain.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    I know this. Being on the quest chain for green fire, or even having finished it, phased the raid. I know where the crack in the wall is, but you can't enter it. You just go through the green portal entrance, but no load screen. The game will not let you enter the raid. I've tried to enter the raid both solo, and as part of a group or raid. My warlock cannot enter the 25 man raid now that they have started the quest chain.
    That's just extra inspiration to clear the green fire :P
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    It's that kind of 'inspiration' that made me abandon my warlock back in 5.2, i couldn't complete my transmog set due to phasing with the black temple raid AND a number of shadowmoon valley quests.

Honestly i wish i had sold that accursed Book when it was selling for 100k... It's caused me nothing but displeasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It's that kind of 'inspiration' that made me abandon my warlock back in 5.2, i couldn't complete my transmog set due to phasing with the black temple raid AND a number of shadowmoon valley quests.

Honestly i wish i had sold that accursed Book when it was selling for 100k... It's caused me nothing but displeasure.
    Aww but but it's not THAT bad!

I will personally be a motivator in teamspeak/vent/axon for anyone who needs it

Actually, it's still bugged, due to the fact you can still do the scenario after you have completed it. You still can't do Black Temple 25 man even after you get your green fire. Going back to the NPC and turning off green fire doesn't help either.

Friend of mine can't enter the raid either and he has his green fire.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

I can't imagine what you are doing different. I've done the green fire quest and I can still go and do Black Temple.

Actually, it's still bugged, due to the fact you can still do the scenario after you have completed it. You still can't do Black Temple 25 man even after you get your green fire. Going back to the NPC and turning off green fire doesn't help either.

That sucks...just glad I already have the full Malefic set at least. Sucks for others though.

I will flay your mind.

Come to think of it, I usually run through BT with my wife. Maybe if you group with someone not on the quest or who has never done the quest?

10+ Year Old Account
    Man. Been attempting this boss for a few weeks. I have a couple tries every time I go in then I rage quit because I have little patience when it comes to it.

After many tries though I've managed to be able to usually get up to the second wave of Felhunters, if I don't choke on the first ones. One of my latest attempts I managed to lose control of my Pit Lord about 4+ times because I had to use my teleport because of CB and I hadn't killed the last felhunter. I somehow survived that though.
    I usually for some reason fail at the 2nd FH phase due to not enough dps to beat his chaos bolt charge.

I also feel that doing 70k dps at 493 ilvl is low but hey I guess I'll get this done eventually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Come to think of it, I usually run through BT with my wife. Maybe if you group with someone not on the quest or who has never done the quest?
    This would be possible.
    I'm pretty sure that I have done BT a few times after starting/completing the green fire quest line. However, I do think that I've invited myself with a twink beforehand (which I put on /follow afterwards).

It's only bugged for some people. For a few weeks after I got the quest I couldn't do it either so I put in a ticket. The GM said that they're aware of the problem and are apparently still fixing it. At some point the bug ceased to be a bug for me and I was able to re-enter BT...not entirely sure how or why though. I only succeeded in getting the green fire after I was able to enter BT again, so I can rule that one out.

Deleted
    Works for me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    The fight requires quite a high level of technical capability in terms of any given pve encounter in the game (applying the right solution to the right problem with the right timing), and it is thematically perfect for the warlock. Assuming you don't grossly overgear the fight you have to be a reasonably good player to get green fire, but calling it the "pinnacle of being a warlock" is a farce. The pinnacle of warlocks are on the cutting edge of raiding progression and in the highest of arena ratings and rated BG play, where abilities that are part of the practical toolset of the warlock, and not gimmick ability bloat or secondary effects to what is a primary purpose, are put to use.
    Well, cutting edge raiding Warlocks don't even have to use all of their abilities, they just need to know the general mechanics of the fight and how to use their 3 button rotations. They just need to know how the fight works for anyone that is DPS basically. So it wouldn't be the pinnacle of being a Warlock, it would be the pinnacle of being DPS. Yeah, I'm nitpicking.

You're right about high end PvP though, it's probably much harder than this epic quest chain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heya guys, I came to this thread just to say THAT I FINALLY GOT GREEN FIRE! woooo

I started trying the fight as ilvl480ish about 3 weeks ago, and every time I got a new piece from a raid, I went and did approx 2-3 tries before deciding that i need more gear.
    Few days ago I got a new trinket and decided to give it another go today(ilvl503). Got it on first attempt, as destruction. Total was like 12, maybe 13 tries over 3 weeks.

I used this guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=5IcodMZVDcY

Ate one chaos bolt which brought me down to 4% health which made me cringe and brought tears to my eyes but pitlord healed me up rather quickly after that.
    Forgot to cleanse 3 times, each time black hole appeared to the ground.
    By the end of the fight there were 2 doomlords, few imps left from third imp phase, 2 felhunters and pitlord which by then wasn't enslaved anymore. Survived with 90k health.
    Oh, and when boss was around 20% I started shaking uncontrollably because I was so excited I might get green fire
    Good luck to everyone, I'm off to googling green fire cry threads to make myself feel good :P.
    Last edited by Alyzyr; 2013-08-25 at 12:20 PM.

Meh, did some tries tonight (about 15 I reckon?) and I almost facesmashed my keyboard due to the amount of fails. Like 40% of my tries are <30% tries, and I even wiped <5% 3 times. It's bullshit tbh, wiping below 20%, but I managed to do it. I constantly get aggro from both doom lords in the last phase, and I can't damage boss and keep ember tapping myself at the same time. So yeah, it sucks.

But I'm close, so I'll get it eventually I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Right, I just made it Another 12-15 tries, but finally I got the kill. I have no clue why people find the felhound phase the hardest. For me controlling both doom lords was definitely the toughest part of this encounter. The try that got me the kill went super fast and smooth, thankfully. It was all about staying calm tbh. In my previous <20% tries, I always freaked the fuck out due to the amount of shit that was going on. Doom lords fucking me over, imps fucking me over, not paying attention to debuffs etc. Now I killed the boss when he just got his first imps out, so all in all really fast. The double CB's during cataclysm really helped as well, although I did not always have enough embers to be able to pull off 2.

I didn't use the Pit Lord charge technique. I prefered to let him stay on the side, while I aggro the hounds with RoF. Havoc on the first one, CB the 2nd (and thus the 1st) and straight on nukeage on the 3rd. When they got together I'd shadowfury, pop fire and brimstone and they'd be down in a jiffy.

In the final phase I had to banish one doom lord. The other one was aggroed by my pit lord constantly.

I freaked out when I killed it btw I don't know if 30 tries is alot for this, but it sure as hell is one of the toughest and most fun encounters I've done in my 8 years of Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Las Vegas View Post
    I freaked out when I killed it btw I don't know if 30 tries is alot for this, but it sure as hell is one of the toughest and most fun encounters I've done in my 8 years of Wow.
    Congratz

And I wish more of these warlocks understood the joy of this encounter that you do.

Congratz

And I wish more of these warlocks understood the joy of this encounter that you do.
    Thank you very much. Well, I didn't exactly enjoy the 5% wipes :P But all in all the reward from completing the fight is such a huge feat, that it's definitely worth the amount of time you put in. I spotted some threads on the official forums with warlocks crying that the fight is too hard, nerfs are needed etc. Screw them tbh. The fight is perfectly fine. Theres just 0 room for error.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats wierd , i have no problems whatsoever with entering BT after completing green fire quest. I know it was bugged like that in 5.2 (completed quest 3 days after patch droped, took ages to get book^^) , but since 5.3 im soloing or boosting my friend thru BT almost every week without problems.

Congratz

Quote Originally Posted by Las Vegas View Post
    Thank you very much. Well, I didn't exactly enjoy the 5% wipes :P But all in all the reward from completing the fight is such a huge feat, that it's definitely worth the amount of time you put in. I spotted some threads on the official forums with warlocks crying that the fight is too hard, nerfs are needed etc. Screw them tbh. The fight is perfectly fine. Theres just 0 room for error.
    ..and I wish the people that like this sort of thing would understand that not everyone does.

Let's say there were a hypothetical quest chain to give your voidwalker a hat and at the end of that chain was a lengthy platforming sequence that required timed jumps and whatnot. People who like Mario or Tomb Raider games would probably think it's the best thing ever while people who don't would be upset.

That's not the point in this case. People are asking for nerfs because they are unable to complete the fight in its current state.

I understand that some people don't like certain fights, that's perfectly fine. But asking for nerfs because of the simple fact that you're not able to beat certain mechanics is simply stupid tbh.
    Last edited by Las Vegas; 2013-08-27 at 06:28 PM.